TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    So why is the US spending three times as much as both of them combined, just to be in a stale-mate?
    To keep everyone in check in all other Countries, make them really think twice about striking America.. Gotta have a stout military to be the world power.

Beefing up the military is never a bad idea..
    By this logic, there are no other world powers other than the US. You really believe China can never compete with the US as a world power until they triple their military spending?

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    ... That's how the US military wages "war" in this day and age.

The only thing it does is inflate the deficit and guarantee america will go bankrupt long before they achieve anything of value.

More than $12 trillion dollars lit on fire and burned on war in the middle east. With absolutely nothing to show for it.

There's nothing to brag about as far as the US military goes.

Its a giant money pit and corporate welfare program for lockheed martin and other defense contractors .....
    Would appear to be the case.

Apparently, over 700+ US military bases with over 250,000 personnel deployed worldwide...
    75 powerful nuclear submarines, 13,000 high tech military aircraft, and 19 massive carrier armadas.
    All totally useless against that which is RIGHT NOW causing real devastation to America: infectious/virulent disease
    (or any other future bio-warfare, and/or future cyber-warfare)
    In fact one carrier, the USS Theodore Roosevelt, is virtually out of commission as we speak because of it...an awesome (and VERY expensive!) military weapon brought to its knees without a single shot being fired toward it.

In my opinion,
    9/11 should have been a wakeup call to a NEW type of warfare.

It's a whole new ballgame, now.
    At a cost of only 15 brain-washed Saudi martyrs, look at the harm they caused to America.
    They didn't fire a single shot. No military weapons were used!
    America's massive tax-payer funded military budget, hardware and personnel were useless and could only stand by with the rest of us and watch in horror.

Today we live in the midst of yet another very crippling blow to our way of life.
    And far more devastating than 9/11...

Seriously, do you really believe those who may wish to hurt us aren't gleefully taking notes right now??!
    Hell, a skilled computer hacker (and don't fool yourself folks - there are THOUSANDS of those around the world!!) with enough time and resources, can penetrate the American power grids (they have already, according to US intelligence) and shutdown the entire eastern seaboard -- in the middle of a summer heatwave!!!! -- from the deck of a small pleasure craft off the Florida keys...or even with a laptop from a basement in buttphuck Wyoming...
    The resulting chaos, crime wave, and carnage would be catastrophic!!!
    How would the AWESOME US military prevent THAT harm being inflicted upon America?

Or, clever terrorists (perhaps homegrown!) setting FIRES to multi-millions of acres of forests all over the nation every summer. We would watch America burn helplessly each night on TV, as the fires engulf beloved parks, towns and even cities -- and the toxic smoke covers entire states for weeks...ARSON on any scale would be a frightening weapon of mass destruction...
    Or, terrorists attaching time-delayed bombs to disable hundreds of critical oil, gas, power, or water pipelines...
    Or, enemies using the internet with fake websites and various social platforms to provoke & incite racism, distrust in institutions, violent labor protests, and blue vs red or black vs white "social discord" with false & coercive rhetoric that divides and HARMS the country...
    Or, terrorists releasing invasive/harmful species into our eco-systems, or toxic algae and other bio-warfare into our fresh lakes and waterways that will require years and BILLIONS of tax-payer dollars to resolve, if it's even possible...
    Or, terrorist/enemies using small pleasure vessels off every coast - operating at night - to launch a handful of tiny, undetectable drones into large American population centers -- each smeared with AND carrying a pouch of air-borne/virulent bio-diseases that will spill on contact in local schoolyards, on popular public beaches, or in sports venues. Diseases just like COVID-19 -- which nobody would even know they have for at least a week...By then millions could be infected, sick and dying.
    Should we bury our heads in the sand and pretend any of this is just not plausible because - despite our collective arrogance - we have an AWESOME military not to be phucked with??!
    How does spending HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of tax-funded American dollars on more tanks, mobile rocket-launchers, 75 nuclear submarines, 19 carrier armadas and 700+ military bases worldwide (which actually serves to fuel ongoing international resentment toward the US) protect us from any of THAT??!

Yes, of course, a strong military presence is needed - not just for defense, but for deterrent!!
    I totally agree! NO QUESTION!

But, with rational analysis, even a 6th-grader can see that just a mere quarter of the military hardware and personnel we have now -- while always backed up by our awesome nuclear ICBM capability (in itself the ultimate deterrent and second to NONE!) and other missile defenses -- would still be waaaaaaaaaaaay more than enough required for effective defense and deterrent against ANY antagonist, on our shores or subduing aggression around the world.

The HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of tax-payer dollars saved annually could be better used to help rebuild a crumbling infrastructure, upscaling our domestic & int'l intel agencies and forging much stronger alliances with other countries, improving CYBER-defenses against any intrusions, and building redundancies into critical systems, like the power grids and infectious disease, fire, and disaster preparedness.
    Militarily we are vastly OVER-prepared for a threat that is unlikely to come....yet we are vastly UNDER-prepared for the real threats we are likely to face...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-wo...y-bases-2/5564
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave mezmurized2 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

#1 military? When was the last time us military won a war? My dad just said Grenada and I had to look that up.

Our military did such a great job in the 1st gulf war we had to do it again with similar poor results.

Jibby shouldn’t be allowed in this thread as he is too much of a pussy to actually enlist.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Grits n' Gravy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    #1 military? When was the last time us military won a war? My dad just said Grenada and I had to look that up.

Our military did such a great job in the 1st gulf war we had to do it again with similar poor results.

Jibby shouldn’t be allowed in this thread as he is too much of a pussy to actually enlist.

Grits why you always hating on Jibs???

I said I'd buy your home grown dime bag of weed when I see on the corner in the hood next go around..

Come on man!!!!

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

If any country wants to take world power,they will first eliminate Israel.Isreal is a kind of cyberspace for American military intelligence.Take out Israel and US is done.Till then let China and Russia keep dreaming

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post
    I agree that much (not all) of traditional military structure is outdated AND for the most part irrelevant.
    Missile batteries which can effectively take down ANY airborne targets (planes, drones or missiles) is arguably the most important as a defensive weapon. But if they can also be used for counterstrikes against land, sea, and airborne targets then little else is required before gaining control of a confrontation.
    HOWEVER,
    personally, I believe that because the US is so powerful with military hardware,
    that is NOT where future threats would ever come.
    We are witnessing right now (as are terrorists and other American enemies) HOW to effectively cause
    severe hardship on the US - but without engaging in combat.
    Bio-warfare.

Then too there is cyber-warfare!
    Whereby a press of a few keystrokes can disable wholesale American power grids.
    What would America be like without electricity for a week or two....or repeated episodes of total blackouts? Just think of the total chaos a& calamity of no lights at intersections, no electricity for refridgerators or computers, no subways, no television, the stock market effectively shut down, no lights or electronics for businesses, plus a 1000% rise in crime, LOOTING & violence every night.
    How devastating would that be to the economy and way of life?

And look at the catastrophes caused by raging forest fires each summer in California. Or Australia.
    DEVASTATING FIRES can be made to happen "anywhere" easily by determined terrorists.

The psychological and economic devastation of any of these would be hard to imagine and harder to endure.
    America's overwhelming (and VERY EXPENSIVE!!) military might would be virtually useless in any of these plausible situations. The USAs 19 carrier fleets, 13000 aircraft, and 75 nuclear submarines can't do a thing to prevent the aforementioned calamities, nor ease them once they occur! Useless, against that type of "guerrila warfare".....and all at a ridiculous cost...
    Sure, we can argue that of course America is fully capable of tit-for-tat!! No question.
    But the crippling damage to America will still have been achieved. And that's the point.
    We have far and away more to lose than the terrorists who would do us harm.
    And they know it...

Yes. Very good points. Asymetrical warfare. Guerrila warfare worked for the VC. Fight by other means. Perhaps, even, where they can't even track it back to you being the one or the country that caused the problem in the first place. China actually has the troops to Red Dawn us but how would they ever get them all here and on the ground anyway?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    As usuao, you forget the most important thing. NO Nation will use these weapons of mass destruction. You are very stupid.
    You can't even spell "usual". It appears you are the one that is stupeed. A nation already has used a weapon of mass destruction Mr. Stupeed. History repeats itself Mr. Stupeed. I didn't know you can predict the future so well Mr. Stupeed.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    in the full course of a war

from the very start , to the last battle cry heard
    your going to want Tanks
    im promising you this

your going to be happy you have 700 + tanks

All Germany had to do was hold off on their aggressive greedy tactics and keep building all of their super-weapons and they win the war without a doubt. They just pressed too fast. The Germans brought you everything that you have today in modern warfare. The same goes for Russia.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i can destroy every mother f'n one of these militaries with one decent biolab and a flock of these mother fukkers:

stick those tanks up your f'n ass, mother f'ers!!!!!!!!!!

A pet bat that is vaccinated might not be all that bad you know Donkey Kong. What do you think? And, may I ask, if you are elected Supreme Chancellor, can I be in charge of rounding up people like BidDaddyQH and putting him in a work camp?

