hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

LAST-MINUTE WRITEUP: Brewers at Nationals WILDCARD

Tuesday Oct.1 - NL Wild Card Game

I like Washington to win this game, it is pretty intriguing matchup beyond only looking at the starting pitchers.

But I'm not placing a wager on this game pre-game. If it is tight, or Brewers leading after a few innings, I would consider taking Washington LIVE only if the opportunity presents itself at significantly lower risk odds than what they are available at pre-game, around -175 (patience and discipline).

Here are points I've looked at:

Neither team likes facing the opposing starting pitcher. All-time team batting averages look like this:
    Milwaukee .133 vs Max Scherzer
    Washington .154 vs Brandon Woodruff
    >those are for the players in the starting lineups

THE WAY NOT TO BET THIS GAME, in my opinion, would be taking Washington first five innings. Scherzer hasn't looked fully himself with a 4.74 ERA in seven outings since returning from a back injury in late August, but the team will have Patrick Corbin and Stephen Strasburg available out of the bullpen should things go wrong early (this sentence is exact wording from a rotisserie site, in the interest of time).

Another stat to consider is the Nationals are 1-8 W/L in Mr. Scherzer's last 9 starts during Game 1 of a series.
    Furthermore, the Nationals have such a weak history against Brandon Woodruff, who should also be fresher on 8 days of rest since his last outing on Sept.22 in which he only threw 2 innings.

This will be "all hands on-deck" game for both teams, so unless you have inside access to the coaches and pitching staff, its difficult to say exactly which pitchers will be brought in relief, and when.

Let's look at hitting lineups quickly. Washington has the edge with an overall .287 batting average for the season, among the players in the starting lineups (not including the pitcher). Milwaukee batters come in with .256 average. Ryan Braun and Lorenzo Cain have minor injuries reported, but are both in the starting lineup, while Christian Yellich as we know will not play. Washington does not have reported injuries for their position players, other than Catcher Mr. Kurt Suzuki, who is starting the game, despite lingering inflammation in his elbow.

Recent form: Washington has the clear advantage. They played the past 8 games at home since Sept.23 and WON ALL 8 GAMES. Their fans will be rocking out to "Baby Shark" when Gerardo Parra likely enters the game as a pinch hitter in the late innings.

Milwaukee played the last 6 games on the road, getting swept by the Colorado Rockies in Denver for the last 3 games, including Extra Innings losses the final 2 games of the season.

Sorry for the last-minute post before gametime, but I hope this information is helpful to anybody looking to make a late- or-live wager on the Wildcard game tonight.

GL all
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave hotcross 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

icon gave hotcross 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, and icon

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Last 7 playoff appearances by Max his team is 0-7

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

So what you're saying is the Dodgers going to win?

goduke

Max is so overrated in the playoffs.

hotcross

Good lawd, that Live line is already +150 Washington after one inning

Not biting just yet

hotcross

+220 after the Thames homerun 3-0 score

OK took a bite 1 unit to win 2.20

goduke

Good luck but I don’t see the comeback. I think nats 2nd half is a better option if you can get it live

goduke

Brewers building the lead and then nats will score a few but come up short

hotcross

I hear you, happy with the odds now +220 Washington to win the game sounds a lot better than -175

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    I hear you, happy with the odds now +220 Washington to win the game sounds a lot better than -175
    Yes 220 good but -132 isn’t bad for nats 2nd half

hotcross

no Baby Shark tonight, but writeup was pretty accurate I'd say

clutch young man Juan Soto

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24762

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    no Baby Shark tonight, but writeup was pretty accurate I'd say

clutch young man Juan Soto
    Agreed.... HotX.
    Look forward to the Dodgers/Nats write up.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

This was a great writeup. Love how he mentions he wouldn't lay the juice on the home team pre-game but would wait until the game started to look for a solid live betting opportunity.

I'll be paying more attention to hotcross and look forward to reading what he has to say about other games.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

Great write-up! It's the kind of stuff that should be on this forum. Win or lose.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Nice write.