homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    You sure u watched the game?? 33-13 at half 600 yds of offense for the game and Alabama scored a long td with a minute left. Game wasn’t that close.
    football is a 60 min game yeah? you have to bell till the final gun. that game has nothing to do with this one. but OU will miss their edge rusher perkins a lot in this game. it will hurt them.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

If LSU gets into a shootout with Oklahoma they will lose. The probability of this happening might be a little better without Helaire.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

QB will not get them there

Erratic
    At times

Okl
    No defense

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

As likely as Trump getting thrown out of office— not a chance in hell

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    teams been overvalued all year. still trying to wrap my head around them making it in over Bama and Oregon. easy to look at record while disregarding strength of schedule. shits a joke really.
    CONSIDERING Alabama in the playoffs would be a joke.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    As likely as Trump getting thrown out of office— not a chance in hell
    burrow takes a hit on the head or knee and all of a sudden OU is favored to win in Live Betting

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

A good shot? No, but they aren’t dead in the water.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

In case nobody clicked Pavy's link here are the basics...

No. 4 Oklahoma will reportedly be without a couple of key contributors in the Peach Bowl against No. 1 LSU.

According to Rivals’ Sooner Scoop, WR Trejan Bridges, DL Ronnie Perkins and RB Rhamondre Stevenson will be suspended for the playoff semifinal. It’s currently unclear as to why the players would be suspended for the game.

Perkins is Oklahoma’s most impactful defensive lineman. He has a team-leading six sacks and 13.5 tackles for loss in 2019 and ranks seventh on the team in tackles. Only LB Kenneth Murray has more tackles for loss than Perkins...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blowout

Oklahoma no discipline

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Turns out the Oklahoma guys were suspended for weed offenses. They could appeal witin 48 hours.

LMAO.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    In case nobody clicked Pavy's link here are the basics...

That's why I never bet bowls early. I wait until a few hours before games start. Who knows who else is going to suspended or sit out for the game?
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    That's why I never bet bowls early. I wait until a few hours before games start. Who knows who else is going to suspended or sit out for the game?
    Yeah, and the list of players just sitting out to not risk injury and get ready for the combine is growing.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The loss of Perkins means that the LSU offense will have a field day against one of the worst defensive teams in the bowl games, much less the playoffs. LSU should be able to score at will against a porous OU defense minus it's best player.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

I think they have a real chance to win the 1st half

Can maybe even get +10 by game time

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Me Jalen hurts is a good qb.
    His turnovers are concerning imo. If he protects the ball I think it be somewhat close, he turns it over and it will get away from them fast cause I don’t see many defensive stops in this game. These semifinal playoff games have not been close very often.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The loss of Perkins means that the LSU offense will have a field day against one of the worst defensive teams in the bowl games, much less the playoffs. LSU should be able to score at will against a porous OU defense minus it's best player.
    Their best defensive player is a linebacker who still playing. Funny you think that end was gonna change anything. How many points does a “expert” such as yourself think a DE is worth??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    i give up. people see what they want i guess. ou d ranks higher than lsu...and ou plays against better offensive teams in the big 12 for sure. ou d was better against texas than lsu was. the lsu d sucks just as bad...if not worse...than the ou d. if u r making a point for lsu...d should have nothing to do with it. the 2 best o's in the country against 2 average d's. i think lsu has more on o and will pull this out. please stop with the last year cry of "no d" tho. clemson and ohio state have d's. lsu and oklahoma do not.
    I think there several reasons the Texas game isn’t a good way to compare the 2 defenses. The biggest being that teams in conf know each other much better therefore tend to have better defensive game plans against conf rival.

I agree neither defense is good but my concern for the Sooners is hurts turning the ball over and their own inability to force them. When you got a game that looks to be a shootout with very few stops turnovers be even more paramount and Hurts a little loose with the ball for my taste.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Shut up you clown

MN beats a 10 win PSU team but you like ASU or Oregon State better?

Re-read my post, I suggested the 4th team be a change of pace from a defense conference.

We've seen Oklahoma week in and week out, they don't play defense.
    Minnesota defense was freaking carved in the snow by a wiscy team we didn’t even know could pass bro!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    they may do that. certainly have the best o in the country. i think ou shows up and keeps it close for a while. maybe a shot at a cover...but winning outright is not likely.
    I think sooners best defense would be playing keep away w their offense but every time LSU gets the ball I expect they score. I like sooners to be able to hang at least 31 tho, so i do think LSU will have to post a huge score to cover, thing is LSU getting well into the 40s seems kinda likely to me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    You sure u watched the game?? 33-13 at half 600 yds of offense for the game and Alabama scored a long td with a minute left. Game wasn’t that close.
    One could certainly argue the reverse and say if they correctly called that LSU player out of bounds near goal line the end of 1st half doesn’t steamroll on bama and it much closer at halftime and they very well coulda won. I understand saying it wasn’t as close as score in a sense, just feel like a good argument could be made without that horrific call LSU doesn’t get a td there, Tua doesn’t throw pick on ensuing drive and the game doesn’t get away from them. Fair?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Dumb ass suspensions.

Not sure about the back up but I'm not about to credit a system for Oklahoma defense to pull through here and stabilize the spread.

It's a big loss on defense for sure, he was a factor.

Will move this line to two touchdowns, and maybe a hook with public reaction, before it's all said and done.

2daBank

Dumb ass suspensions.