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6883

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    You can't even spell "usual". It appears you are the one that is stupeed. A nation already has used a weapon of mass destruction Mr. Stupeed. History repeats itself Mr. Stupeed. I didn't know you can predict the future so well Mr. Stupeed.
    You were a big proponent of fire hoses and German Shepherds in the 1960's civil rights battles. Good thing they * the "N" word or you would have been bounced from here yesterday.

Coeur d'Alene is nice this time of year and I hear they are having a Goebbels/Himler look a like contest so follow your heroes and get lost. Surprised the site puts up with hateful losers like you who worship Nazi war criminals

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

By this logic, there are no other world powers other than the US. You really believe China can never compete with the US as a world power until they triple their military spending?
    China competes and blows away America and Russia with cheap trade. World depends on China and have us all by the balls..

China really is the world power today economically now.. They have factory workers working for pennies and making products the world needs for pennies on the dollar.. China exploits cheap labor like no other Country..

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

China competes and blows away America and Russia with cheap trade. World depends on China and have us all by the balls..

China really is the world power today economically now.. They have factory workers working for pennies and making products the world needs for pennies on the dollar.. China exploits cheap labor like no other Country..
    You're contradicting yourself. First you say spending so many more trillions on the military than anyone else is the only way the US can be a super power. Then you say China can also be a super power by spending much less on the military and putting their resources into trade and the economy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You're contradicting yourself. First you say spending so many more trillions on the military than anyone else is the only way the US can be a super power. Then you say China can also be a super power by spending much less on the military and putting their resources into trade and the economy.
    Only thing I ever said is we need to start making stuff here in America and not relying on China for meds and every cheap auto or tech part. If we have to pay a little more then so be it!!!

MADE IN AMERICA!!! Europe should do the same.. That will punish China for giving us Corona.. The world economy needs TO STOP buying from CHINA!!!!

That's all I care about..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    [IMG]58c97deb6ad50a37008b50e6[/IMG]
    inaccurate list

How is france uk and japan higher ranked than Turkey, the 2nd largest army in NATO? lol Italy higher ranked than South Korea. They are on the brink of war for decades with the North.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    inaccurate list

How is france uk and japan higher ranked than Turkey, the 2nd largest army in NATO? lol Italy higher ranked than South Korea. They are on the brink of war for decades with the North.
    France and UK have nukes.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Yes. Very good points. Asymetrical warfare. Guerrila warfare worked for the VC.

American soldiers hands were tied in vietnam. The rules of engagement gave the VC a distinct advantage.

Ditto with "fighting terrorism" in the middle east. There never was a concise or feasible gameplan for how to handle things, rebuild iraq or achieve any of the goals announced by politicians. American soldiers occupied afghanistan making all of the same mistakes russians made when they tried to takeover the country. Drone strike collateral damage on innocents generated record high recruitment for terrorist groups like ISIS.

The only time american troop hands were untied over the past 50+ years is when Trump took office.

End result: ISIS became WASWAS, 10-20 years quicker than experts predicted it was possible.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 04-17-20 at 08:25 PM.

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

inaccurate list

Turkey? LMAO Syria was giving turkey a run for its money last year. Turkey is garbage.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    American soldiers hands were tied in vietnam. The rules of engagement gave the VC a distinct advantage.

Ditto with "fighting terrorism" in the middle east. There never was a concise or feasible gameplan for how to handle things, rebuild iraq or achieve any of the goals announced by politicians. American soldiers occupied afghanistan making all of the same mistakes russians made when they tried to takeover the country. Drone strike collateral damage on innocents generated record high recruitment for terrorist groups like ISIS.

The only time american troop hands were untied over the past 50+ years is when Trump took office.

End result: ISIS became WASWAS, 10-20 years quicker than experts predicted it was possible.

That's true. The villagers were the big problem because (some were VC) they had arms stashed and blended in with the rest. That's what made the VC so difficult to fight too.

And anyone that knows my posts and has read me enough knows I'm not a Nazi war criminal. LOL. Not referring to you here Sanity on that.

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO

That's true. The villagers were the big problem because (some were VC) they had arms stashed and blended in with the rest. That's what made the VC so difficult to fight too.

And anyone that knows my posts and has read me enough knows I'm not a Nazi war criminal. LOL. Not referring to you here Sanity on that.
    Yeah, you are right about that, you would be close to 100 years old, you were just born in the wrong decade or you would be right there with them.. Nah, you only look up to Nazi war criminals as heroes, you have stated as much in previous posts. Your avatar is a pic of the architect of the Holocaust. You brag on the actions of Heydrich and Himmler.

