Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Let's not pretend we are going through some historical moment in our history. We overreacted to a virus because of the media and social media and now we are overreacting to police brutality and racism for the same reason.

Here is a fact: there will always be some people who are racist (as sad as it is). There will always be some police who are corrupt.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I agree with you but Bball hall isn't as strict as Canton. Yao Ming got in. Tmac, who was a top 3 player for at least 6 years, got in, even though his prime career was very short.

Na, to make the hall of fame in NBA you have to be the top player at your position in the league for at least 5-7 years. Howard was that. I agree with you the bball HoF is dilluted, because they count college too, they count olympics.

Is Marc Gasol a hall of famer? To me the answer is no, not by skill. But he will get in probably because of his contributions for Spain.
    if that was the case there would be like 20 total people in the nba hall of fame

i'm curious as to how shaq, ewing, alonzo, hakeem, vlade divac, david robinson, mutombo could all qualify under those terms... how can 7 centers all be the best at their position at the same time?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    That’s not entirely true on 5-7 years of being great. I’d agree though that Howard had such a great early career. He was an automatic double double. Bill Walton? Ralph Sampson? Chris Mullin? There are so many questionable guys in there. There is just a lot of latitude to get in. It’s a body of work in amateur/college/pro that gets you in. It’s not really the “pro hall of fame”... so you have to take that into consideration.

McGrady? That is surprising to me. I don’t know if he was ever the best player on his team. Agree on Gasol. There will be a flurry of hall of famers coming up in the next 10-15 years based on the scoring numbers today. The criteria has so much latitude. Either way- there was a time when D Howard was the top center. What the hell went wrong?
    You can't be serious? McGrady and Kobe Bryant were the two best players in the world, with Allen Iverson looking in, for 5 years straight. Kobe was the best player in the world starting in 2002 and McGrady followed shortly after.

The thing that went wrong with Dwight was attitude and he's in his 16th year... He was elite for like 8-9 years.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

Is it just me or is this setting up for no return

who wants to play nowww

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    if that was the case there would be like 20 total people in the nba hall of fame

i'm curious as to how shaq, ewing, alonzo, hakeem, vlade divac, david robinson, mutombo could all qualify under those terms... how can 7 centers all be the best at their position at the same time?
    I should have said one of the best, as in like top 3 at your position for a sustained period. Mutombo wasn't on those guys' levels. But Shaq and Ewing played in different eras. Their peaks were in different years. A lot of those guys actually.

Like you look at KG and Duncan. You could say either one was the best PF in basketball in the 2000s and you can't really argue with either. But if you say Duncan, KG was still a top 3 PF for like 9/10 years.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro you can't just put in every guy. The hall needs to keep credibility. Howard is a loser. If you based it on his first years sure but once he left Orlando no. He played for 25 teams.
    Good point LB.. Can't play well with others and you will get bounced around the league even if you have talent..

He's mental, changes his hair color every other week and can't decide whether or not he likes girls or little shemale boys now..

Wish him the best.. He's getting paid dirt playing for the lakers now. I could understand he wants out and to keep his stock price high for next season when his one year contract expires..

Could be all business now for Dwight.. He's remembered right now for playing well with the Lakers this season.. I get it!!!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I should have said one of the best, as in like top 3 at your position for a sustained period. Mutombo wasn't on those guys' levels. But Shaq and Ewing played in different eras. Their peaks were in different years. A lot of those guys actually.

Like you look at KG and Duncan. You could say either one was the best PF in basketball in the 2000s and you can't really argue with either. But if you say Duncan, KG was still a top 3 PF for like 9/10 years.
    yeah that makes more sense

i always thought sports had to end at some point, otherwise these hall of fames would eventually be so crowded, and every number on every team would eventually be retired

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

This has nothing to do with race issues and everything to do with his one year Laker deal low pay contract.. PR move.. Probably will get signed with another team for 5x what he's getting paid now next year..

