homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Nina it's tough to know if Golding was the issue or simply youth. What about last year's pounding at the hands of Clemson? I think bama nation might be looking for a scapegoat.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Nina it's tough to know if Golding was the issue or simply youth. What about last year's pounding at the hands of Clemson? I think bama nation might be looking for a scapegoat.
    I think that youth and inexperience had a lot to do with Bama's not as dominating defense this year. The injuries to those in leadership positions before the season started hurt a lot, as well as all the early departures for the NFL. Case in point, this year McKinney was the one out there calling the defensive sets. Typically with Saban, the MLB is the one doing that but that was a freshman so it ended up falling on McKinney.

The Bama defense was good but not as dominating as typically associated with Saban. At times, the defense looked confused. So I don't know if that is Golding or just lack of experience. I am happy to have Sal Sunseri back as I have seen his work in teams earlier in the decade.

Have you had a chance to look Saturdays Down South Alabama defensive team of the decade? And offensive team? It is mind boggling. Go look if you haven't yet.

First 12