sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Predicting the future with Sosa

this is my thread for futures plays. I have never played these before but I wanna give it a try and see how well I do.

this is for all sports NBA/MLB/NFL.

my first play is on NBA rookie of the year.

NBA ROY

Ja Morant +330

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post

NBA ROY

Ja Morant +330

to elaborate on this, the ROY is a point guard's award. they have the ball in their hands for the majority of games and therefore have the most impact numbers wise. it is rare for a rookie to lead his team to the playoffs in year one so statistics is what it comes down to. I can see Ja having a similar type season statistically as Trae young did last year if their usage is the same. even though Trae is a way better shooter, he struggled mightily the first half of his rookie campaign as he adjusted to the physicality of the game and to the length of opposing defenders. I believe Ja's transition to the league will be more seamless because of his relentless ability to attack opposing defenses off the dribble. he is far more equipped as an athlete then Trae is & therefore will be able to rely on that set of skills as he adjusts to NBA level competition.

here is a great video that can familiarize you with Ja's game if you have never seen him play or don't know what to expect.

Sol Diablo
    Sol Diablo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Like it. I think he's going to be fantastic. Love his game.

Will have to really kick ass though to take down the Zion hype machine.

Might take a Zion injury to happen.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You related to Sammy Sosa?

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Diablo View Post
    Like it. I think he's going to be fantastic. Love his game.

Will have to really kick ass though to take down the Zion hype machine.

Might take a Zion injury to happen.
    it hurts my soul to say it but I don't think Zion will be a guy that plays 80 games every single year in his career. he is just so explosive as an athlete and the way he plays exposes his body to a wide range of potential injuries. he couldn't even play a full game in summer league. then the pressure he has to succeed not only as the #1 pick but also as the designated leader for a new age of basketball, I think ultimately that is just an INSANE amount of pressure to overcome in your first year.

people aren't doing him any favors with the LeBron James comparisons either. he is not LeBron on the court. his game is different. the hype around their names is similar but thats it. the key difference is that LeBron was mature beyond his years when he entered the league. people don't understand how special he is. his intangibles are off the charts. Zion will be great in his own right, but he is just a kid.

at the end of the day, this is an award that is given by the media. those bloodsuckers will leach off Zion's star aura for as long as possible, feeding the machine and talking daily about his progressions/mistakes. meanwhile, Ja will slide under the radar all season. even though his potential is just as special as Zion.

for that, I think its still Zion's award to lose. but ill take Ja at 3 to 1 & feel confident about it.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You related to Sammy Sosa?
    yeah. and Russell Westbrook. and Sosa from scarface. and Edmundo Sosa. and Brian Westbrook. and all the other Sosas and Westbrooks on planet Earth.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Good luck. I like that Morant kid. Go Racers

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

rj barrett nba rookie of the year
    houston astros world series champs
    dallas cowboys superbowl champs
    toronto maple leafs stanley cup champions

glall

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Zion seems like he will be a bust

Can just dunk...very clumsy off the dribble to the basket

A power player

sosawestbrook

NBA Playoffs

Sacramento Kings make playoffs +315

sosawestbrook

NBA Playoffs

West will be an absolute slobber knocker for playoff positioning. royal rumble style. its eat or be eaten in this conference. every game matters. the way I see it, there is 3 tiers of teams in the West. there is tier 1: "championship or bust" which features the Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz & Nuggets. then there is tier 2: "fighting for playoff seeding" which features Blazers, Warriors, Spurs, Kings & Mavs. then tier 3: "talented team but missing something" which features Suns, Grizzlies, Wolves, Pels & Thunder.

ill take my chances with this young & talented Kings roster to make the final cut of 8. they are one of the best shooting teams in the league & with the addition of Luke walton, look for them to replicate Warriors-like schemes all season which will take their offense to the next level & improve on their efficiency. they already have a plethora of elite shooters who eclipse that 40%> mark from 3fg and still a handful of guys that can hit a shot if need be. the same starting 5 will be brought back with the exception of Cauley-stein who will be replaced with either Bagley or Dedmon, both of which are improvements. the one thing this team was lacking last season was veteran players to surround their young talent. they addressed that need this offseason and made some tremendous under the radar signings picking up players who have a championship pedigree like Ariza & Joseph. with the development of Fox, Hield & Bagley and then the additions of Luke walton and the other bench/depth pieces, I think ultimately this Kings franchise made every move they need to make to position themselves to finally break free of their 10+ year playoff drought.

if I had to guess the standings at the end of the regular season right now id say:

1. Nuggets
    2. Jazz
    3. Clippers
    4. Rockets
    5. Kings
    6. Lakers
    7. Blazers
    8. Spurs

I dont have the Warriors making it this year. think they lost too much to recuperate right away & the West is too tough this year.

sosawestbrook

NFL ROY

Kyler Murray +160

one word: ELECTRIC.

ill talk more about why I like Kyler to have a big year after tonight's game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

GL Sosa.

sosawestbrook

Indy Colts O6.5 season wins -120

Indy Colts make playoffs +400

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

sosawestbrook

NFL DPOY

Darius Leonard +3300

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

yeah. and Russell Westbrook. and Sosa from scarface. and Edmundo Sosa. and Brian Westbrook. and all the other Sosas and Westbrooks on planet Earth.
    Jfc. I assumed that sosawestbrook was the combination of Sosa from Scarface and Russell Westbrook.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Zion seems like he will be a bust

Can just dunk...very clumsy off the dribble to the basket

A power player
    No bust but prob not gonna live up to the hype either. If he has a Blake griffin like career is he a bust? Seems like a 20-10 guy, being surrounded by shooters outta help his game look better than it did in college where teams could simply clog lane.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No bust but prob not gonna live up to the hype either. If he has a Blake griffin like career is he a bust? Seems like a 20-10 guy, being surrounded by shooters outta help his game look better than it did in college where teams could simply clog lane.
    He is on primetime 30 times this year. More than even LeBron will be. NBA will ensure he is not a bust. Look what they have done for James Hardens career? (FT margin vs other stars is phenomenally larger)

sosawestbrook

Chiefs O10.5 season wins -120

Mahomes, Reid & gang pick up right where they left off last season.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Decent chance they lose outright week 1....

