sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

This is all nonsense. Nobody is going to bail when the championship is on the line.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rt-sources-say

They are upset that they won't have family around but in reality it's cause they can't fukk around.
    they cant cheat or sleep with other people wink wink, most of them probably are swingers/arranged marriages

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

One things for sure, with all the Pros and Cons about this, It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I'm looking forward to it. It will be the first time we have ever seen anything like this.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    One things for sure, with all the Pros and Cons about this, It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I'm looking forward to it. It will be the first time we have ever seen anything like this.
    Business as usual. Only difference is neutral venue. They could have gone for something a bit more interesting like single game elimination...

IBetYou

Why is Irving vice-president? Seems like an incredibly divisive guy, and not too bright. The NBPA really dopped the ball on that one.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Why is Irving vice-president? Seems like an incredibly divisive guy, and not too bright. The NBPA really dopped the ball on that one.
    He wanted to know what drinks and food will be available in Orlando. LOL

IBetYou

He wanted to know what drinks and food will be available in Orlando. LOL
    I read that. He's worth millions yet he's interested in free alcoholic drinks...... Supposed to be asking the big questions like health & safety and freedom to protest.

IBetYou

Type of guy that plays devils advocate just for kicks. No matter, the King wants to play and that should be the end of it.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A worthless discussion of a worthless sport. What are they going to do if fans are NOT allowed into the arena's for the ENTIRE 2020-2021 season?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Type of guy that plays devils advocate just for kicks. No matter, the King wants to play and that should be the end of it.
    yes.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

That certainly wouldn’t be the guy I pick to lead anything! Didn’t this goofball once proclaim the earth was flat? Lol

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

My 2 cents:
    With a dreadful 35+ days till even the start of the 8-game end to the regular season, I highly doubt the players will play. Already many dont want to play because of this george floyd crap. On top of inevitable huge spikes all over the country with everything re-opening, forget it. I am not even 1% hopeful we will see any major sport come back. The numbers are going to skyrocket now, and even worse in the winter. This was supposed to die down in the summer; so much for that.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    My 2 cents:
    With a dreadful 35+ days till even the start of the 8-game end to the regular season, I highly doubt the players will play. Already many dont want to play because of this george floyd crap. On top of inevitable huge spikes all over the country with everything re-opening, forget it. I am not even 1% hopeful we will see any major sport come back. The numbers are going to skyrocket now, and even worse in the winter. This was supposed to die down in the summer; so much for that.
    People will be going back to work soon surely??? The lockdown is intended to keep people at home but if they're going to mass protests or crowded beaches/ lakes then may as well have them working again. Economy is sinking fast. No lockdown -> end of protest.

DISTROYA

Just have feeling all the black athletes gonna strike together and refuse to play. Its building up to it.

IBetYou

I agree it's a possibility. They all have MLK as the hero since birth, and they think they're doing something similar to him now, so that's a powerful influence.

Money is a powerful influence too! Talk is the owners will rip up the CBA (as is their right) if the season is cancelled, and then the players will be left angling for a new deal in a pandemic. Eek!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    Just have feeling all the black athletes gonna strike together and refuse to play. Its building up to it.
    So load up on Mavericks then you will be set for life.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    That certainly wouldn’t be the guy I pick to lead anything! Didn’t this goofball once proclaim the earth was flat? Lol
    Irving = "Gigantic Goofball"!

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    This is all nonsense. Nobody is going to bail when the championship is on the line.
    winning an nba championship is impossible if you do not have a superstar player. if they don't bail it will be because they want to get paid. their nba contract is the only thing that matters to them.

lakerboy

Dwight Howard will not play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    Irving = "Gigantic Goofball"!
    yep IQ 15

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

In my opinion it's bigger playoff loss than the markets will show but Dwight Howard is pretty much a non factor who only plays center on the 2nd team of depth.

Only the second team..

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ...But if you are withholding futures bets to see which players are willing to play, and which ones will stay home, then I'm saying that it won't really make a difference for the odds or results...
    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/...angeles-lakers

Howard somehow made himself a non factor this season and cements that if he sits out..lol.

lakerboy

In my opinion it's bigger playoff loss than the markets will show but Dwight Howard is pretty much a non factor who only plays center on the 2nd team of depth.

Only the second team..

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/...angeles-lakers

Howard somehow made himself a non factor this season and cements that if he sits out..lol.
    He has been pretty solid for them. I personally don't get involved much in future markets until the actual playoffs are going on. I hope they all stay home.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

He has been pretty solid for them. I personally don't get involved much in future markets until the actual playoffs are going on. I hope they all stay home.
    I kind of agree, come playoffs you might want a guy like Howard as a backup, especially when Davis is so injury prone.

But I don't think the markets in general care as much about him.

I'd like to see an NBA playoffs this year. Since they always last so long anyway, I think we could get some good bets out of it.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Hes been their 3rd best player but low minutes

lakerboy

I kind of agree, come playoffs you might want a guy like Howard as a backup, especially when Davis is so injury prone.

But I don't think the markets in general care as much about him.

I'd like to see an NBA playoffs this year. Since they always last so long anyway, I think we could get some good bets out of it.
    You are correct market don't give a shit about him. We definitely can make some money on it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Hes been their 3rd best player but low minutes
    Perhaps a sneaky little playoff surprise the Lakers have in store.

Or a choker that blows it, turning Lebron into WTF mode...

Time will tell.

IBetYou

Howard’s agent, Charles Briscoe, told ESPN on Sunday that his client hasn’t made a decision about playing basketball again this season because basketball is the furthest thing from his mind at this moment

He will play. This the same guy that said upon entering the NBA something along the lines of wanting to be a servant of God.

There's essentially four groups of players against it; those that fear illness or injury (Mitchell/ Fournier), those that want to do something for future generations (Brogdon), those that are already sidelined (Irving/ Durant) and those that are totally washed-up (Anthony). Howard is close to later group but he has had his moments this season and all players want to close their career with a ring.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    A worthless discussion of a worthless sport. What are they going to do if fans are NOT allowed into the arena's for the ENTIRE 2020-2021 season?
    I wonder if you ever said one positive thing on this website in 11 years. Highly doubtful. Your life must suck, walking around with a stick up your ass and an inner monologue that spews hate and cynicism wherever you go.

IBetYou

Great news everyone, the WNBA is officially back on. Late July -bit before the NBA I think

DISTROYA

at this point they should just skip the anthem for NBA/NFL. Would save a bunch of kneeling bullshit.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I wonder if the players are going to give 100% ??
    Not every player. I can't see a championship meaning more than getting paid this year. A lot of the players are mentally already on vacation, just showing up to pick up their checks.

lakerboy

Hopefully people listened.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I wonder if you ever said one positive thing on this website in 11 years. Highly doubtful. Your life must suck, walking around with a stick up your ass and an inner monologue that spews hate and cynicism wherever you go.
    hes terrible always threatens posters

First 12