MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Your post is so wrong.

The first game vs Cincinnati they were up 20-0 at the hf.

The second one the game was practically a pkem. Cincinnati was actually the better team that year and if Tim krumrie didn't break his leg in the first qtr the Bengals win.

They trailed Mia after one qtr? So what.? They destroyed them and Denver and SD. You forgot that one. Biggest shit kicking.

The cowboys were dominant. Now you blaming there dynasty on who they played in the final?

Did they get to play a 9-7 team in the final ever?

Niners won 5 bowls not 3. You made my point as well on how good the skins and gmen were. That's why what SF did was so amazing.

For all of the pats greatness they just reached the ten win in a row record held by the niners
    You referenced the Montana 49ers, not the Young team 5 years later

To suggest that a team with arguably the best safety ever, best WR ever, best QB ever and HOF players at RB, WR(2)OL, LB, DB is a better 'dynasty' because they won 4 SB in 10 years doesn't factor in the 1- 6 years they missed out, not even making NFC championship in most of those, and the precipitous decline.

Dallas the same. HOF QB, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, DB

Who, besides Brady and Gronk here, are going into the HOF as Patriots?

The Patriots, even when not in the SB, are in the conference championship annually. It's remarkable, it's literally 20 years with no decline and no let downs (in terms of not being there for a trip to the SB)

Aikmans Cowboys were a great squad for 5 years, you gonna really say that's more impressive or has a better ring to it than how history will treat this NE thing in the future?

Not to diminish your point, but consider that today the league is salary cap based to ensure parity as well, in the 80s & early 90s you could buy talent as needed (see Haley to Dal or Sanders to SF). It's not uncommon to see teams that win a SB literally dismantled in 3 years

Enjoy NE while you can. You'll never see this type of excellence again. Personally, I'm on the Rams because of the DLine, but it takes nothing away from the fact that NE just wins, year after year

They are thr greatest football club of the 21st century and the team is thd ultimate football stoty

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    You referenced the Montana 49ers, not the Young team 5 years later

To suggest that a team with arguably the best safety ever, best WR ever, best QB ever and HOF players at RB, WR(2)OL, LB, DB is a better 'dynasty' because they won 4 SB in 10 years doesn't factor in the 1- 6 years they missed out, not even making NFC championship in most of those, and the precipitous decline.

Dallas the same. HOF QB, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, DB

Who, besides Brady and Gronk here, are going into the HOF as Patriots?

The Patriots, even when not in the SB, are in the conference championship annually. It's remarkable, it's literally 20 years with no decline and no let downs (in terms of not being there for a trip to the SB)

Aikmans Cowboys were a great squad for 5 years, you gonna really say that's more impressive or has a better ring to it than how history will treat this NE thing in the future?

Not to diminish your point, but consider that today the league is salary cap based to ensure parity as well, in the 80s & early 90s you could buy talent as needed (see Haley to Dal or Sanders to SF). It's not uncommon to see teams that win a SB literally dismantled in 3 years

Enjoy NE while you can. You'll never see this type of excellence again. Personally, I'm on the Rams because of the DLine, but it takes nothing away from the fact that NE just wins, year after year

They are thr greatest football club of the 21st century and the team is thd ultimate football stoty
    We can go on about this all night. I'm not denying the pats greatness. I attribute that more to Bill b. He is the greatest coach ever. He is a Mastermind. He actually was in charge of that great Giants defense. That defense shut down the niners and bills in b2b games. Two of the greatest offensive teams up to that point.

Now you want to talk Hof players for Dallas? They beat the bills b2b bowls. Look how many Hof players the bills had? Kelly, smith, Thomas, Reed and lofton. A Hof head coach in levy as well. Let's not act like Dallas had it easy. They beat some very good niners teams and packers teams to get there as well.

Yes the niners won 4/9 years in the Montana era and the reason they didn't win more was because they had to go through Gibbs and that great skins squad, the great Giants teams and the bears as well. The pats never had to go through a group of teams like that in there conference before even getting to the bowl. That's what makes what the niners did even better. If the niners were in the same era with these weak rules designed to help offenses they would have won 10 Superbowl titles.

What the pats have done is incredible for sure. They have found and developed people that fit there efficient system. Tom Brady is the greatest game manager ever. He stays true to the plan. They exploit other teams weaknesses better then anyone and they manage the game.

If you look at what the pats have done consistently is they have always had a rb or two who is big and can push forward for yards and kill clock. Belichick has had this plan for years. They won the first 3 like that. Don't forget they didn't win a Superbowl for 10 years after the first 3.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Patriots have gone through several great teams during their dynasty, Lakerboy.

The Colts and Peyton Manning.
    The Steelers and Big Ben.
    The Ravens and their defense.
    And not to mention every other team that thought they had a chance (Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, etc.)

