stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

He will end up losing over ten times what he won

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

How much enjoyment can you get from playing the lottery when you’ve already made $180 million?

Most of the enjoyment of the lottery is buying the ticket with the belief it could change your life. But for Arenas, even if he won it’s not going to change his life. So why play? It’s like a high roller playing penny slots.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

arenas needs to join sbr, hed fit right in

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

About to eat some humble pie calling Agent 0 a fraud. Had no idea California paid all winnings parimutuelly unlike all the other states that pay a fixed amount. Not that I feel that for him but he got screwed out of 700K cuz the other 2nd place winner from my state(NY) got the full $1M. Kind of staggering if you think about this: Odds of a high school player making the NBA are 3 in 10,000 & getting 5 numbers in Mega millions is 1 in 12,607,306(Divide that by the 5 games he played: comes out to 1 in 2,521,461.) Odds of both things happening to the same person gotta be in the trillions. Interestingly enough not the 1st time something like this happened to an ex-athlete. Former Dallas Cowboys WR Hollywood Henderson won $28M in the Texas Lottery in 2000. FUKK my life!!!
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 05-19-20 at 02:31 PM.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    About to eat some humble pie calling Agent 0 a fraud. Had no idea California paid all winnings parimutuelly unlike all the other states that pay a fixed amount. Not that I feel that for him but he got screwed out of 700K cuz the other 2nd place winner from my state(NY) got the full $1M. Kind of staggering if you think about this: Odds of a high school player making the NBA are 3 in 10,000 & getting 5 numbers in Mega millions is 1 in 12,607,306(Divide that by the 5 games he played: comes out to 1 in 2,521,461.) Odds of both things happening to the same person gotta be in the trillions. Interestingly enough not the 1st time something like this happened to an ex-athlete. Former Dallas Cowboys WR Hollywood Henderson won $28M in the Texas Lottery in 2000. FUKK my life!!!
    What are the odds of somebody not making it to the store in time to play the lotto, but the store owner knows his numbers and plays them for that person, and then wins?

Gotta be pretty high

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    What are the odds of somebody not making it to the store in time to play the lotto, but the store owner knows his numbers and plays them for that person, and then wins?

Gotta be pretty high
    At 1st this story smelled fishier than the stench coming between Nancy Pelosi's legs but I'm starting to believe it. Considering he's a high profile athlete it was reported he was close enough to the gas station owner to just text him to play him those numbers. Unless you think Arenas decided to photoshop a fake ticket after noticing there was 1 second place winner in his state you might as well give him the benefit of the doubt.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

Gotta be pretty high
    Exactly. The story is bullshit

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The story is run on just about every sports news channel and website. Just google it.

Even the LA Times reported this story as being legit.. I don't think it's BS..https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...t-homeless-man

I don't think you could run this story without fact checking it when the story appears on just about every sports website like it has done now..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I'm not a fan of the guy Digs.. He's a border line thug with that locker room gun deal.

Hitting 5 numbers in order is the shits though!! Should have paid more the 300k if you ask me..

I use to play the California lotto, best I ever did was 3 numbers.. I'd only play on occasion when the jackpot was thru the roof..

7, 16, 27, 44, 52 and the mega ball 5

FACT CHECK COURTESY OF SBR TONY!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-20 at 06:25 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is broke Typical NBA guy squandering all his money

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I loved watching him play when he wasn't all wacked out. He was one of my favs.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

That guy was a hell of a shooter.

First 12