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Decent chance they lose outright week 1....
    how? Jaguars gonna score 40?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Jfc. I assumed that sosawestbrook was the combination of Sosa from Scarface and Russell Westbrook.
    SBR paid handle. Popped out of nowhere.

Hey Sosa... post some tickets or GTFO with this garbage.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    SBR paid handle. Popped out of nowhere.

Hey Sosa... post some tickets or GTFO with this garbage.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

how? Jaguars gonna score 40?
    Lol you think the Chiefs are scoring 40 on that defense? Good Luck.

sosawestbrook

Lol you think the Chiefs are scoring 40 on that defense? Good Luck.
    you are the one that said Chiefs will lose. I asked how? I haven't bet this game. at least not yet.

looking at Chiefs offensive output in opening game past 2 seasons, the only way I see them losing is if Jaguars put big numbers on the board. I don't see that happening.

sosawestbrook

NBA Playoffs

love what I see from the Kings this summer. I added on another 2 units to this.

I now have 1 unit at +315 & 2units at +250.

all other plays BTW are 1 unit.

sosawestbrook

quick break down by sport

1 unit = $50

NFL

Kyler Murray ROY +160 / risk 1 unit
    Darius Leonard DPOY +3300 / risk 1 unit
    Colts O6.5 season wins -120 / risk 1.2 units
    Colts make playoffs +400 / risk 1 unit
    Chiefs O10.5 season wins -120 / risk 1.2 units

NBA

Ja morant ROY +330 / risk 1 unit
    Kings make playoffs +315 / risk 1 unit
    Kings make playoffs +250 / risk 2 units

have been looking into some more NBA futures as we inch closer to the season. heading to Las vegas soon so I also wanna make sure I checkout those markets first before I lock anything in online. Im restricting myself to high quality positions here that I feel are worth the long term hold. I am trying to treat it like stocks since this bankroll was substituted from that market anyway. however, just like the stock market there is always some value in the more highly volatile positions if you are willing to gamble. for those more risky spots I may share the information to anyone interested but keep in mind I only put my money on plays I am willing to invest in. its about the money and nothing else.

I also have a tracker for regular plays that is here: http://sosawestbrook.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/
    -I bet NFL/NBA/MLB/Ncaa hoops & probably even some UFC

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

What kind of name dropping dumb random posting handle is “sosawestbrook” ?

sosawestbrook

Ben Simmons wins MVP +8000

half unit risk. this is unbelievable odds considering the fact that the 76ers are talented enough to win the East this year. being that team success plays such a huge factor in this award and taking note of Embiid's injury history, I wouldn't be shocked at all if the power dynamic shifts towards Simmons and this becomes HIS team. combine that with the fact that Simmons has evolved his game to include the jumpshot & will start to implement this into his arsenal of weapons this season? yeah, this makes too much sense. gimme THE CHOSEN ONE for MVP.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

Saw some Morant last night against the bobcats and watched the video you posted, man this kid is special but that's a hard bet to make against Zion and I have not watched him NBA yet. Any other rookies stand out to you?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    thats not Sammy, thats Sam.....

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Saw some Morant last night against the bobcats and watched the video you posted, man this kid is special but that's a hard bet to make against Zion and I have not watched him NBA yet. Any other rookies stand out to you?
    to win ROY? I think the award will be a 2 man race between ja & Zion. I put my money with Ja because I think he will have tremendous numbers right out of the gate. Ill be honest, I did not think Zion would be as good as he is already though. his transition to the league from college is coming effortlessly. 3 to 1 odds is still too much of a gap all things considered.

overall though, I love this year's rookie class. Nickeil Alexander-walker is my favorite rookie. I love the way these Canadian hoopers go about their business. NAW, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, etc. these are very special players that have the necessary skillsets (shooting and ball handling) that will allow them to be successful in this league for many years. Also love Tyler herro. I believe he is a young Devin booker in the flesh. Porter Jr is somebody to keep an eye on as well, he can be a potential league leading scorer someday if his body holds up.

sosawestbrook

Ja morant averages O6.5 assists per game -120 (2units)
    Ja morant leads the league in assists +900 (0.5 units)

what can I say? Im goo goo ga ga for JA MORANT. he is one of the best playmakers I have ever seen. with all the high level athletes on that Grizzlies team, I see him eclipsing this number fairly easily. I personally think he will average over 10 assists per game.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Ja morant averages O6.5 assists per game -120 (2units)
    Ja morant leads the league in assists +900 (0.5 units)

what can I say? Im goo goo ga ga for JA MORANT. he is one of the best playmakers I have ever seen. with all the high level athletes on that Grizzlies team, I see him eclipsing this number fairly easily. I personally think he will average over 10 assists per game.

looks like his odds to win ROY have gone up since you posted your bet...I'm seeing +450 on Bovada and +550 at Heritage currently.

123 Last