2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Yep, let's close down the site. All articles, information and content here is completely useless, says the man who spends 14 hours a day here.
    Lmfao. Yet he learns nothing. Weird.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Xavier or The Hall to knock odd Nova in Big East?
    The more I think about it the more I’m willing to go out on a limb and predict Xavier to make a jump from 9-9 in the Big East & NIT last year to BEast champs this year. Seton Hall should be right up there also with Myles Powell returning to school.

X returns 4 double digit scorers, welcomes a top 100 recruit Kyky Tandy who can slash and drive, a 3pt shooting grad transfer Bryce Moore and another grad transfer to add depth in the front court. They got all the pieces in Travis Steele’s 2nd year as head coach.

Villanova returns one double digit scorer (Gillespie), and doesn’t have a senior on the roster. It’s sounding like Bryan Antoine may not play at all this season, and that to me is a major blow for Nova as I had him pegged as a top 5 freshman guard in the country. The front court should be strong.... but outside of Gillespie I have concerns about this backcourt, unless the younger Chris Arcidiacono can somehow mimic his older brother Ryan.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1117

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Man it’s gonna be tough for Tulsa. Tulsa lost 3 key pieces in Jeffries, Scott & Taplin, so Haith is gonna have to depend on some young guards making a leap forward. I got Tulsa near the middle of the pack in the conference. My guess is they’ll knock off one of the big boys at home, but probably drop some games that leave you scratching your head.

AAC got 4 teams into the tournament last year. UCF should fall off a cliff with Tacko Fall, BJ Taylor and Aubrey Dawkins all gone. UConn is leaving the AAC for the Big East next year, so they could be distracted. Temple lost its coach and best player - not sure how they could bounce back from that right away.

But Memphis has the best recruiting class the conference has ever seen, Houston just got Kansas 5-star transfer Quentin Grimes eligible, Cincy gets a new coach but Brannen was a winner at NKU where he rode his best player Drew McDonald to multiple conference titles and now he has a chance to do the same with Jarron Cumberland. Those 3 teams are highly likely to make the big dance. Beyond that - Wichita State, South Florida, UConn and Tulsa will all be fighting over probably 1 or 2 remaining tickets to the dance.

As a side note, if those young guards look like they can pan out then I’ll be interested in betting Tulsa often in conference play. Ever since Haith arrived I’ve really liked backing Tulsa against the spread, especially at home.
    Thanks for your informative response Dom
    I'll gauge TU when they play crosstown ORU..
    Hopefully it's double digits..
    Memphis will be tough with Penny..
    Gonna put them back on the map I believe..
    Good luck this season

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Duckshit View Post
    You notoriously start slow, Broke me a couple of times.....lol.....true

Only because I'm a fan of your picks......Do you feel More prepared for the START of this season?
    Duckers you ain’t wrong... I had a few nice overall winning seasons here that started very slow.... like -10 to -20 units in the hole before conference play slow.

But last year I had a new approach and I was up 20+ units by Christmas - which is a lot for me considering 99% of my bets are 1 unit.

I plan to stick with the same early season strategy and then make major adjustments around Christmas time.

Let’s get it!

2daBank

Duckers you ain’t wrong... I had a few nice overall winning seasons here that started very slow.... like -10 to -20 units in the hole before conference play slow.

But last year I had a new approach and I was up 20+ units by Christmas - which is a lot for me considering 99% of my bets are 1 unit.

I plan to stick with the same early season strategy and then make major adjustments around Christmas time.

Let’s get it!
    Early season is tough. I have some insane swings from day to day!

I do have a couple really strong angles for those thanksgiving week tourneys that almost always turn profit!!!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Early season is tough. I have some insane swings from day to day!

I do have a couple really strong angles for those thanksgiving week tourneys that almost always turn profit!!!
    Battle 4 Atlantis UNDERSSSS!!!

Maui Invitational game 1 vs. Chaminade OVER!!!

haha can’t wait buddy

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

it's bizarre when people say what are the worst sports to bet.. as noted, often they are good sports to bet.

any cool obscure teams this year? like loyola-chicago two years ago.... i have one candidate but i'll hold off on the name for now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So untrue. One of easiest sports to have success if you know how to cap it, lines are not sharp at all. Totals often move 5-6-7-8 points off the opener.

Blows my mind when ya’ll make definitive statements like this. Just cause it not a good sport for you doesn’t make that accurate in any way. For myself it always been in this order of best to worst, baseball, ncaa bb, ncaa fb, nba (playoffs go way up list), pretty much anything else, then NFL which a crapshoot with by far tightest lines., hockey is making a appearance for me tho and if continues going so well might end up in top 3!!!

