SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Hurricane threat moves FSU-Boise to Tallahassee

The season opener between Florida State and Boise State has been moved from Jacksonville to Tallahassee because of the impending threat of Hurricane Dorian, it was announced Thursday.

Dorian is expected to impact the east coast of Florida, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has already declared a state of emergency. The schools were scheduled to kick off in Jacksonville at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, but the game will now take place at noon ET (TV: ESPNews).

Tallahassee, which is located 160 miles west of Jacksonville, is not expected to feel effects from the storm on Saturday. Dorian is expected to become a Category 3 hurricane and is currently projected to make landfall in Brevard County, well south of Jacksonville. However, Jacksonville is among the areas within the cone of uncertainty.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...se-tallahassee

dsgator55
    dsgator55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6346

This looks real bad on FSU. They put the game in Jacksonville for $$$. Season ticket holders had to pay for this game ticket in Jacksonville and now it’s being played on the home turf. They look real greedy and bad.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by dsgator55 View Post
    This looks real bad on FSU. They put the game in Jacksonville for $$$. Season ticket holders had to pay for this game ticket in Jacksonville and now it’s being played on the home turf. They look real greedy and bad.
    Huh? They can’t control a damn hurricane! Am I missing something? Isn’t it being moved cause the weather???

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

tony lock the other thread with that has jacksonville at noon...since this updated info is out

thanks for it bro

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watch thing blow away

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1899

What happens to bets placed before venue change

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
    Should be refunded.

SBR Tony

depends on where you placed the wager. but like 2dabank said it should be refunded

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1899

Thanks guys

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    depends on where you placed the wager. but like 2dabank said it should be refunded
    Pretty much everywhere no? I mean they change the numbers so surely they don’t want ppl holding tickets they can take crack at nice middles.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Pretty much everywhere no? I mean they change the numbers so surely they don’t want ppl holding tickets they can take crack at nice middles.
    if I remember right last years virginia / ohio game was not refunded in Vegas
    offshore I believe pretty much will refund. Wonder what the other States will do ?

dsgator55
    dsgator55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6346

Yea they can’t control weather. What I was saying is FSU should’ve had this as a home game from the beginning. They were being greedy trying to play the Game in Jacksonville (season tickets didn’t include this game). So fans had to buy these tickets seperate from the season tix.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Huge advantage for FSU now. Home game plus BSU has to play an earlier game, traveling from West to East.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

No need to move so early. What if the hurricane hits Tallahasse and misses Jacksonville?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Huge advantage for FSU now. Home game plus BSU has to play an earlier game, traveling from West to East.
    they'll cover though

milesbk23
    milesbk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Math checks out. 100 total fans in the stadium and 98 of them would be Florida State fans and the other 2 are Boise State fans, that makes 98%. But will need Harvard to confirm.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

I placed my bet on Florida State -4.5 before the venue change at Heritage and they refunded my wager because of the move to Tallahassee. The game was re released with a new line of -6.5 because Florida State is now playing a true home game. I didn't want to bet the game at the new number so I'm no longer playing this game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They’re selling tickets for $10 and school is closed today. Nobody will be there

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not really. Didn’t it also get moved from prime time to a early sat start? Can’t imagine it gonna be all that crazy of a crowd. Guess it moved the line 1.5 points and total dropped a good 3-4 points (not real sure why that the case?).,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by milesbk23 View Post
    Math checks out. 100 total fans in the stadium and 98 of them would be Florida State fans and the other 2 are Boise State fans, that makes 98%. But will need Harvard to confirm.
    Lol. Should be a madhouse!!