Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Oklahoma blows

Bama gonna score 60 on em
    Sooners will score on Bama too. Watch

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

I will go to my grave believing that 2015 season ohio state was the best team but they lost on a cold gray day in Columbus in Nov to much state and they did not make the playoff. Tough cookies. Didn't do enough. They were the best that year imo but bama beat Clemson for the title and that's what the history books say. I'm fine w it

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What really creaks me us is the fact that these guys try to sound like they know something about College Football and they do not have a clue. I have seen people pick UCF for the Sugar Bowl (which can NEVER happen unless they join the SEC or Big 12). Homers are the worst. First, they are all air bettors because they would not last a year if they were real bettors. Next, they think that their team (or conference if there team is that bad) is the greatest around. I love how the Big 10 homers take shots at the SEC teams. Yet the Big 10 has NOT so much s scored a point in the last 4 Playoff s, and failed to appear in the last 2.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

thank goodness bbq chimed in

i've never actually read anything he's said, but i'm 100% confident that it's correct

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Under the current criteria, they absolutely got it right.

The criteria however, needs to be changed. There are 8 teams that imo deserve a shot at the BCS Championship.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

It is right. If you can't even win your own conference championship you have zero business in the playoff.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    It is right. If you can't even win your own conference championship you have zero business in the playoff.
    So Notre Dame should be out and Ohio St should be in.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Without question the 4 teams that earned it.
    well said, earned is key word. we all know the best doesnt win all the time, a better team loses to a worse team sometimes but in order to have a fair season you have to reward those who win the one who was better on that day its all we can go by. with that said dame still is kind of a problem for me think there was a conference that didnt have a championship then they added one. but dame and 5 other teams like them are still independent and benefit from not having a conf. championship in a year like this
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-02-18 at 05:48 PM.

jtoler

saban would have 2 less chips

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

If the purpose was to pick the four best teams, they failed. Should have taken Georgia.

If a Conference Championship was so important, should have taken Ohio State over Notre Dame.

If record mattered, should have taken the undefeated team.

If all they cared about was profits over anything else, they probably did get it right

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So Notre Dame should be out and Ohio St should be in.
    This doesn't even make sense. ND is independent in football and is undefeated.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If SEC didn't have a championship game both Alabama and Georgia would be in as they were #1 and #4 prior to the game. Notre Dame didn't drop a spot even though they did not play. How can you reward a team who didn't play and penalize a team who played the #1 and almost beat them?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Alabama line moving down. Assuming Tua is ok, this may be the play of the year for me.

Part of me thinks ND hangs with Clemson. Still not sure how good Clemson really is. Best team they’ve played is Boston College. How could you know?
    if you are talking about clemson they barely beat a m at tex am

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Of course they got it right. The teams they picked lost one game combined. People were clamoring for a team that lost double that on there own.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

There is a way to fix this. If a team is independent they should be forced to play a play in game for the playoff like they do in hoops. Maybe Ohio St should play Notre Dame next week to decide who gets in the playoff. You can not be rewarded by playing one less game and being idle when everyone is fighting a battle to get in.

unde0087
    Did we win?

If SEC didn't have a championship game both Alabama and Georgia would be in as they were #1 and #4 prior to the game. Notre Dame didn't drop a spot even though they did not play. How can you reward a team who didn't play and penalize a team who played the #1 and almost beat them?
    Why would an undefeated team drop a spot when they are idle? The stupidest shit I have heard in awhile. You want a 2 loss team in over a team that didn't lose a game?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Nope

Georgia would smack everyone but Alabama

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

ND should be disqualified until they join a conference and not act like they are better than everyone else

oh and if you disagree....fuk off
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer, daneblazer, and 19th Hole

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Should be some interesting games to say the least!

unde0087
    Did we win?

There is a way to fix this. If a team is independent they should be forced to play a play in game for the playoff like they do in hoops. Maybe Ohio St should play Notre Dame next week to decide who gets in the playoff. You can not be rewarded by playing one less game and being idle when everyone is fighting a battle to get in.
    Ya, I would tell OSU, don't lose to a pussy ass NW team during the regular season and you wouldn't be on the outside looking in. Win the games on your schedule instead of making excuses after the fact. Problem solved.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

if tua doesn't play alabama isn't the same. If he doesn't play last yr. alabama loses. As far as o.s.u.... they didn't dominate nwestern so the deserve their fate. Ga wasn't the best team when they lost to lsu. They lost to the back up qb from alabama 2 years in a row. I want notre dame to play because i hate kelly. I will be going home to watch it with a bunch of notre dame guys. If notre dame plays well I will take a bunch of shit.
    Seen a thing on the internet that says whatever team is ranked 1st at the 1st college playoff ranking(which was alabama) has never won. So going to put hundy on clemson and okla. to win it all

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

In other words you wanf more team playoff? Lol

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Seen a thing on the internet that says whatever team is ranked 1st at the 1st college playoff ranking(which was alabama) has never won. So going to put hundy on clemson and okla. to win it all
    interesting hard to believe thats never happened before but if ur talking playoff ranking its only a few years old so I guess so

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Nope

Georgia would smack everyone but Alabama
    Umm yea but they just lost to Bama in what was essentually a playoff game!! How many chances should they get??? After Bama beats sooners should we add another week and let sooners try again??