NBA IS ALL BUSINESS especially for aging players with a BIG name..

kid dienamite
    kid dienamite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2937

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    ZERO chance but I guess if he doesn't get in he can claim racist ideology.
    Deserving or not he's getting in...per Basketball Reference's "Hall of Fame Probability" model: 99.3% probability
    Hall of Fame Probability (If Retiring Today)
    Rank Player HoF Prob
    1. LeBron James 100%
    2. Dwyane Wade* 100%
    3. Dirk Nowitzki* 100%
    4. Kevin Durant 100%
    5. Chris Paul 99.99%
    6. Stephen Curry 99.87%
    7. Russell Westbrook 99.74%
    8. James Harden 99.54%
    9. Dwight Howard 99.3%
    10. Carmelo Anthony 98.18%
    11. Vince Carter 94.55%
    12. Pau Gasol 93.35%
    13. Anthony Davis 76.78%
    14. Kevin Love 67.58%
    15. Kyle Lowry 65.19%
    16. Paul George 62.16%
    17. Kyrie Irving 61.46%
    18. Blake Griffin 51.27%
    19. LaMarcus Aldridge 50.89%
    20. Joe Johnson 50.56%
    Last edited by kid dienamite; 06-14-20 at 10:46 PM.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Quote Originally Posted by kid dienamite View Post
    Deserving or not he's getting in...per Basketball Reference's "Hall of Fame Probability" model: 99.3% probability
    Hall of Fame Probability (If Retiring Today)
    Rank Player HoF Prob
    1. LeBron James 100%
    2. Dwyane Wade* 100%
    3. Dirk Nowitzki* 100%
    4. Kevin Durant 100%
    5. Chris Paul 99.99%
    6. Stephen Curry 99.87%
    7. Russell Westbrook 99.74%
    8. James Harden 99.54%
    9. Dwight Howard 99.3%
    10. Carmelo Anthony 98.18%
    11. Vince Carter 94.55%
    12. Pau Gasol 93.35%
    13. Anthony Davis 76.78%
    14. Kevin Love 67.58%
    15. Kyle Lowry 65.19%
    16. Paul George 62.16%
    17. Kyrie Irving 61.46%
    18. Blake Griffin 51.27%
    19. LaMarcus Aldridge 50.89%
    20. Joe Johnson 50.56%
    Carmelo. Lol

mjsuax13

You can't be serious? McGrady and Kobe Bryant were the two best players in the world, with Allen Iverson looking in, for 5 years straight. Kobe was the best player in the world starting in 2002 and McGrady followed shortly after.

The thing that went wrong with Dwight was attitude and he's in his 16th year... He was elite for like 8-9 years.
    Kobe, yes. They aren’t even close though.

No way on McGrady. I get that he was fun to watch but he is basically a guy with a bunch of stats and no significant wins. Didn’t even get a gold medal. Did he ever even get past the second round of the playoffs? Hell no. He has a great great highlight reel but what did he really accomplish?? Nothing. 2 NBA first teams, a few second and third teams, a most improved player and one fourth place vote for MVP. He had a 4 year stretch where he was a highly efficient player but that didn’t really translate to wins. I don’t know... We can agree to disagree. Lol

Iverson was a beast who willed his teams to wins.

Agree on Howard. His attitude stunk it up. There was a time when he was the most coveted guy for a contender.
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 06-14-20 at 11:09 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Isn't his money guaranteed,yeah we see right through your game Howard.

Goat Milk

Kobe, yes. They aren’t even close though.

No way on McGrady. I get that he was fun to watch but he is basically a guy with a bunch of stats and no significant wins. Didn’t even get a gold medal. Did he ever even get past the second round of the playoffs? Hell no. He has a great great highlight reel but what did he really accomplish?? Nothing. 2 NBA first teams, a few second and third teams, a most improved player and one fourth place vote for MVP. He had a 4 year stretch where he was a highly efficient player but that didn’t really translate to wins. I don’t know... We can agree to disagree. Lol

Iverson was a beast who willed his teams to wins.

Agree on Howard. His attitude stunk it up. There was a time when he was the most coveted guy for a contender.
    McGrady played on some of the worst teams every. Do you remember how good McGrady was in the playoffs, despite never progressing past the first round? He was routinely AVERAGING 33 points a series. Like 8 rebounds. While getting doubled. Even Kobe himself said "this dude could do everything I could do, and he was taller."

I think McGrady was at one point right there neck and neck with Kobe. He was always stuck on the most awful teams though and then when he finally had a good team in Houston, he got injured and his career was a wrap. So he's one of the sad stories for sure. I was a little surprised he made the hall, but he did because his ability was undeniable. No one could guard him, even Kobe, who was the best perimeter defender in the NBA by far.