You posted the following pic in a previous post in March:

You casually use the "N" word in your posts. Here is some of your work, a post from yesterday:

A fight, a fight, a ---------- and a white.

Yeah, you are a real asset to this site.
    I am surprised the mods haven't booted your ass, you should be gone

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I used to read the news a lot.

There are stories published about coca cola employees in south america being assassinated to prevent workers from forming unions. The sea salt industry in south korea using slave labor. Foxconn china running worker concentration camps near to slave labor. Dubai real estate being built with slave labor. The pet food industry using slave labor on some of its outsourced fishing vessels. Illegal immigrants being used to cleanup the 9/11 world trade center rubble. Illegal immigrants being paid $4 an hour to clean walmart stores. Indentured servants in haiti being like slaves.

There's so much illicit stuff happening everywhere *I* used to get angry about.

Until I realized no one *cares* if the ipod in their hand was made by child labor in china, the clothes they're wearing being made in sweatshops and the coca cola beverage in their hand being a product of assassinations in south america intended to prevent workers from unionizing. With many common household products ranging from cat food to salt people season their dinner with being products of slave labor.

Your avatar is some dead guy I couldn't care less about btw. If people care about that I would ask that they try to learn from the history and prevent similar things from happening in the future.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by dustyy View Post
    Yeah, you are right about that, you would be close to 100 years old, you were just born in the wrong decade or you would be right there with them.. Nah, you only look up to Nazi war criminals as heroes, you have stated as much in previous posts. Your avatar is a pic of the architect of the Holocaust. You brag on the actions of Heydrich and Himmler.

You casually use the "N" word in your posts. Here is some of your work, a post from yesterday:

Sorry pal, can you see the irony/ hypocrisy? Probably not, since you wrote this. You are a rump supporter who is pretty much a POS like the nazi's were.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

#25 N Korea only spends 7.5 billion. Seems they got a lot of stuff for so little.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Omg

so America’s airforce and naval fleet are pretty much useless in a future war

is this what I’ve learned from you today ?
    when we lose this current war, and we will (think loss of civil rights/no baseball/March Madness)
    you will be among the surprised

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

way I read it, he breaks balls on the dumb-fukk populace that is the USA is all

I do that too though, ban me w/ him asshole

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

How is it that Russia and China only have 1 aircraft carrier each?Is this possible

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    How is it that Russia and China only have 1 aircraft carrier each?Is this possible
    Russia calls aircraft carriers a dead lil cities and waist of money . A lil bomb sink the carrier and 5000 seamen with it .
    Last edited by Hot Jerry; 04-18-20 at 09:39 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    France and UK have nukes.
    So does Pakistan

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Sorry pal, can you see the irony/ hypocrisy? Probably not, since you wrote this. You are a rump supporter who is pretty much a POS like the nazi's were.
    So let me get this straight. I call out a poster for his blatant comments about bigotry and racism and because I vote for a different candidate than you, I am a pos Nazi? Do you realize how fukking narrow minded that comment is?

Free your mind dude, not everyone who disagrees with you politically is a hate monger. Bitter and angry is no way to go through life, it is poisoning your thought process.

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    way I read it, he breaks balls on the dumb-fukk populace that is the USA is all

I do that too though, ban me w/ him asshole

Based on your posts, you are one of the most unstable, tortured individuals on this site so I really have nothing negative to say to you. I only hope your situation improves

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Beefing up the military is never a bad idea..

The US military spending is mostly aimed to make sure that no one takes the first step. More like a defensive dissuasion. Russia, China, Guatemala -whatever- will hardly launch an attack -any kind of attack- against the US, if that means their own destruction.
    So, let's keep things that way. A well armed military. With an attitude.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Luv2Play2

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    The US military spending is mostly aimed to make sure that no one takes the first step. More like a defensive dissuasion. Russia, China, Guatemala -whatever- will hardly launch an attack -any kind of attack- against the US, if that means their own destruction.
    Does Guatemala have a 35 trillion deficit?
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Does Guatemala have a 35 trillion deficit?
    that makes no sense

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

So let me get this straight. I call out a poster for his blatant comments about bigotry and racism and because I vote for a different candidate than you, I am a pos Nazi? Do you realize how fukking narrow minded that comment is?

Free your mind dude, not everyone who disagrees with you politically is a hate monger. Bitter and angry is no way to go through life, it is poisoning your thought process.
    Yep, that about sums it up. Don't call the kettle black while being the pot.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

How is france uk and japan higher ranked than Turkey, the 2nd largest army in NATO? lol Italy higher ranked than South Korea.
    France also has the largest stockpile of white flags.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    Exactly!!! You get it and understand!!

First 12345 Last