BeYourself
    BeYourself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

If you want to make money in betting...

I was inspired to write this post spontaneously this morning after accidental meeting with one of my friends I have not seen him in 2 years.The guy was telling me that he is depressed because last week he lost 2 grand and now its gonna take him 5 months to repay his credit card.To be honest,pitiful amount...but the guy is depressed.I did not feel sorry for him,because he always said that he knows everything about sports hes betting on and knows where to find up- to -date stats.In the past,on my advice that there is more to betting than just knowledge and stats he was just laughing. So,after i got home i decided to register here and write this so -called article to help new bettors,losing bettors and provide some useful information for a long time degens.
    This post will be divided in 3 sectionsreparation,betting and aftermath.

Section 1.Preparation or how I call it for myself - "soulsearching".
    Before you start making deposits,researching sports,planning betting units,etc, - you have to ask yourself 2 questions.
    Question number 1:Why I am betting?So stupid question you will say.Of course to win money to pay rent,buy gifts for my girlfriend,travel,enjoy life....Obvious,but wrong answer.The right answer is to change your life.To get out of vicious cycle of living from paycheck to paycheck,to get out of debt,to get education,etc...It should be something to change your life globally in a positive way.This is very important because it will play a MAJOR role in your future winning or losing.Because as everybody knows,betting comes with emotional ups and downs,financial loses,conflicts with people around you,etc,but if you know why you are betting - it eliminates and softens all negative stuff which comes with betting and keeps you emotionally stable and coldblooded when you make picks and decisions.

Question number 2.I would say its more rhetorical question,just to take a deep thought.For example,how come,people in England crazy about their sports,know everything about soccer,bet and still 95 per cent of them lose in a long run?!!What,they are stupid or dont know how to bet?all of them are hotheads?!!i dont think so...after many years of thinking and researching I came to conclusion that there is more to betting .
    Before you decide to make your first bet,you should understand that there are 4 sides to betting:
    - emotional;
    - psychological;
    - existential;
    - physical.
    If,even one side is not working in your persona,-you will be a loser in a long run.Go get a second job,ask for an overtime or simply get wasted at a pub with the money you intended to deposit to your betting account.Dont get me wrong,you will win sometimes,even go on a winning streaks,but you will not be able to quit your everyday slavery job and start living off sports betting.
    REMEMBER:Betting success or lack of it is reflection of your emotional, psychological and mental states of your mind.
    One common mistake people make when they are on a losing streak is that they are trying to make right pick to get back on track or stop betting for a while ,hoping,that their fortunes will turn.This is wrong approach.All they need to do is fix states of their mind.Explaining how to do it-will take me another 3 hours typing and I will explain some other time.
    There are so many articles and books teaching you and advising about betting,strategies,but none of them will teach you about soul of sports betting.You will find some pieces on the internet about this and that,but thats about it.Most people simply dont know what they are writing about.
    I suspect that right now you are asking yourself,who the f@#$ is this guy to tell me what betting is?!!!
    Im a degen who has his own betting experience,worked as a table clerk at a betting shop and have lots of experience of observing.
    6 years ago,i came to work,looked around,got sick of everyday job took last paycheck of 400 bucks and decided to become an everyday gambler.Yes,im one of those whos got balls to quit everyday job and become full time degen.To be honest,it wasnt out of blue decision,as I was preparing myself mentally,emotionally and psychologically 4 years before that.At that time I wanted, at least, to give it a try.out of 400 I made close to 350 grand and blew it...no,not on betting,but on women.Women f@#$% me up to the point,that i cannot concentrate or have right state of mind.For the last 2 years I work in construction chipping concrete for some pitiful 20 bucks per hour,preparing myself to make a run in betting again.
    This is not about me.Im writing this to help fellow present and future degens with information what betting is.To understand that betting is very complicated process and not to take it lightly.At the end, to understand the SOUL OF BETTING.Yes,its possible to make money in betting.In my case only for 2 years,but still its possible.

I described only one section out of three.Sections -Betting and aftermath,i will write later on,because Ive got tired,plus,my "enslaver" is calling to come to work today.
    I described everything very shortly,because to describe how everything works-would take me 10 pages,but I hope I gave you some idea.
    p.s.if it was interesting and helpful-let me know in comments and I will spent time explaining the other 2 sections

REMEMBER: sports betting is not just a way to make money,-its a lifestyle which will impact all aspects of your life.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

give us a fukkin winner pal

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14272

Flip a coin

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I give up. Did anyone make any sense at all out of this post?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Flip a coin
    How'd you know about my boy, Coin *(pronounced kwan)...

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

First day first post PRO

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24812

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    give us a fukkin winner pal
    Haha. Nice avatar, pal.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Whose ghost is this?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

you need a pro's mind set ..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too long

Means nothing

Only arbers , hedgers and bonus pros win

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Watching VSiN

Taking notes

jjgold

Lol VSIN

All barreled in

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Too many penetrating adjectives ​!!!!!!!

!!!!

MrExcellence
    MrExcellence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Great article. I mean that! There are so many hidden jewels in your piece. The average person won’t see them. Definitely would like to hear more on the other 2 sections.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Watching VSiN

Taking notes

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I give up. Did anyone make any sense at all out of this post?
    Makes perfect sense, OP is a freaking clown. If he was going for anything else I didn’t get it, lol.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This clown is going to worry himself into a straight jacket deciding how much to wager on a game. Noe of what he says will help anyone in here. And by the way, while the vast majority of people who place wagers lose, it is NOT 95%. He's making it up as he goes.

