Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Was The Lowry Nudge Worth An Ejection & Possible Lifetime Ban? ❓

Hman

Considering the blow Lowry dealt the lady in the yellow shirt, Lowry got off easy.

The players have a right to do their jobs safely, but where do fans' rights come in, or do they at all?

They are the ones paying to fill the stands.

How can both parties be accommodated??

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Did they say he was with the press?

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Did they say he was with the press?

I think they did but not sure if he is/was

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

Big deal over nothing. If Lowry cannot take that less than nothing shove he should not be out there in the first place.....

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

I don't see reason for an ejection there. Just a warning not to touch the players is enough.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Hman. I’ll say this and move on. Guy had a great game last night but his court demeanor, flopping and crying for every call is now way indicative of a player from philly. I laugh when he’s announced like that. He went to a freaking catholic HS and grew up in the burbs. He’s a clown.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Hman. I’ll say this and move on. Guy had a great game last night but his court demeanor, flopping and crying for every call is now way indicative of a player from philly. I laugh when he’s announced like that. He went to a freaking catholic HS and grew up in the burbs. He’s a clown.

We're talking Lowry right?

I agree completely.

I never payed too much attention to Lowry this year until I found out a guy I know had been Betting on his unders each game in 3pointers made. Yes he has an occasional good game but since paying attention to this guy's wagers, I've found Lowry stinks it up more often than not.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Its worth it. Thats assault. No lifetime though

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!

What if lowry had slapped him? anywhere on his body as a reaction to him shoving him

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Its worth it. Thats assault. No lifetime though
    Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    What if lowry had slapped him? anywhere on his body as a reaction to him shoving him

True, but couldn't a good attorney argue that Lowry driving into and making contact with a fan could also be considered some type of assault or aggravated battery?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    True, but couldn't a good attorney argue that Lowry driving into and making contact with a fan could also be considered some type of assault or aggravated battery?
    You serious with this dumb shit?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bigtymer56 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kingdom, and Mac4Lyfe

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    You serious with this dumb shit?

How do you know it's dumb?

Because YOU think so??

It's never been challenged or gone that far.

It's a question and discussion, calm down.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

it was minor shove but you should not be allowed to shove him. what is ridiculous is getting banned for life from the cubs stadium for making the ok symbol.

fried cheese
    Update your status

you could probably sue the nba for having unsafe seating if you got injured. no way it is assault on lowry though unless you could prove his intent was to try to smack into someone in order to hurt them.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Sure, kick that old nerd out of there and give the seat to a real basketball fan, one that understands if you're sitting courtside there's an outside chance a player could possibly tumble into your elbow space. That geezer shoved Lowry away with disdain as if Lowry was going through his pockets or something. He was probably showing off for the woman, hoping for some action after the game.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Ejection? Yes!

Lifetime ban? No

Maybe a lifetime ban from court side seats but not from the arena.

The fan was way out of line there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    LOL

And I suppose you're the Fresh Prince, right off the streets and running from all your 'hood' crime!

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Hes got Thermuflu for an attorney he will get sentenced to death.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

wow what queers, it was nothing

Lowery Bi anyway
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

That's really dumb

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Sure, kick that old nerd out of there and give the seat to a real basketball fan, one that understands if you're sitting courtside there's an outside chance a player could possibly tumble into your elbow space. That geezer shoved Lowry away with disdain as if Lowry was going through his pockets or something. He was probably showing off for the woman, hoping for some action after the game.

I'm sure he was also pissed that the Warriors were losing.

I've seen some crazy fans in the stands at times.

One if the funniest was at a Tampa Bay Bucs game vs Minnesota i was sitting in the end zone.

Everyone was hitting a large beach ball back and forth.

It hits a Vikings fan and he's already aggravated because they're losing and he grabs the ball in anger and smashes it with both hands.

Provided a good laugh for everyone but this guy was as pissed off as anyone I've ever seen lol

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    you could probably sue the nba for having unsafe seating if you got injured. no way it is assault on lowry though unless you could prove his intent was to try to smack into someone in order to hurt them.

Just like with MLB and foul balls , the leagues and teams protect themselves with fine print on ticket . By using ticket to enter you agree to waive all liability .

They read something along the lines of this.

WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY: THE HOLDER OF ANY TICKET ISSUED BY THE WARRIORS VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND DANGER OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND ALL OTHER HAZARDS ARISING FROM OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE EVENT FOR WHICH THE TICKET IS ISSUED, HOWEVER SO CAUSED, WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LOL

And I suppose you're the Fresh Prince, right off the streets and running from all your 'hood' crime!
    Pipe down clown show. This wasn’t about me. Guy wouldn’t last 5 mins at a court on 25th & diamond - 33rd & Diamond or 19th & Washington which was my point.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Just like with MLB and foul balls , the leagues and teams protect themselves with fine print on ticket . By using ticket to enter you agree to waive all liability .

They read something along the lines of this.

WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY: THE HOLDER OF ANY TICKET ISSUED BY THE WARRIORS VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND DANGER OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND ALL OTHER HAZARDS ARISING FROM OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE EVENT FOR WHICH THE TICKET IS ISSUED, HOWEVER SO CAUSED, WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT.
    you can say you arent liable but that doesnt mean you arent liable. lots of things in the terms of service are not legal but they just try to trick ppl into thinking they have no legal case because they agreed to it so they dont sue.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Hman getting back on topic. Have a good friend who works in premium seating for Sixers. You have to sign waivers for injury from players crashing into you and such. Now not sure of legality of that and of course you have after market sales but interesting story indeed

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    you can say you arent liable but that doesnt mean you arent liable. lots of things in the terms of service are not legal but they just try to trick ppl into thinking they have no legal case because they agreed to it so they dont sue.
    Assumption of risk is a real thing

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be an ejection and probably a ban from ever sitting courtside. The guy obviously can’t handle that type of situation.

A ban from the stadium altogether? I wouldn’t say so. But this day and age, I could see it.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

absolutely not . he is doing his job. and the key thing is it is not intentional

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    absolutely not . he is doing his job. and the key thing is it is not intentional

Assault or battery?

Yeah go look up how the law is written on those charges

MrSink

lifetime ban is strict though . However noone pointed out that in this case lifetime will last maximum 2 more games

MrSink

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Assault or battery?

Yeah go look up how the law is written on those charges
    it is not assault in any way

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Hes got Thermuflu for an attorney he will get sentenced to death.
    Fuk off

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

He was trying to act tough in front of the broad and it didn't work out for him is all..

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

This conversation just shows how soft the NBA is, the NHL and NFL would laugh at players trying to get fans banned for a push, he didn't spill beer or punch the person, he just pushed him in the heat of the moment, who cares, the guy already lost out on being able to watch the 4th quarter of a game when he paid 6 figures for tickets if he's not a season ticket holder.

123 Last