jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As You Get Older Your Nerves Go For Bigger Bets??

For me personally yes

older harder to make money unlike 20's through 40's

I never thought I would at times bet 10 cents on big parlay payouts all documented here

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I scaled mine back. I used to bet to live, now I bet to enjoy. Don't bet on every game, every race etc. Bet now when I have time to.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just won on some Italian guy in tennis. My nerves are shot. He won the first with ease, but missed a million breaks in the 2nd so it went to a tiebreak. Got one mini, and won it. I’m not built for this shit anymore. A decade ago I wouldn’t even have sweated the shit.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10802

Definitely increasing bet size over the years while cutting volume

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

No money so my bet size decreased

THANKS OBAMA

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Otters used to bet $2 - $5 per game

now he’s betting $500 on parlays

guy is a beast

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Can’t win big unless ya bet big.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

JJ what is your stamina now that you are older in cutting grass? How many square feet can you cut in one day?

jjgold

3 houses Paver

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Nerves are immaterial. All that matters is finding good bets. Sometimes experience helps. Sometimes getting stuck in our ways makes it harder.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The hardest part for me has been patience in betting. Trying to accept losing and not compounding it worse by trying to win it back after a bad stretch of a few games. Even after all my experience, it still is tough. I’ve been better but still have that temptation to go big in that Sunday night game after struggling in the 1 and 4pm games.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

My bet size went down over the years

That is because there are so many more international bets now

USA sports not what they used to be for bettors and everyone knows it is true

Years ago I would only bet 1-2 games a week like most ppl did

The big bet on a -110 is full of worry I don't want
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-21-19 at 11:18 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

My wagering habits rarely change. My income is steady. I have more time to study the games. If anything, I may wager on less games, but as far as wagering goes, I hit a certain wagering limit per game years ago and it has remained the same ever since.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Not betting now... waiting till August

Too old to put the hours in... going to bed earlier , getting up later

More to life than grinding

jjgold

Sammy good move

I need to get my nerve back

loser711
    loser711's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 943

Either your a Player or your not.....successful gamblers Live for the Pressure.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by loser711 View Post
    Either your a Player or your not.....successful gamblers Live for the Pressure.
    great advice from a loser

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Define "Bigger Bet"

Sam Odom

hubie

remember when... JJ had $30K on the Oklahoma Sooners ? He posted that video a few years back

LOST

JJ never recovered

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    My wagering habits rarely change. My income is steady. I have more time to study the games. If anything, I may wager on less games, but as far as wagering goes, I hit a certain wagering limit per game years ago and it has remained the same ever since.

Already been shown you don't wager BigDaddy, already been shown you lie about making and winning wagers.

Just stop already kid, get your issues right, then come back and try to post again.

Even then, your integrity is shot.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Have a friend who actually made it as a professional sports gambler. He had money to deposit. Deposited $50,000 and bet just one game per week for the longest time. Just did a crapload of research and centered around one game that he felt was a sure bet. Didn't bet anything else. Put $5k down on that one game for 13 straight weeks. Ended up going 12-1. Ended up doubling his bank account and made basically one year's salary for the average person.

Upped his bets some, kept the same strategy and within 8 weeks had another $50k.

It can be done to live as a gambler. It's all about taking chances, being smart with your bets, doing homework, and sometimes getting lucky.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Definitely increasing bet size over the years while cutting volume
    I've been increasing bet size due to success and also increasing volume due the smaller edges we can ferret out all season long.

My bet size has reached a plateau across the online world, with some books getting more than others.

Also make trips to Nevada to settle with the houses there.

As long as I can continue to get those +30 units in college football every other year, things are more than fine with plenty of room for error.

That said, we need all the room we can get, because there is never plenty of room for error.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Have a friend who actually made it as a professional sports gambler. He had money to deposit. Deposited $50,000 and bet just one game per week for the longest time. Just did a crapload of research and centered around one game that he felt was a sure bet. Didn't bet anything else. Put $5k down on that one game for 13 straight weeks. Ended up going 12-1. Ended up doubling his bank account and made basically one year's salary for the average person.

Upped his bets some, kept the same strategy and within 8 weeks had another $50k.

It can be done to live as a gambler. It's all about taking chances, being smart with your bets, doing homework, and sometimes getting lucky.
    He probably left a lot of winners on the table.

He obviously left some losers too.

I find the volume is better to realize your edges and that if you can positively cap, there is also safety in numbers.

It really depends on the capping style, when determining how many and where to get down.
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

1k bets which are few and far between make the game a bit interesting

jjgold

I cannot even take 500 bets now

Shake like a leaf

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I cannot even take 500 bets now

Shake like a leaf

If you don't enjoy it for those reasons, you can back off and take a break.

Personally, I've gone through stages where I hate my work, even during times when I'm way up for a season.

Like any job, like any person, there are times it gets old, tiring, and the grass looks greener on the other side.

Having been on the other side, I still stick to the markets, always remembering the long term and realizing the short term is fleeting.

Call me Gold, maybe I can give you reason and motivation to get down again.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    1k bets which are few and far between make the game a bit interesting
    The game only get's interesting to me when my bets (much more than 1K) go down 18 units.

The challenge is the comeback as the units and bets don't really matter, unless you are betting out of your league or beyond your means.

That's a whole different ball game of stress.

For me, the weekly winning and losing is just the road to a destination. I don't pay much attention...lol.

In the end, money management is what keeps things steady and provides no need for the shakes.

Successful sports betting is not interesting, in fact it's boring as hell and takes patience.

Sam Odom

KVB

This shit is like drugs

One bump used to last 3-4 hrs... then you'll need a bump an hr... so on

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    KVB

This shit is like drugs

One bump used to last 3-4 hrs... then you'll need a bump an hr... so on
    Totally agree Sam.

It's when you don't feel that way, when it doesn't do that to you, that you have a chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ...Successful sports betting is not interesting, in fact it's boring as hell and takes patience.

TommieGunshot

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

I love this story. I'm going to do exactly what he did. Except instead of $50,000, I'll start with $500,000. I will win $1 million by November

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Can’t win big unless ya bet big.
    You can grind out wins over time betting small and staying consistent you can end up with big winnings after time.. Can hit a huge multi team parlay betting small also..

You don't always have to load up to win big. That's how you can lose your bank roll and then end up reloading.

Embrace the grind and stay funded I say!!

If you are losing gambler, bet a ton of futures when your balance is way up and you'll never have to reload again with that book. Just wait it out and win a future bet you have pending and your book is then instantly reloaded when one cashes.

jjgold

Betting big is a high better than cocaine but I don’t want it I don’t like the pressure

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

For me personally yes

I never thought I would at times bet 10 cents on big parlay payouts all documented here

Lol lol lol lol

TommieGunshot

Betting big is a high better than cocaine but I don’t want it I don’t like the pressure
    The cocaine you bought must have been broken. I get the same "high" from betting (whether $2 or $2,000) as I do from watching 1990s music videos on youtube. Both of them are just staring into a computer deciding what check out next. The only difference is one of them can make money. And making the equivalent of a part-time minimum wage job is not a "high"

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

For me personally yes

Nothing wrong w that. Other than the fact you have probably belittled lots of guys for the same type bets! My guess is you called them “hamburgers” ! Lol

12 Last