Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

[QUOTE=funnyb25;29573980]What part of the thread title did you not understand?[/Q

He is not addressing the thread title. He is addressing the point of whether or not you get an adjusted line if a pitching change has been made.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Everyone in such a hurry to reply like they know something, when they don't even know what they are replying to.
    Umm. Wow. In such a hurry? Slow down yourself a bit and read what we are saying. Then read the thread title.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Ok. Play at Bookmaker for baseball and bet Cole -400. He gets scratched and some bullpen guy starts. You want a price adjustment on Bookmaker?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    If you bet Gerrit Cole at -400 against the Orioles and he gets scratched and they call up a AAA pitcher I don’t think you’d still be paying -400. You would be paying the adjusted line.
    Not if there are no Listed Pitchers. Look at the legal USA books that have no Listed Pitches, all bets stand at original price. There are no adjusted lines, that only happens if you bet Action with Listed Pitchers, which sounds like in no longer exists at Bookmaker "Unless otherwise stated".

Now it could be that dreaded qualifier will apply to the upper echelon pitchers, but I have no idea right now, we will have to wait and see.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Correct me if I'm wrong but thought I remembered betting action would mean you get a new adjusted line based off the pitching change. I could be wrong though.
    No, you are correct. That why it can be a bad idea to bet action, you at the mercy of whatever the new line books choose to hang is! And I believe it the opener with new line as well,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    action is action, no matter if the whole team gets sick, if you played it at -140 it never changes
    Unless that a new thing that couldnt be further from the truth!

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

Ok. Play at Bookmaker for baseball and bet Cole -400. He gets scratched and some bullpen guy starts. You want a price adjustment on Bookmaker?
    I just got off the phone with Vincent at BM. In the past that's EXACTLY what has been done. He confirmed that and like I said I've had this happen in the past.

With that said Vincent also let me know with the new action policy at BM they would be changing that rule as well. He said that on all bets the line will be locked at the time you make the bet. So no more line adjusting on a pitching change when you bet action. He said that policy started today.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

LoL

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not if there are no Listed Pitchers. Look at the legal USA books that have no Listed Pitches, all bets stand at original price. There are no adjusted lines, that only happens if you bet Action with Listed Pitchers, which sounds like in no longer exists at Bookmaker "Unless otherwise stated".

Now it could be that dreaded qualifier will apply to the upper echelon pitchers, but I have no idea right now, we will have to wait and see.
    Correct but we are talking listed pitchers here.

2daBank

Which part of the thread title did you not understand. Fukin corona virus making everyone retarded
    So the original line gonna stick regardless?? We (well I’m assuming others did) read the opening post, I just figured something getting lost in translation since that would be incredibly risky for both sides, shocking to me books willing to put themselves in that possible position!

Of course (no offense)the ppl laying -400 with Cole are in no way scaring the books! No way they are winning in baseball making that kind of play!! Lol. On the other hand if you have +375 or whatever and Cole replaced by a minor leaguer you in great shape! Matter fact outcome of game irrelevant you just go to another out and buy Yankees at the shorter price and count the winnings!
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-18-20 at 10:36 AM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Good Luck men

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No, you are correct. That why it can be a bad idea to bet action, you at the mercy of whatever the new line books choose to hang is! And I believe it the opener with new line as well,
    It is two different things. The adjusted price happens (or happened if BM no longer has pitchers) if you bet Action when there are listed pitchers. That is not the same thing as No Listed Starter/Action/Any Pitcher or however the books phrase it, which means literally that and eliminates the right to adjust lines.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

Good Luck men
    That's it? I live the positive kind of life so I won't go into detail on your responses but do you see the hypocrisy in them? At least man up and say you were wrong. It happens to us all.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

That's it? I live with positive kind of life so I won't go into detail on your responses but do you see the hypocrisy in them? At least man up and say you were wrong. It happens to us all.
    Wrong about what? Bet on Bookmaker this season and get an adjusted price when the pitcher changes.

