1. #1
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Is the Miami coach retarded?

    4th and goal from the 6, Down 7 with 6:26 left...he kicks a FG to go down 4.

    Say whaaaaa?

    Hey coach, you still need a touchdown.


  2. #2
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,130
    Betpoints: 2344

    you said R word

    reported

    you canceled

  3. #3
    bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-09
    Posts: 5,461
    Betpoints: 40233

    They scored 2 TDs that drive phantom replay after score and phantom penalty after score

  4. #4
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you said R word

    reported

    you canceled
    My bad, couldn't think of a more fitting word.

  5. #5
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,130
    Betpoints: 2344

    stop em on defense.

    get the ball back and score a TD and you win now

    rather than play for a tie if you got stopped on a long 4th down

  6. #6
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    They scored 2 TDs that drive phantom replay after score and phantom penalty after score
    No doubt, but how do you kick a FG there? They still need a TD. 4th and goal from the 6 probably close to 50/50, maybe a little less, but easily worth going for it.

  7. #7
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    stop em on defense.

    get the ball back and score a TD and you win now

    rather than play for a tie if you got stopped on a long 4th down
    Nah man. At worst you also pin em deep. Stop them and get it back to score at worst. But you cannot throw away your shot for almost nothing.

  8. #8
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Live line proved it too. Miami was like +120 before they decided to kick. +160 after they made it.

  9. #9
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Maybe they'll come back and win anyway, but it was dumb, period.

  10. #10
    rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 22,291
    Betpoints: 207814

    They should of reviewed play for knee down. We wanted knee down not grounding to keep clock running.

  11. #11
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Good for them. Still wrong.

  12. #12
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,043
    Betpoints: 7588

    No it wasn't. Don't act like you are some analytics genius. If they get a td now they go up 3. If they tried the td last time and did nothing they were down 7 still.

    Now if they get a td they can still afford to allow a fg.

    Oh look they got a td. You look like an idiot AGAIN.

  13. #13
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,130
    Betpoints: 2344

    Miami coach, a got damn genius

    he knew his team and knew how to play for a win and not a tie

  14. #14
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No it wasn't. Don't act like you are some analytics genius. If they get a td now they go up 3. If they tried the td last time and did nothing they were down 7 still.

    Now if they get a td they can still afford to allow a fg.

    Oh look they got a td. You look like an idiot AGAIN.
    End result does not prove it.

    The line move actually proved I was right.

  15. #15
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,043
    Betpoints: 7588

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    End result does not prove it.

    The line move actually proved I was right.
    End result is I won on nc state+10.

    The line move was right if you won. You didn't.

  16. #16
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    End result is I won on nc state+10.

    The line move was right if you won. You didn't.
    You don't know if I won or lost or nothing. I just like to argue strategy because coaches get it wrong a lot and it peeves me. End result either way in hindsight does not prove it. Just like I've made excellent wagers that have lost. Still was an excellent wager decision. Dumb wagers can win too.

  17. #17
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,142
    Betpoints: 19533

    I thought it was a good call. The line move only tells you that live bettors thought it was foolish, they're not exactly experts.

  18. #18
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,043
    Betpoints: 7588

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You don't know if I won or lost or nothing. I just like to argue strategy because coaches get it wrong a lot and it peeves me. End result either way in hindsight does not prove it. Just like I've made excellent wagers that have lost. Still was an excellent wager decision. Dumb wagers can win too.
    So you lost? That's basically what you just said LOL.

    Market is not right everytime man. I thought you knew that. Its called sharp act on both sides. Clearly sharps were on nc state.

  19. #19
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,775
    Betpoints: 21581

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So you lost? That's basically what you just said LOL.

    Market is not right everytime man. I thought you knew that. Its called sharp act on both sides. Clearly sharps were on nc state.
    That decision had nothing to do with the spread or the sharp side.

    I actually had a middle 73.5 to 76, 78, 78.5, so the FG itself wasn't that bad. If they go for it and score it's worse. It wasn't that. It was the principle of the matter. It was wrong and it pissed me off for some reason. It's still wrong regardless of the result. They still had a 39% chance to after the FG. But if they go for it they have a 45% chance to win.

  20. #20
    Enikk
    Enikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-20
    Posts: 1,287
    Betpoints: 888

    Great decision by the coach. He kept momentum going and showed faith in his defense.

  21. #21
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,503
    Betpoints: 24869

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No doubt, but how do you kick a FG there? They still need a TD. 4th and goal from the 6 probably close to 50/50, maybe a little less, but easily worth going for it.
    4th and goal from the 6 is gonna be way way less than a 50/50 proposition. 6:26 left in the game is too much time to go for broke and squander a scoring opportunity by potentially turning it over on downs.

  22. #22
    Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-20-11
    Posts: 27,328
    Betpoints: 16085

    OP is retarded

Top