Had to change way I’ve went about ncaa hoops the last 5 years or so, kenpom used to be a huge help but now they basically mimic his lines.
    K Banker... post your plays... we'll follow your guidance.

Make a thread.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So untrue. One of easiest sports to have success if you know how to cap it, lines are not sharp at all. Totals often move 5-6-7-8 points off the opener.

Blows my mind when ya’ll make definitive statements like this. Just cause it not a good sport for you doesn’t make that accurate in any way. For myself it always been in this order of best to worst, baseball, ncaa bb, ncaa fb, nba (playoffs go way up list), pretty much anything else, then NFL which a crapshoot with by far tightest lines., hockey is making a appearance for me tho and if continues going so well might end up in top 3!!!

Had to change way I’ve went about ncaa hoops the last 5 years or so, kenpom used to be a huge help but now they basically mimic his lines.
    I agree

College hoops is where its at

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best early openers If you think the line is going to move

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

The more I think about it the more I’m willing to go out on a limb and predict Xavier to make a jump from 9-9 in the Big East & NIT last year to BEast champs this year. Seton Hall should be right up there also with Myles Powell returning to school.

X returns 4 double digit scorers, welcomes a top 100 recruit Kyky Tandy who can slash and drive, a 3pt shooting grad transfer Bryce Moore and another grad transfer to add depth in the front court. They got all the pieces in Travis Steele’s 2nd year as head coach.

Villanova returns one double digit scorer (Gillespie), and doesn’t have a senior on the roster. It’s sounding like Bryan Antoine may not play at all this season, and that to me is a major blow for Nova as I had him pegged as a top 5 freshman guard in the country. The front court should be strong.... but outside of Gillespie I have concerns about this backcourt, unless the younger Chris Arcidiacono can somehow mimic his older brother Ryan.
    Dommy Eric Dixon from Nova is an absolute beast. Worked a bunch of his games in high school

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Dommy Eric Dixon from Nova is an absolute beast. Worked a bunch of his games in high school
    I see him listed at 270 lbs! Can he run up and down the court?!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    any cool obscure teams this year? like loyola-chicago two years ago.... i have one candidate but i'll hold off on the name for now.
    I assume you’re talking mid-major programs? If so, I’d keep my eye on Utah State, VCU, Davidson... Missouri State, Northern Iowa, Liberty...

Who do you have your eye on?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Best early openers If you think the line is going to move
    I don’t see any lines yet. I expected the lines to be MSU -2.5 vs UK, and wasn’t sure on Duke-KU but probably 3.5 - 4.5 point spread either way.

The Langford injury for MSU should make this a pickem. Public money should make Duke a favorite.

Other injuries to monitor - MSU’s Kyle Ahrens is unlikely to play, and Kansas 3pt shooter transfer from Iowa Isaiah Moss has a quad injury that might keep him out of the Duke game. Both are important losses for their teams.

Last thing to note is Duke went 6 of 41 (15%) form 3 in their two exhibitions - one against themselves and one against Northwest Missouri State.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

stevey this kid can drain 3s for days, dish to his teammates, slash and drive to the rim, and posterize people. Nico Mannion is pure entertainment.

Yeah it will be fun man.

I'm glad Miller will be around to reap the benefits of somehow landing the nation's #1 recruiting class despite the scandal. I wasn't sure that would happen.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I see him listed at 270 lbs! Can he run up and down the court?!
    He’s slimmed down a bit as he primary played as a center in HS

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I don’t see any lines yet. I expected the lines to be MSU -2.5 vs UK, and wasn’t sure on Duke-KU but probably 3.5 - 4.5 point spread either way.

The Langford injury for MSU should make this a pickem. Public money should make Duke a favorite.

Other injuries to monitor - MSU’s Kyle Ahrens is unlikely to play, and Kansas 3pt shooter transfer from Iowa Isaiah Moss has a quad injury that might keep him out of the Duke game. Both are important losses for their teams.