LT Profits

I just got off the phone with Vincent at BM. In the past that's EXACTLY what has been done. He confirmed that and like I said I've had this happen in the past.

With that said Vincent also let me know with the new action policy at BM they would be changing that rule as well. He said that on all bets the line will be locked at the time you make the bet. So no more line adjusting on a pitching change when you bet action. He said that policy started today.
    As i have said in different ways about 5 times?

The one bothersome part though is "Unless otherwise specified".

2daBank

That’s crazy! Information is gonna become more valuable than capping!

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

Exactly! This is a MAJOR change. At least for BM it is.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 07-18-20 at 10:43 AM.

2daBank

It is two different things. The adjusted price happens (or happened if BM no longer has pitchers) if you bet Action when there are listed pitchers. That is not the same thing as No Listed Starter/Action/Any Pitcher or however the books phrase it, which means literally that and eliminates the right to adjust lines.
    So they gonna start having games with the “no starter designation” basically? Im assuming the game has To have whatever they gonna call it for it to qualify? So if the game says Cole/Morton the same rules would apply to “listed/action”? The only difference when it has the new designation?

LT Profits

That has been the case all long at many legal USA books. In fact, I would go as far as to say more USA books do NOT have listed pitchers than have them.

2daBank

That has been the case all long at many legal USA books. In fact, I would go as far as to say more USA books do NOT have listed pitchers than have them.
    Guess other than the few times I went to Vegas in my life I’ve never bet with a “legal” USA book, and both my Vegas trips were not during baseball season. This all new to me and ya know how much I love baseball!

LT Profits

So they gonna start having games with the “no starter designation” basically? Im assuming the game has To have whatever they gonna call it for it to qualify? So if the game says Cole/Morton the same rules would apply to “listed/action”? The only difference when it has the new designation?
    Well Sugarhouse for one does not display pitchers, that is probably safest route to avoid confusion. No pitchers displayed = action at odds placed. Some books last year listed No Listed Starter/Action/Any Pitcher when there were Openers, but if rule now always applies, better to not show any pitchers.

2daBank

That's it? I live the positive kind of life so I won't go into detail on your responses but do you see the hypocrisy in them? At least man up and say you were wrong. It happens to us all.
    Im busy trying to get a understanding of this important information so don’t know who “right” or “wrong” in ya’ll discussion but ive never understood how hard it is for ppl to admit when they wrong?? Not the end of the world, I’m often wrong and have no problem learning from when I am. Folks who admit when they wrong have far more credibility with me than guys who act as if they never are (we all know that ain’t true! Lol).

2daBank

Well Sugarhouse for one does not display pitchers, that is probably safest route to avoid confusion. No pitchers displayed = action at odds placed. Some books last year listed No Listed Starter/Action/Any Pitcher when there were Openers, but if rule now always applies, better to not show any pitchers.
    appreciate you taking the time to try and explain it pal.

LT Profits

The confusion in this thread stems to the dual meaning of "Action". Many are used to using Action when they bet that way with starting pitchers, which is when you get new line if pitching change. That is not the same as the Bookmaker case where "Action" essentially IS the starting pitcher, meaning all bets stand at odds bet.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Listed pitcher and Starting pitcher very different. Back to my original post. Bet Cole -400, and some bullpen guy starts instead. You still are getting -400. Thought I made it pretty clear the first time.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

good luck to people betting on these crazy mlb and bubble basketball playoffs

posters that are vanishing... do so because they go broke

2daBank

Listed pitcher and Starting pitcher very different. Back to my original post. Bet Cole -400, and some bullpen guy starts instead. You still are getting -400. Thought I made it pretty clear the first time.
    From my understanding that doesn’t sound like what it is? Jesus im so lost. Maybe I should sober up and try reading thru this again!

