VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Rich Hill, MLB free agent, and wife Caitlin arrested at Gillette Stadium

Rich Hill, MLB free agent, and wife Caitlin arrested at Gillette Stadium ahead of Bills-Patriots game

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/r...ts-bills-game/

MLB free agent Rich Hill, who spent the last three seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers, and his wife Caitlin Hill were arrested outside Gillette Stadium on Saturday ahead of the New England Patriots home game against the Buffalo Bills, according to the Boston Globe. Caitlin Hill was charged with disorderly conduct and trespassing after reportedly attempting to enter the stadium with a large bag, which is against Gillette Stadium and NFL safety policy, and refusing to leave when instructed to.

Foxborough, Massachusetts, police said she tried to enter the stadium through other gates after being told her bag was too large to bring into the stadium. At Gillette Stadium, bags can only be wallet size or need to be see-through in order for fans to get it through security and take it into the stadium with them. There is no place to check oversized bags.

Rich Hill, who pitched for the Boston Red Sox from 2010 to 2012, allegedly interfered with police as they were attempting to take his wife into custody. As a result, he was then charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Prosecutors have since said the charges are now civil infractions and the charge of resisting arrest against Rich Hill has been dismissed.

The Red Sox are reportedly one of the teams interested in signing Rich Hill for 2020. They couple currently resides in Milton, Massachusetts, where Rich Hill was born and raised. He is set to receive the 2019 Tony Conigliaro Award at the annual Boston Baseball Writers Dinner on Jan. 16 in Boston, an award given to a "major leaguer who has overcome adversity through the attributes of spirit, determination, and courage that were trademarks of Tony C," according to CBS Boston.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both seem
    Like drunks

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Naw, he actually is a great guy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We had to go back to the car and lock my wife's bag in the trunk at the Benz in Atlanta. They don't allow bags unless they are see through.

Bostongambler

Rich Hill will be forever grateful that his car wouldn’t start one cold winter night five years ago in Boston.

It allowed the now-Dodgers pitcher and his wife, Caitlin, some unexpected extra time with their newborn son, Brooks, who died less than two months later.

Hill shared the anecdote and several others in his touching essay, “I Want to Talk about My Son Brooks,” published Tuesday on the Players’ Tribune. Before they had any idea about the serious medical issues the infant was facing, doctors informed Hill and his wife that they wanted to keep Brooks in the hospital’s special-care nursery to work on his feeding techniques.

Bostongambler

They advised the couple to go home and get some rest after a long couple of days. Reluctantly, the two parents agreed, deciding it would be a good opportunity to check on their other young son, Brice, who was staying with family.

But they didn’t get any farther than the parking lot.

‘No matter how many times I tried, or how much I leaned into that key-turn with my shoulder, the car just totally wouldn’t start,’ Hill wrote. “So Caitlin and I — teeth-chattering and hands shivering — trudged back inside the hospital.

“Back to Brooks. …

Bostongambler

“We smiled and laughed and took some really cute pictures, and just enjoyed being all together for a few more hours.”

Days later, doctors discovered Brooks had a rare genetic brain malformation called Lissencephaly. Soon after, Hill and his wife learned their baby was experiencing kidney failure and other issues. The family of four spent as much time as they could together in the following weeks. Hill describes holding his infant son while quietly singing, “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.”

“When I held him in my arms and sang that song to him, I truly believe that Baby Brooks felt the boundless, never-ending love I have for him in my heart,” Hill wrote.

Bostongambler

Brooks died on Feb. 24, 2014. In his essay, Hill wrote that he cherishes every precious moment he was able to spend with his son — including that one night when his car wouldn’t start.

“Thinking about it now, it was almost like we were being told in that moment to stay by our son’s side and spend all the time we could with him,” Hill wrote.

“Five years later, it’s safe to say that I’ve never been more grateful for car trouble in my entire life.”