Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Good question

They shouldn't be but they are

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

It’s just entertainment. And people are entertained and it’s billion dollar industry.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Because we are all bored and need something for entertainment. Once you get married with kids it becomes a divergence from the monotony of life lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

exactly. same reason people watch movies. entertainment and to see the stars. sports have a plot, beginning, an ending, and a winner at the end usually. (people hate ties).

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Only important because of gambling

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

In my case. I dont drink, dont smoke, dont golf, dont play cards. But I watch football non stop
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

It's what most of us love and do in life outside of working.. We also love sports gambling, it's called being human!!!

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Because it fills a void, an empty place, whether anyone on here wants to drop their ego and admit it or not.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

No life without sports.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MrSink

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

I'm sure a lot of you that have M-F jobs, the depression starts to kick in after the 2nd wave of games on Sunday knowing that reality is right back around the corner.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    In my case. I dont drink, dont smoke, dont golf, dont play cards. But I watch football non stop
    Same here. I am either attending games or watching them on TV.

Otto - sports are not important, they are a distraction. They are a reminder for most of us what it was like to compete and be in shape even though we are doughy and sloppy now.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Starting this upcoming week we have football all 7 days the rest of the season.

Gotta bet EVERY game during the week.
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave funnyb25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The highest paid public employee in 44 States is a college Football or Basketball coach.

Sports allow people to be entertained, takes their eyes off the public servants raping our treasury. Think Gladiator- sports are a way for government workers and contractors to line their pockets thru infrastructure, self dealing or contract relations.
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave MinnesotaFats 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Life without sports - there would be more crime, division in race, and more people with vices in life.. That's what I think..

Thank God for sports I say!!! Keeps you fit if you are young, keeps you engaged and gambling when old.. ...
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Ya. Imagine the NFL organization with only white guys....would be unwatchable....

Ya. Imagine the NFL organization with only black guys....we would have teams traveling to Fargo, North Dakota looking for Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Ok. Makes sense. Just seems crazy that so much rides on inches of a ball or bat

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Sports make your adreline rush, it is a drug, but gambling on sports is a new level, after I started to bet I can not see a game if I don't have a bet on it is so boring.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Ok. Makes sense. Just seems crazy that so much rides on inches of a ball or bat
    Glad we could help Otters

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    Sports make your adreline rush, it is a drug, but gambling on sports is a new level, after I started to bet I can not see a game if I don't have a bet on it is so boring.
    You've been polluted and tainted now.. Welcome to SBR and all it's posters.. We all have been Devirginized..... So much for the love of sports and teams.. We only root for who we bet on.. Nature of the GAMBLING beast..

Still fun though when winning the bet when watching no matter what team you bet on.. ..

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It's because our lives are bankrupt from any true meaning. Gambling is one of the only interesting activities the average joe can participate in. Slave culture

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    It's because our lives are bankrupt from any true meaning. Gambling is one of the only interesting activities the average joe can participate in. Slave culture
    Sinner you can learn spanish or take up arts and crafts!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Married people and the most successful people in life still enjoy sports and gamble on it, don't be fooled..

Maybe it fills a void or maybe they just enjoy it like me.. Something to do and try and beat the odds.. A challenge more then anything else..

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Married people and the most successful people in life still enjoy sports and gamble on it, don't be fooled..

Maybe it fills a void or maybe they just enjoy it like me.. Something to do and try and beat the odds.. A challenge more then anything else..
    Marriage would create more of a void. It is an illusion to fil the void, but most married people are not happy about it.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Otter - some of us love this sports shit whether we have a dollar on it or not. Kobe said it best though. he said sports is the best metaphor for life. its a constant journey. they'll be playing football/basketball/baseball until the year 3029. thats exactly why we should appreciate the guys that are doing it and doing it well in our era. how can you not be in awe after watching Lamar Jackson? we must learn to appreciate it all or else none of it matters. break the matrix.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The highest paid public employee in 44 States is a college Football or Basketball coach.

Sports allow people to be entertained, takes their eyes off the public servants raping our treasury. Think Gladiator- sports are a way for government workers and contractors to line their pockets thru infrastructure, self dealing or contract relations.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Marriage would create more of a void. It is an illusion to fil the void, but most married people are not happy about it.
    That's a completely different subject Funny!!!.. I thought this thread was about gambling no?

Yes the divorce rate is at a 50 percent average where I live or more. THE BIG CITY!!! Look at the elites and the hollyweird celebs they never stay married to long.. They are absent of faith and that's the problem if you wanna go deep into it.. Looks fade in life and so does relationships based on money only...

That's keeping it real.. Better be best friends first and have some kind of faith and loyalty if you want marriages to last these days in the big cities.. Move to a farm in the middle of no where you may have a chance to survive and grow old together, you're just not tempted as much to stray. That's my take anyways in that category of life and marriage..

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

They aren't.

ApricotSinner32

If the divorce rate is 50% imagine the rate of people who stay together because they have no courage to end it even if they are miserable. Marriage is a massive meme the only person you can rely on to find peace and happiness is yourself.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

If the divorce rate is 50% imagine the rate of people who stay together because they have no courage to end it even if they are miserable. Marriage is a massive meme the only person you can rely on to find peace and happiness is yourself.
    Sounds like selfishness to me.

Most get divorced with this attitude.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Girls love the bodies and fantasize. Guys fantasize about being an athlete. Drama as well. Storylines.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

the older you get the less you give a sht . its just bet the numbbers youl see.. gl

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Sports is a tool, used by those few who rule the world. To keep you distracted, to keep you from the truth.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Sports is a tool, used by those few who rule the world. To keep you distracted, to keep you from the truth.
    What's the truth?

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Sounds like selfishness to me.

Most get divorced with this attitude.
    Being selfish should not be considered a negative trait. It's not like I have a wife and a family. Single people are free to be as selfish as they'd like to be. Anyone who pretends to not be selfish make me chuckle. You're either selfish or a cuck take your pic

12 Last