Of course uga is better than these other teams, but they just had same chance the rest will have. What more do ya want??

TommieGunshot

If that's the only thing in support of Notre Dame, than UCF should have made it over Oklahoma

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OU
    Top 30 schedule.
    4 wins over ranked teams

UCF
    86th ranked schedule
    0 wins over ranked teams.

Yes, the committee got it right. I really hope the majority of SBR is on Bama. It will make me feel better about OU. If Hollywood’s foot is ok, OU will have the two fastest players on the field.

What gives Saban trouble?

BigDofBA

BTW, the last time OU played Bama a few years ago they were a 17.5 point dog and won the game 45-31.

That Bama team had way more NFL talent than this one.

I realize that game has nothing to do with this game. I’m just saying that Saban has struggled with Offenses like this in the past.

I’m not predicting OU to win, but I would give OU more than a puncher’s chance in this game.

If Bama goes right down the field and scores, OU won’t care. They’re used to that.

If OU starts lighting up the scoreboard and Bama has to keep up, it won’t be comfortable for Bama. That’s when OU’s Bad defense starts forcing turnovers. I hope that’s what happens.

This will be far be the best offense Bama has faced all year. They aren’t playing an LSU team that try’s to pound the ball for 2-3 yards every down. OU will apply pressure all over the field.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is what you losers fail to understand. Almost does NOT count. This is not Horseshoes (though I know one or more must have hit you in your head). You either win or you lose. NO more f**king excuses you pathetic people. It is about time you little wusses became men. Stop your f**king crying and accept the hand dealt to you. There is NOTHING, repeat NOTHING that you little girls can do to change things. No one cares what you want or think. Talk about the games, not about who should be playing who.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

With this limited system they got it right. But it should be more obvious now than ever that we need an 8-team playoff! Then OSU, UGA, Mich, & UCF get in - No complaints. A few more games mean more money for the NCAA - a win-win for all! Can't believe its taken this long - 8 is the perfect number for the postseason!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    With this limited system they got it right. But it should be more obvious now than ever that we need an 8-team playoff! Then OSU, UGA, Mich, & UCF get in - No complaints. A few more games mean more money for the NCAA - a win-win for all! Can't believe its taken this long - 8 is the perfect number for the postseason!
    Do we really need to see more of Michigan? I don’t. The more teams you add the more you take away from the regular season. I like that games mean something during the season; so when you supposed to be a great defensive team and osu hangs 60 on ya you are out!!! Lose to Purdue by 20+ good chance you are out!! Lose to Bama that was your playoff chance, you are out. Play ucf schedule and fukk off you were never in!!!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    No one cares what you want or think. Talk about the games, not about who should be playing who.
    I kind of feel like you care....just based on your paragraph long response.

TommieGunshot

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OU
    Top 30 schedule.
    4 wins over ranked teams

UCF
    86th ranked schedule
    0 wins over ranked teams.

Yes, the committee got it right. I really hope the majority of SBR is on Bama. It will make me feel better about OU. If Hollywood’s foot is ok, OU will have the two fastest players on the field.

What gives Saban trouble?
    Georgia
    Top 1 schedule
    four wins over ranked teams

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Georgia
    Top 1 schedule
    They just lost their playoff game, I can’t get past how many chances ya’ll seem to think uga should get in a row?

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

They got it right but only because everything fell into place with all the favorites winning their conference title games. No way they could let Georgia get in over an undefeated Notre Dame or a Big XII champion Oklahoma with only 1 loss so they put the 4 teams in that made the most sense. Now if you ask me whether I think Georgia would beat Oklahoma or Notre Dame I'd probably answer yes but thats my own opinion which doesn't matter.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave jrgum3 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Georgia
    Top 1 schedule
    I agree they’re one of the 4 best teams. With that said, they lost twice and don’t deserve to be in. They had their chance yesterday.

That would really be screwing Bama for winning the SEC championship game and it would be rewarding Georgia for losing.

Congrats on beating Georgia Bama. As a reward for being #1, you have to beat Georgia again in the first round.

First 1234 Last