As far as the Melo laugh, not sure why. Melo is one of the best scorers in NBA history. He put up 25+ a game for over a decade straight. Guy literally single handedly won an NCAA title too. I've never seen anyone win a college championship by themselves like that. He was an elite NBA player as a freshman in college playing with 21 year olds. He was already a top 20 player right when he entered the league, and probably was robbed of ROY award. Also has a shit ton of gold medals.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

McGrady was great but not a killer

Too soft and no will to win

mjsuax13

McGrady played on some of the worst teams every. Do you remember how good McGrady was in the playoffs, despite never progressing past the first round? He was routinely AVERAGING 33 points a series. Like 8 rebounds. While getting doubled. Even Kobe himself said "this dude could do everything I could do, and he was taller."

I think McGrady was at one point right there neck and neck with Kobe. He was always stuck on the most awful teams though and then when he finally had a good team in Houston, he got injured and his career was a wrap. So he's one of the sad stories for sure. I was a little surprised he made the hall, but he did because his ability was undeniable. No one could guard him, even Kobe, who was the best perimeter defender in the NBA by far.

As far as the Melo laugh, not sure why. Melo is one of the best scorers in NBA history. He put up 25+ a game for over a decade straight. Guy literally single handedly won an NCAA title too. I've never seen anyone win a college championship by themselves like that. He was an elite NBA player as a freshman in college playing with 21 year olds. He was already a top 20 player right when he entered the league, and probably was robbed of ROY award. Also has a shit ton of gold medals.
    Goat- I will agree that McGrady was in some tough spots. Hill/Yao. Never could stay healthy. McGrady feels like a cautionary tale of untapped potential.

I love Melo. Just LOL because I think his career track would have been so much better if he were drafted by those Pistons. It's still tough for me to swallow. We got DARKO. EFFING DARKO. I'm a Pistons fan so naturally that one stings. Melo's game feels stuck in the 2000's though. Its a mid range game that has almost died in the league. It's hard for him to fit into today's game although to your point- he can score the hell out of the ball so if I'm a team I make sure he gets his touches. I even sent the Pistons an e-mail to sign him. LOL. Not saying it's right but that is sort of what has happen to Melo. Great college player, great international player but lots of points and the closest he came to the finals was against Kobe's Lakers in 2009. Tough to say if he lands in the east initially. I also think he going to NY killed him.

Goat Milk

Goat- I will agree that McGrady was in some tough spots. Hill/Yao. Never could stay healthy. McGrady feels like a cautionary tale of untapped potential.

I love Melo. Just LOL because I think his career track would have been so much better if he were drafted by those Pistons. It's still tough for me to swallow. We got DARKO. EFFING DARKO. I'm a Pistons fan so naturally that one stings. Melo's game feels stuck in the 2000's though. Its a mid range game that has almost died in the league. It's hard for him to fit into today's game although to your point- he can score the hell out of the ball so if I'm a team I make sure he gets his touches. I even sent the Pistons an e-mail to sign him. LOL. Not saying it's right but that is sort of what has happen to Melo. Great college player, great international player but lots of points and the closest he came to the finals was against Kobe's Lakers in 2009. Tough to say if he lands in the east initially. I also think he going to NY killed him.
    Yeah I remember some all star games, all superstars on the court, and they would give the ball to mcgrady for a key bucket and just clear out. As for melo, yeah he had his chances. Not sure if he'll ever get to the finals, but he was never able to get through Kobe in the west. Kobe was just on a different planet than anyone for so many years, and only chance you had of beating him was when he had a shit team for several years, and even then, just ask that stacked suns team how hard it was.

Kobe was a master of the midrange and that got him 5 rings, so I don't believe in it being dead. I think it's an effective weapon, and we saw Leonard go to it time and time again last year during that run. Of course he learned it from the Mamba academy. and it got him a ring.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dwight Howard never had shit to say when he was a star. Now thats hes a marginal role player hes suddenly acting like he thinks hes a civil righta activists. Their was an underage girl who posted texts showing he likely had a sexual relationship with her, hes full of shit like many on the left.

First 123