LT Profits

From my understanding that doesn’t sound like what it is? Jesus im so lost. Maybe I should sober up and try reading thru this again!
    Don't be lost. Just remember that no pitchers listed means bets stand at odds placed no matter what. Pitchers should only be displayed if they matter (i.e., book accepts listed pitchers). I think it would be dangerous to display pitchers if all bets are action at odds placed, THAT would lead to confusion.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    good luck to people betting on these crazy mlb and bubble basketball playoffs

posters that are vanishing... do so because they go broke
    I dunno what if any difference betting mlb will be? other than these new rules that some were being implemented anyways. I don’t think the empty stadium thing gonna make it all that much different.

It the freaking 3 batter rule for relievers that concerns me and that was happening regardless, another stupid attempt by mlb to speed games up which I think it will actually have the opposite effect!! God I hate this rule!

I guess the extra inning rule only started thanks to the shutdown? I don’t hate that but it could play hell with totals that go into extra innings!!

DH in both leagues was coming sooner than later anyways.

Now the NHL and NBA bubbles do worry me. So many good nhl playoff angles that are worthless inside the bubble. I think the hockey will still be good tho. NBA I have no clue what to expect? I am curious if the best teams are still gonna advance like has happened 90% the time in nba since beginning of time!?!

LT Profits

OK, here we go:

• 4:08 PM

• Line
      Total
      Moneyline

New York YankeesAction

-1½+125
      o7½+100

Washington NationalsAction

+1½-145
      u7½-120
      +126

• BET NOW

• 7:08 PM

• Line
      Total
      Moneyline

San Francisco GiantsAction

+1½+118
      o8-110
      +264

Los Angeles DodgersAction

-1½-138
      u8-110

Bookmaker opted to list Action for all games, just remember that listing "Action" as starter means actton at odds placed. It is not the Action we are accustomed to when pitchers are listed.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Let me try to make it more clear. You go to MLB.com and see that Cole is supposed to start the game. So then you make your way over to Bookmaker to bet Yankees -400 thinking Cole starts the game. Ut oh, Cole, pulls his lat in warmups and LT Profits is the new starting pitcher. You still have Yankees -400. Hope this helps.

LT Profits

I dunno what if any difference betting mlb will be? other than these new rules that some were being implemented anyways. I don’t think the empty stadium thing gonna make it all that much different.

It the freaking 3 batter rule for relievers that concerns me and that was happening regardless, another stupid attempt by mlb to speed games up which I think it will actually have the opposite effect!! God I hate this rule!

I guess the extra inning rule only started thanks to the shutdown? I don’t hate that but it could play hell with totals that go into extra innings!!

DH in both leagues was coming sooner than later anyways.

Now the NHL and NBA bubbles do worry me. So many good nhl playoff angles that are worthless inside the bubble. I think the hockey will still be good tho. NBA I have no clue what to expect? I am curious if the best teams are still gonna advance like has happened 90% the time in nba since beginning of time!?!
    Home field advantage goes from being the LEAST meaningful in baseball when they are fans to now being the MOST meaningful (relatively, still not enormous) with no fans. That is because baseball is only sport where actual field dimensions are different, so knowing intricacies of home park helps.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

It's confusing. Especially when people are posting contradicting explanations in the beginning of the thread.
    Thanks LT for helping to explain.
    I will only be betting MLB dogs from now on when using BM, JB, and Galaxy.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    It's confusing. Especially when people are posting contradicting explanations in the beginning of the thread.
    Thanks LT for helping to explain.
    I will only be betting MLB dogs from now on when using BM, JB, and Galaxy.
    It doesn't necessarily help dogs either.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Don't be lost. Just remember that no pitchers listed means bets stand at odds placed no matter what. Pitchers should only be displayed if they matter (i.e., book accepts listed pitchers). I think it would be dangerous to display pitchers if all bets are action at odds placed, THAT would lead to confusion.
    I disagree. If all bets are action then that's that, putting pitchers doesn't even confuse that fact, bettors should be aware.

I would like to see the books continue to put the original pitchers that they are assuming when hanging the line, whether or not you can select listed. It's not only convenient, but revealing info as well (even if we can get it elsewhere).

Are we thinking this is just for the 2020 shortened season or is BM, or even the rest of the marketplace, looking to make this more permanent?

First 123 Last