This is the most dominant sports dynasty we have ever seen.

18 years and they just keep chugging along. They have lots of draft picks coming next year, and a couple of injured players returning. This dynasty may outlive us all.

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I usually study different prop wagers to get the feeling or flow of what may happen during the Super Bowl.

1 prop wager that stands out....

Will the game ever be tied again after 0-0

Yes -120
    No +100

I'm a huge believer in the juice going to the house... books know how to rack in the dough.

I just feel this game may never be tied again.... does this indicate a blow out?? Or double digit lead throughout the game? Does it ever get close??? Just food for thought.
    thats a lot like the 3 consecutive score prop. Yes is always juiced heavily and you think that it won’t happen, but it does.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The Patriots have gone through several great teams during their dynasty, Lakerboy.

And not to mention every other team that thought they had a chance (Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, etc.)

18 years and they just keep chugging along. They have lots of draft picks coming next year, and a couple of injured players returning. This dynasty may outlive us all.
    No doubt about what you said Giant. Patriots are the most dominant franchise ever..... there's only one thing I question this year... than all of them. And that's pure raw desire to win the Super Bowl.

Brady is a genius on the field... like a second head coach. We all know he wants another ring. What about his supporting cast? Out of all the years of watching the Patriots... this is the most "Blah" season in a long time. They really don't have an ACE WR.... and how much can Gronk handle during the last game of the year? Is he mentally focused? You go through all the 2 week before the Super Bowl material... and the only person really talking about wanting it hard core is Brady. Wade Philips isn't going to give Brady a free ride... someone other than Brady needs to come through.

I'd like to see how New England deals with the defensive line of L.A.... Passing and running won't be easy. If Brady doesn't get time.... he's not the same QB. Suh and Donald... sh#$... you know damn well they going ALL OUT. lol I just know that from when Suh played for Detroit. The guy is going to be one of the hungriest guys out on that field.

And that's my entire point about this match up... who wants it more? Everyone wagering New England because they've BEEN THERE. I get that... but how bad do they want it?

IMO.... the check down to either Gurley or Anderson will be there the entire game.... if Goff just wants to play it safe... it's going to be there... I promise you. This will wear down New England... and if Rams want to run the ball.... New England won't be able to stop that either.

New England's only hope... KEY TURNOVERS by Goff. And fumbles by Gurley and Anderson. It's the only way. Brady will need some type of help. This is one Super Bowl he can't do it alone.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Vigs View Post
    thats a lot like the 3 consecutive score prop. Yes is always juiced heavily and you think that it won’t happen, but it does.
    I think both the pats and chiefs scored three times in a row and the saints did as well....happens a lot more than we think

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Let me put it another way....

I'm more scared of a Drew Brees New Orleans style offense VS the Rams....

Than a Tom Brady New England style.

Hate to say it like that.... but Drew Brees is far more dangerous.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

I cant wait till this Sunday

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    My biggest issue with this so called Dynasty is that they never really beat anyone in the bowl easily.

Great teams destroy the opposition. The Montana niners did that. The aikman cowboys did that.

This pats offensive line is the best they every assembled. The running game is great. D is not bad.

The Rams should be an easy win.

Can they finally do it?
    I doubt it’s a blow out man.

super bowls are usually close.

Honestly this is not one of the better Patriot teams they just lucked out playing the Chiefs who don’t play any defense at all.

what makes you the Pats win big?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    I cant wait till this Sunday
    Whats your pick?

i dont know why so far I can’t get excited for this game

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

you actually think the riggedFL is going to let a blow out happen? C'mon dude. Get real here. This is fantasy scripted entertainment. The only big lead that will happen is early in the game and it will be 18 pts at most. This shit is fake. Get a clue

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    you actually think the riggedFL is going to let a blow out happen? C'mon dude. Get real here. This is fantasy scripted entertainment. The only big lead that will happen is early in the game and it will be 18 pts at most. This shit is fake. Get a clue
    I think I agree with this.

a blowout would be a ratings disaster too much money on the line for the NFL to let a blowout happpen

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Juventus has 11 championships in the same period. Bayern Munich has 13 championships in the same period.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I think I agree with this.

a blowout would be a ratings disaster too much money on the line for the NFL to let a blowout happpen
    The refs were told by NFL to keep the game close and only interfere if Rams are up in the last quarter and Brady needs help to score the winning touchdown.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Juventus has 11 championships in the same period. Bayern Munich has 13 championships in the same period.
    Think you are referring to Soccer Pav. One quick ?? for you.

What is the salary cap rules in those leagues?

Apples/Oranges, no?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Think you are referring to Soccer Pav. One quick ?? for you.

What is the salary cap rules in those leagues?

Apples/Oranges, no?
    There is no salary cap. The teams are independent. They don't have to report to the other owners or a league commisioner. They negotiate their own advertising deals.

First 12