Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Earl Campbell says Texas can only win with a black quarterback

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the last black QB to win a super bowl was in 1989 unless you count Russel Wilson

never heard of Earl but he sounds like prejudice

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

A black QB that can throw.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Kind of dissapointed in Earl going this route. Bum taught him better than that.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Mr KLC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Ehlinger is a bad ass. Earl is stupid. Maybe if horns black cornerbacks could cover someone they would be tough to beat.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    You never heard of Earl Campbell...

Campbell took a lot of head shots. He's in bad physical shape, so I'll chalk this up to a bit of dementia. Or maybe he was taken out of context. You can't really trust everything you read. He also might have been pointing out that UT should get more diversity in QBs and perhaps head coaches. They ran Charlie Strong out of town and really haven't been worth a shit since VY. I've heard rumblings that Texas chancellors, boosters (the big ones) and folks with power are old school, lets have white faces in the program. Who the hell knows?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

first met Earl back in law school, down on sixth street when he was first contemplating getting into the sausage business.... he was already suffering dementia at that time, decades ago, due to the pounding he gave/took on the gridiron..... each subsequent time I talked with earl, usually in austin down on sixth street, he was getting progressively worse.....

clear now he's completely off his rocker....

still love the guy.....

''

definitely my favorite football player of all time....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Campbell took a lot of head shots. He's in bad physical shape, so I'll chalk this up to a bit of dementia. Or maybe he was taken out of context. You can't really trust everything you read. He also might have been pointing out that UT should get more diversity in QBs and perhaps head coaches. They ran Charlie Strong out of town and really haven't been worth a shit since VY. I've heard rumblings that Texas chancellors, boosters (the big ones) and folks with power are old school, lets have white faces in the program. Who the hell knows?
    Strong sucked, they in much better shape now. Defense just got depleted by injuries this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Well it's a good thing he said nothing against Elhinger before he basically called him worthless and went completely racial.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Strong sucked, they in much better shape now. Defense just got depleted by injuries this year.
    Yes he sucked but did he really have a chance? Their top booster said he should be waiting on tables the minute he got off the airplane.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Clemson won it all last year. What color is their qb?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    first met Earl back in law school, down on sixth street when he was first contemplating getting into the sausage business.... he was already suffering dementia at that time, decades ago, due to the pounding he gave/took on the gridiron..... each subsequent time I talked with earl, usually in austin down on sixth street, he was getting progressively worse.....

clear now he's completely off his rocker....

still love the guy.....

''

definitely my favorite football player of all time....

2daBank

Yes he sucked but did he really have a chance? Their top booster said he should be waiting on tables the minute he got off the airplane.
    Maybe not but don’t think there any argument Herman is significantly better. Nothing to do w race.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Well it's a good thing he said nothing against Elhinger before he basically called him worthless and went completely racial.
    Ehlinger is single handedly winning them the Games they winning and keeping them in others. Without him they prob have 2 wins.

Redlily5150
    Redlily5150's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn’t this surface about 3 years ago.
    I’m pretty sure it did. Maybe it’s not his first time saying this. I like a black QB
    throws a nice spiral

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Redlily5150 View Post
    Didn’t this surface about 3 years ago.
    I’m pretty sure it did. Maybe it’s not his first time saying this. I like a black QB
    throws a nice spiral
    I like a good qb, don’t much care what color he is, and ehlinger is pretty damn good. Not his fault they can’t stop a nose bleed.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

too many hits to the head

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

It never stops

So white guys will argue against that and in turn piss off regular black guys

Cycle continues

Just ignore him so we can all get along

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    It never stops

So white guys will argue against that and in turn piss off regular black guys

Cycle continues

Just ignore him so we can all get along
    I have no problem w black QBs, just don’t see what wrong w the qb they currently have? Other than fact he white apparently, lol.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    looks like a bobbywaves, vitterd, seeweed and dante wet dream......

they love total sausage fests.....

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9035

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the last black QB to win a super bowl was in 1989 unless you count Russel Wilson

Why would you not count Wilson?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Ehlinger is a bad ass. Earl is stupid. Maybe if horns black cornerbacks could cover someone they would be tough to beat.

