capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

NFL news on season starting

The NFL is operating as if it will be good to go for the start 2020 season in September, despite the current COVID-19 pandemic.

But planning and hoping won’t make it so without widespread testing, per Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer.

Sills, who is spearheading the league’s response to the new coronavirus pandemic, told NFL.COM that widespread testing would have to be available before the re-opening of the league could be contemplated.

“I would say that’s everyone’s hope, that we are in a position to do that,” Sills said of the league’s focus on playing a full 16-game regular season. “But the reality is none of us know those facts for certain right now. We hope and pray for the best and prepare for the worst, realizing that is one potential outcome that we will be back fully in business playing games as normal in front of fans on schedule. But it’s certainly not the only outcome.

“And I think what was implied there was to say we are not at a point where we are saying that is absolutely not going to happen so we should continue our planning and preparations as if we’re going to be able to do that. But obviously we’re going to have to evaluate that along the way. And follow what the recommendations are from public health officials and from our infectious disease experts and others.”

If the NFL doesn’t return in September that means that college football would also not return and rest assured that the NBA, NHL and MLB seasons, which are on delay, could face the increased likelihood that those seasons would be canceled.

Sills says the widespread availability of point-of-care testing, which means a test could be administered and the results returned quickly, is essential before teams can report to their respective facilities.​

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Not happening

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

there will be football Nfl in some capacity I think in 2020 with no fans at somepoint. But something im excited about beginning Mon and for 17 straight days they are replying the red zone on there channel starting on Monday!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Think I can get a refund on my PSL and season tickets???

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Think I can get a refund on my PSL and season tickets???
    I was wondering same thing. Guessing we get future credit.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

My season ticket invoice is due 5/1. I’m thinking I might postpone that shit.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

5 months to go. Let's wait and see

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We need it

It is where we all make our money

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We need it

It is where we all make our money
    Post your spreadsheet baldy. The only time you make money is now when there is nothing to bet.