Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Bill Russell's Boycott... Nearly 60 years ago...

In nearly 60 years...

how far has the needle actually moved???

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/...-good-trouble/

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

In the 1960s protests were truly peaceful. They didnt kill eachother in the streets, burn down buildings, destroy their own communities, and the list goes on and on. The racism was a lot worse then. Blacks were put at the back of the busses, weren't allowed to drink from the same water fountains as whites, was completely segregated from white schools and that list goes on and on as well.

Then along came Martin Luther King. That man was a true ICON of peace that brought people together both black and white. Never once spoke to promote this reckless violence and hate even under worse conditions. He would be ashamed of what is going on right now if he existed in this time period. I could only assume that a man like him would be disheartened to see his people doing such things. It's sad that what he brought to the world has been forgotten so easily.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, and RonT73

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

While I can appreciate your posts Runeblade, there may be something you're not considering...

Black people were attacked with fire hoses and dogs while attempting to protest peacefully...

Dr. King was a great man. He was smart enough to know that people needed to see those attacks. Had it gone unseen, then people may or may not have believed the nasty nature of what was going on. The videos of fire hoses and dogs sparked more outrage and protests.

But make no mistake, it wasn't black people that were newly outraged b/c black people knew what was happening.

It was white people that became outraged at the mistreatment. That's when change actually started to occur.

Yes, I would assume that a man like MLK would look at the current leadership of the US and be ashamed.

And there's one major thing you're overlooking...

As peaceful as Martin Luther King Jr was..

He was assassinated...

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

At least that boycott was warranted and understandable. Now we’re boycotting games because people like LeBaby James are getting butt hurt that violent sex predators and rapists are being shot. I say let the whiny little bitches lose their paychecks for not playing.