Ehlinger was an after thought. While i don't believe the qb has to be black...he needs to have a strong arm with the ability to run. A dan jones or that type of qb. I was proud that texas took a chance on charlie strong. Watched him coach many times at u of l and thought he could take us to the next level. But in Texas, the high school coach is king. Unless you make them an integral part of the university or woo them. They are going to send recruits away. Coach strong is a reserved man and was not one of his strong points. I was even happier that herman took over. (o.s.u lost a lot when he left the university) (just like the big tuna wasn't shit without bellichek) Ehlinger came in early an while he is adequate... he is not the athlete we need. usually takes 3 yrs to get people into your system. When mack brown was coach the team was soft. They were always in trouble when they played a physical team. Strong changed that a little bit but until herman gets a better qb they will always be an after thought to oklahoma. Not to dig on qb. e but he is just a better version of colt mccoy. (i hate colt and his puzzy ass father.)
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave chico2663 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Redlily5150

I don’t think most normal people understand what really makes a great NFL QB. I was a fan of Christian Ponder then also Chase Daniel. Daniel stuck around in the league. Such a waste of time in my opinion to judge these guys. There’s only 1 champion each year. Ponders time in the league was hilarious.

Redlily5150

Ehlinger has no chance. I’d rather have Mayfield. Least he’s good looking.
    Say Chargers draft ehlinger. You got to be a real fukkin bad ass. He’s like a hockey goalie or something. Don’t waste your breathe

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I can. red mccombs about shit when coach strong came to u of t. He threatened to pull his money for it. Between high school coaches and the booster coach strong never had a chance. I just wished they gave him the same chance that they gave mack brown. Set texas back decades. Yes they won a n.c. under him. But that was all vince young.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I have no problem w black QBs, just don’t see what wrong w the qb they currently have? Other than fact he white apparently, lol.
    I wasn't specifically talking about any comments here

Just in general

Mac4Lyfe

Maybe not but don’t think there any argument Herman is significantly better. Nothing to do w race.
    I'm not so sure Herman is significantly better??? Especially if Strong was never given a chance. Imagine you just started a new job and before you even showed up your biggest stakeholder said you should have never been hired. But not only that, he also said you were incompetent, not smart and won't be there for long. This man just sabotaged your career there before you got started. Do you really think you are going to be able to have an impact on your peers?

Who knows how well Strong could have recruited if he wasn't neutered? Who knows if his team would have believed in him a bit more if he had the full support of the program? These are kids that are very aware. They read social media all the time. A little bit of doubt goes a long way in football. The UT program was self fulfilling prophecy. The cupboard was much worse when Strong took over from Mack than Herman from Strong.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Ehlinger was an after thought. While i don't believe the qb has to be black...he needs to have a strong arm with the ability to run. A dan jones or that type of qb. I was proud that texas took a chance on charlie strong. Watched him coach many times at u of l and thought he could take us to the next level. But in Texas, the high school coach is king. Unless you make them an integral part of the university or woo them. They are going to send recruits away. Coach strong is a reserved man and was not one of his strong points. I was even happier that herman took over. (o.s.u lost a lot when he left the university) (just like the big tuna wasn't shit without bellichek) Ehlinger came in early an while he is adequate... he is not the athlete we need. usually takes 3 yrs to get people into your system. When mack brown was coach the team was soft. They were always in trouble when they played a physical team. Strong changed that a little bit but until herman gets a better qb they will always be an after thought to oklahoma. Not to dig on qb. e but he is just a better version of colt mccoy. (i hate colt and his puzzy ass father.)
    Strong was a graduate assistant at UF when I played. Real good guy. I thought he really got shafted by UF when they didn't even consider him for a HC job. UF is known for not hiring black coaches or recruiting black QBs. I was really pulling for Strong but you are spot on. If you can't get in with the high schools, you are fukkked.

Redlily5150

Deshaun Watson came out of college cooking like a whole chuck roast with potato carrots and celery. If not for his knee injury he was a shoe in for NFL hall of fame.
    You dumb tards on this site are cringe worthy dumb.

Redlily5150

I know stuff y’all don’t. Ok

Redlily5150

Ehlinger still picking up that 5$ Taco Bell box. Learn people learn. I know pro sports

Redlily5150

Watson could have been the greatest and some chump muffed his knee.
    Yes chuck roast with carrots potatoes and onions was his lord and savior.
    Nice ball Deshaun nice ball

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Redlily5150 View Post
    Ehlinger still picking up that 5$ Taco Bell box. Learn people learn. I know pro sports
    speaking of taco bell, don't they owe all of us a taco? or was that yesterday we were supposed to go pick up one solo doritos el squirtzo taco?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Why is it that anytime someone says... "nothing against Ehlinger", they normally are going to say something totally against Ehlinger. lol

Ehlinger is a good QB. He has a strong arm, physical and can run the rock when he has too. I think he may be more NFL ready than Trevor Lawrence.

123 Last