Not sure about the back up but I'm not about to credit a system for Oklahoma defense to pull through here and stabilize the spread.

It's a big loss on defense for sure, he was a factor.

Will move this line to two touchdowns, and maybe a hook with public reaction, before it's all said and done.
    I’d argue even if he valuable he not as valuable as the move if it in fact gets to 14.5: I honestly didn’t expect sooners to get any stops anyways. Really think it comes down to hurts not turning it over and the offenses ability to maybe play a little keep away while also matching score for score. The rb that got the boot while a backup was def a interesting piece they losing as well.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’d argue even if he valuable he not as valuable as the move if it in fact gets to 14.5: I honestly didn’t expect sooners to get any stops anyways. Really think it comes down to hurts not turning it over and the offenses ability to maybe play a little keep away while also matching score for score. The rb that got the boot while a backup was def a interesting piece they losing as well.
    I agree about 14.5, that's why I mentioned with public reaction. It's tough enough to put it on 14, but to take it off to 14.5 even tougher for sure.

I try not to be a fan, but I sort of have a thing for Jalen Hurts, he's pretty good. He's a gamer. Tough to give a gamer two TD's.

They have to stop LSU though and they can use all the outright defensive talent they can get.

Slightly off topic but it sure seems like the future is looking brighter for the NFL when it comes to QB's. Will be nice if some of these guys can do it at the next level...the NFL could use the young talent as the current younger good QB's grow into the league.

2daBank

I agree about 14.5, that's why I mentioned with public reaction. It's tough enough to put it on 14, but to take it off to 14.5 even tougher for sure.

I try not to be a fan, but I sort of have a thing for Jalen Hurts, he's pretty good. He's a gamer. Tough to give a gamer two TD's.

They have to stop LSU though and they can use all the outright defensive talent they can get.

Slightly off topic but it sure seems like the future is looking brighter for the NFL when it comes to QB's. Will be nice if some of these guys can do it at the next level.

As I’ve mentioned a few times my concern w Hurts his propensity to turn it over, that will be the kiss of death that would turn this game into a blowout imo.

Qb future def looks bright, I might be in minority but I have some doubts on burrow at next level. Not like all the hate I threw at faker bayfield by any stretch. Just not sure he the kind of talent that can pull a crap ass franchise like the bungals out the gutter? I think if you put him on a solid team surrounded by talent he be very Kurt cousins like but maybe more prone to shine in big games not shrink. I think that kinda fair. Imo He be much better off if he went to mia where I think they have the right coach in place and lot of draft picks.

I have no clue on the Oregon kid. Probably serviceable but nowhere close to generational. Of course it has gotten so easy to play qb at the nfl level with all the stupid rule changes I doubt any of them fail miserably.

Tua my favorite but obviously the injury concerns are real. Who knows if he ever be same with the hip?? Not to mention his apparently weak ankles.

I think the best generational talent of the bunch still has another year and at least one more championship if not 2 to win at Clemson! Lawrence to me the most talented of them all. We shall see!!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

This guy will carve up that D. LSU by 10+

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

I still believe sooners stay within 14.5

Cameroni
    Cameroni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great info. I am a Texas fan and believe OU has no chance at beating LSU. I expect LSU to win it all. They have made me so much money this year and it won't stop until they are national champs. Lay your heart down and play with your business hat on. You will thank the responders.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Quote Originally Posted by Cameroni View Post
    Great info. I am a Texas fan and believe OU has no chance at beating LSU. I expect LSU to win it all. They have made me so much money this year and it won't stop until they are national champs. Lay your heart down and play with your business hat on. You will thank the responders.
    I got clemson winning it all. I feel they are the more complete team and defense better than lsu

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I still believe sooners stay within 14.5
    I damn sure wouldn’t lay 14.5. Haven’t decided if I’ll take it either. Wouldn’t bother me to pass, see how I feel day of. Lol
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Oklahoma +14
    Oklahoma ML +420 (seems like a good number in support of those suspended)

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cameroni View Post
    U are a texas fan so u hate OU right?

In other words: biased

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

The 0u defense is only better this year, because the DB's hang on receivers all the way down the field. The BIG 12 refs let them get away with murder, being the flagship program. They will get flagged in this game, if they can even get their hands on the LSU WR's . 0u is going to get LIT. Also funny how 0u's guys don't fail a drug test all year, and the NCAA tests them and half the team fails ! Lincoln Riley running a really loose ship.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Okieirish View Post
    The 0u defense is only better this year, because the DB's hang on receivers all the way down the field. The BIG 12 refs let them get away with murder, being the flagship program. They will get flagged in this game, if they can even get their hands on the LSU WR's . 0u is going to get LIT. Also funny how 0u's guys don't fail a drug test all year, and the NCAA tests them and half the team fails ! Lincoln Riley running a really loose ship.
    so the Sooners just became the flagship program in the B12 this year, not prior years? they are getting preferential treatment only this year all of a sudden?

new DC alex grinch has nothing to do with the improvement?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Texas has even worse defense than Oklahoma and when the dust settled, they only lost by 7

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Texas has even worse defense than Oklahoma and when the dust settled, they only lost by 7
    That was forever ago man. Early October. Wana talk about the difficulties LSU had on D vs like 5 or 6 teams?

I think the long layoff might hurt the timing between Burrow and his WRs. Might help Jalen hurts as he's more mobile and gets things done on broken plays.

First 123 Last