Last thing to note is Duke went 6 of 41 (15%) form 3 in their two exhibitions - one against themselves and one against Northwest Missouri State.
    Early openers released for the Champions Classic:

Kansas -4.5 vs Duke
    MSU -2.5 vs Kentucky

jolyolyolyman
    jolyolyolyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2144

Yo Dom, I’m pumped for this season. You see a line for the Wisky St Mary’s game anywhere yet? I’m not buying the whole addition by subtraction theory with Ethan Happ gone. It looks like St Mary’s brings back the bulk of their scoring from last season.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by jolyolyolyman View Post
    Yo Dom, I’m pumped for this season. You see a line for the Wisky St Mary’s game anywhere yet? I’m not buying the whole addition by subtraction theory with Ethan Happ gone. It looks like St Mary’s brings back the bulk of their scoring from last season.
    I’m excited for this game, should be a good one! No lines out yet.... Kenpom suggests SMC -2. Yes, SMC returns all but their center, but we’re talking returning from a team who’s best win in the regular season was vs. New Mexico State.

Happ was great at times but last season the guy shot under 50% from the free throw line, and barely over 50% from the floor.... he wasn’t very efficient. I really do think the Badgers could be better without him... weather or not they can be right away is a whole other question.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Definitely ready to go here Dom.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Chances Georgia makes the tourney this year???

Just a percent, no need for writeup

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the Oregon Ducks

could they win it all this season?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Chances Georgia makes the tourney this year???

Just a percent, no need for writeup
    17%

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the Oregon Ducks

could they win it all this season?
    I got them as a sweet 16 team, so yeah they could make a run. I don’t think they quite have ‘it’ to win a national championship but an elite eight or final four would be huge for the program.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

wow 17%

that sucks

another miserable year for me

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

I'm thinking Duke game over

and fade Kentucky

Duke's new players want to score early on and they don't figure out how to defend early in the season or at all like 2 years ago

Kentucky seems to start slow... maybe it's the coach

remember how bad Zion and Duke beat up Kentucky last year when Kentucky was the favorite? lol

jjgold

Fade Duke

Worst coach USA based of unreal talent yearly also known as Johnny Cal!!

2daBank

I don’t bet these 1st games much but absolutely love the thanksgiving week tourneys! Can’t fukkin wait for those!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I'm thinking Duke game over

and fade Kentucky

Duke's new players want to score early on and they don't figure out how to defend early in the season or at all like 2 years ago

Kentucky seems to start slow... maybe it's the coach

remember how bad Zion and Duke beat up Kentucky last year when Kentucky was the favorite? lol
    I think gotta play sparty -2.5. Gonna take uk some time.

I also played un146 in the ville/canes game.

St Mary’s -3 and under 129.5

2daBank

God damn wish I was prepared and got on uc Irvine at open. I think they cover the -5 just woulda bet much more on the -2.5/3 line!

2daBank

Absolutely. I think Florida battles Kentucky for the SEC, and Gators have a well rounded squad with enough mixture of talent and experience to make a run in March.

Nembhard & Mann make up a top 10 back court, Va Tech transfer Kerry Blackshear is nearly unstoppable down low, and I’m super excited about their 5-star freshman wing Scottie Lewis who is probably the best freshman defender in the country and athletic enough to develop into a serious scorer.

I already have futures on Florida to win the natty at 17/1 odds
    I like gators futures but couldn’t you have gotten more like 30 or 35 to 1?

What you think about st Mary’s? I really like them and that huge 7’3 transfer mofo from Seattle has been cleared to play which 5 was the one spot I had questions. They are freaking +25,000 to win the title! Obviously I don’t expect them to win it but more can they put together a Gonzaga type year and get a really high seed? which would have hedging opps all over starting whenever you want with that crazy number!! I mean 100 bucks pays 25k! They beat zags out for the conf and win conf tourney even w their weak schedule you looking at a very good seed!! If they don’t they still most likely will get in then if we don’t like them at that point can bet against them big w a huge insurance policy!!! Seems like it makes a ton of sense to me.

jjgold

Pound Dogs this year

Parity keeps creeping into the game as far as games being competitve

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fade Duke

Worst coach USA based of unreal talent yearly also known as Johnny Cal!!
    This is so ridiculous 😂. There’s not 1 coach that has won more in the NCAA since coach Cal came to UK. But why ignore facts when you can just bash Kentucky for not winning the natty every single year, right?

8 Sweet 16 appearances
    7 Elite Eight appearances
    4 Final Four appearances
    2 Championship appearances
    1 Title
    Last edited by jgold254; 11-05-19 at 06:07 AM.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    This is so ridiculous . There’s not 1 coach that has won more in the NCAA since coach Cal came to UK. But why ignore facts when you can just bash Kentucky for not winning the natty every single year, right?

8 Sweet 16 appearances
    7 Elite Eight appearances
    4 Final Four appearances
    2 Championship appearances
    1 Title

should of won way more

underachieved

He is a terrible in game coach like Cal and Self

First 12