Sam Odom

QH is upacking the OP

BeYourself

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This clown is going to worry himself into a straight jacket deciding how much to wager on a game. Noe of what he says will help anyone in here. And by the way, while the vast majority of people who place wagers lose, it is NOT 95%. He's making it up as he goes.
    thanks.About betting units,how much to bet and how to bet i will explain in section 2. And by the way,yes,its close to 95 per cent of people that lose.Simple fact is,that bookmakers are not gonna tell you that number because it would scare off majority of potential bettors.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

BeYourself

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Too many penetrating adjectives ​!!!!!!!

!!!!
    English is not my first language.Tried to explain in details.

jjgold

I never knew a gambler that had any money

God Bless

BeYourself

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I never knew a gambler that had any money

God Bless
    In my whole life,I met only 3 people that make money off betting.They are not rich,but do not work everyday job.Those people exist,but their behavior in life is completely different from your typical gambler.Cheers

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Rooster pics or fuk off

BeYourself

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Rooster pics or fuk off
    If I give you a pick -I would give you a fish to eat.But Im trying to give you guys,a fishing rod ,so you can catch a fish by yourself,every time you are hungry

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28974

Jesus christ

SALOON!!!!

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Psychological BS means nothing unless the player can define value! Each bet has to have scientific mathematical positive expectations. A winning player works more at his craft than workers work at work.Winning is a job!

It is not possible for anybody to bet into a negative expectation market and win long term!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

Lol

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by BeYourself View Post
    Question number 1:Why I am betting?So stupid question you will say.Of course to win money to pay rent,buy gifts for my girlfriend,travel,enjoy life....Obvious,but wrong answer.The right answer is to change your life.To get out of vicious cycle of living from paycheck to paycheck,to get out of debt,to get education,etc...It should be something to change your life globally in a positive way.This is very important because it will play a MAJOR role in your future winning or losing.Because as everybody knows,betting comes with emotional ups and downs,financial loses,conflicts with people around you,etc,but if you know why you are betting - it eliminates and softens all negative stuff which comes with betting and keeps you emotionally stable and coldblooded when you make picks and decisions.

Most of us have had not problems avoiding the "vicious cycle" you describe without our gambling earnings. Most of us can develop ways to change our lives in globally positive ways (including the ways you describe) without gambling. I find far less emotional ups and downs and conflicts with people around me when gambling than I've had from other jobs. The real answer as to why we gamble is because it is a way to earn money that is far better than all the other ways to earn money. And then we use that money to buy whatever we value most. We've already paid off our debt and built savings and earned graduate degrees, so that stuff is no longer necessary

Question number 2.I would say its more rhetorical question,just to take a deep thought.For example,how come,people in England crazy about their sports,know everything about soccer,bet and still 95 per cent of them lose in a long run?!!What,they are stupid or dont know how to bet?all of them are hotheads?!!i dont think so...after many years of thinking and researching I came to conclusion that there is more to betting .
    It's the same exact reason most gamblers lose when playing blackjack, craps, lottery tickets, roulette, slot machines, or anything else: there is a house edge. An easy way to understand this would be for you to give me bets where I have the edge and all that other stuff you wrote about becomes complete bullshit

Sam Odom

Vig Kills

Flip a fair coin... you guess right , win 90c --- guess wrong , lose $1

Simple math

BeYourself

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    [/FONT]Most of us have had not problems avoiding the "vicious cycle" you describe without our gambling earnings. Most of us can develop ways to change our lives in globally positive ways (including the ways you describe) without gambling. I find far less emotional ups and downs and conflicts with people around me when gambling than I've had from other jobs. The real answer as to why we gamble is because it is a way to earn money that is far better than all the other ways to earn money. And then we use that money to buy whatever we value most. We've already paid off our debt and built savings and earned graduate degrees, so that stuff is no longer necessary

It's the same exact reason most gamblers lose when playing blackjack, craps, lottery tickets, roulette, slot machines, or anything else: there is a house edge. An easy way to understand this would be for you to give me bets where I have the edge and all that other stuff you wrote about becomes complete bullshit
    The purpose of my post to give new and losing gamblers some food for thought.Most gamblers concentrate to much on stats,value and money and forget about psychological aspects of betting.But in most cases what makes people to lose or make mistakes is lack of understanding of psychological aspect of betting.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

The purpose of my post to give new and losing gamblers some food for thought.Most gamblers concentrate to much on stats,value and money and forget about psychological aspects of betting.But in most cases what makes people to lose or make mistakes is lack of understanding of psychological aspect of betting.
    It takes very little understanding or psychology to win money betting with a positive advantage. No amount of understanding or psychology can help someone win when betting against a negative advantage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuckyOne

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

It takes very little understanding or psychology to win money betting with a positive advantage. No amount of understanding or psychology can help someone win when betting against a negative advantage.
    This.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It takes very little understanding or psychology to win money betting with a positive advantage...
    This couldn't be more wrong.

I can break the banks of bettors who tail me just by having a winning streak. The psychology goes to shit for many reasons as everyone is different, and they inevitably bet more for the eventual losers that come out.

Further, understanding psychology can help you gain expected value.

The true winning professional sports bettor more likely has a major in psychgology and a minor in math rather than the other way around.

I've built my career around that all important understanding of psychology, the math is automatic, malleable and well known.

It's the psychology that separates the long term winners and anyone with a chance at that from all others who try, not the math.

Real talk.

12 Last