How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Is there anything I can do with it ?

So , I made a bet yesterday on the pistons-hornets game
    Basketball props
    NBA
    Charlotte Hornets vs Detroit Pistons

Kemba Walker (Pts+Rebs+Asts)(must start)
    Over 35.5 PointsReboundsAssist

I took the over 35.5 ,
    Kemba ended with 24 pts , 8 assists , 3 rebounds .
    means 35 which I lost
    One issue I got with it is that during the 1st quarter that was a play that Kemba didnt awarded for a rebound he made . Ill let u look at the replay and tell me what do u think , and if so is anything to do with it ..
    http://www.nbahdreplay.com/nbareplay/48540/
    4:37 mark .
    please let me know , ty .

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

not a rebound and they prob go with the official boxscore for grading purposes

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Maybe I misunderstand but he doesn't seem to be involved in the rebound at 4:37

He's wearing #15 eh?

MoYaL

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Maybe I misunderstand but he doesn't seem to be involved in the rebound at 4:37

He's wearing #15 eh?
    Ya #15.

MoYaL

Quote Originally Posted by MoYaL View Post
    Ya #15.
    He was the first one who had control of the ball after the miss which is the defenition of rebound , no ?

MoYaL

whats funny was I checked the Boxscore on ESPN during the 1st quarter and did they actually awarded it to him as I thought .

Optional

He was the first one who had control of the ball after the miss which is the defenition of rebound , no ?
    OIC what you mean now.

whats funny was I checked the Boxscore on ESPN during the 1st quarter and did they actually awarded it to him as I thought .
    Confused again. If you see it counted on the box score, why do you think this is the one now missed?

Or are you saying ESPN boxscore is different to NBA.com?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

think lamb gets the rebound as he his passing the ball all in one motion

MoYaL

OIC what you mean now.
    Confused again. If you see it counted on the box score, why do you think this is the one now missed?

Or are you saying ESPN boxscore is different to NBA.com?
    Well ESPN has it the same as NBA.COM
    but during the match they had it to walker , then correct it as NBA.COM

Optional

Well ESPN has it the same as NBA.COM
    but during the match they had it to walker , then correct it as NBA.COM
    I think that might make it a bit tough to argue. If it was a corrected "error". Meaning someone already re-looked at it from NBA.

But can't hurt to ask. I assume this is Pinny?

MoYaL

I think that might make it a bit tough to argue. If it was a corrected "error". Meaning someone already re-looked at it from NBA.

But can't hurt to ask. I assume this is Pinny?
    ya I just emailed them .. waiting for answer :
    "We already forwarded your concern to appropriate department.
    Once we receive information about this,we will contact you immediately.
    "

Its a big deal for me because its a 830$ swing , and Im flat broke besides this ... either way Im an idiot who needs to get his life together .. just fraustrating when shit like this happens .

Optional

That sucks mate. Last I saw you, you were on a high too.

MoYaL

That sucks mate. Last I saw you, you were on a high too.
    I wish I had someone who I can reach to and he would understand me ...
    Its been horrid 4 years now which I learned alot about myself and about life in general but yet I cant get my shit together ... my life right now at the bottom of the barrel .. its hard to raise ur head when you have destructed every possible thing in ur life ... no matter how hard u try the emotions are always get the better of me ... I was thinking yesterday to take a 3 months break from the game even tho it painful , But there is no point keep going the way Im controling myself right now , just pathetic .

Optional

I wish I had someone who I can reach to and he would understand me ...
    Its been horrid 4 years now which I learned alot about myself and about life in general but yet I cant get my shit together ... my life right now at the bottom of the barrel .. its hard to raise ur head when you have destructed every possible thing in ur life ... no matter how hard u try the emotions are always get the better of me ... I was thinking yesterday to take a 3 months break from the game even tho it painful , But there is no point keep going the way Im controling myself right now , just pathetic .
    I feel for you. Don't have the solution but changing routine is the start of changing bad habits so sounds like tomorrow is going to better than today for you already.

MoYaL

pinny just emailed this :

Our Grading Department informs us your wager has been graded correctly.

That rebound was credited to Jeremy Lamb because he tapped it to Kemba Walker.

.. Its a lost battle , pretty much nothing can be done , I would never credit the rebound there to Lamb , but again , NBA says diffrently.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Every book usually states who they use for official box scores and they don’t have any discretion on changing that. So if anything gripe would be with the scorers at the game

ans61201

By the way, according to rules that was a lamb rebound. The rule was modified I believe 10ish years ago, (when Marcus Camby played for the Trail Blazers-there was a huge thing about how these were graded in Portland which is why I remember)

Anyhow controlled tips, or tapouts are rebounds. So if they deem he directed that tip to Kemba its lambs board. So when you see Tyson chandler tapping out those rebounds to laker players he’s getting credit not whoever the lucky recipient who just happens to be standing out by the 3 point line.

Tough break

MoYaL

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Every book usually states who they use for official box scores and they don’t have any discretion on changing that. So if anything gripe would be with the scorers at the game
    whats funny even after what you said if u check during the 1st time out at the game the box score at the game looked it :

as u can see Walker has 1 rebound so he did actually got rewarded for it and also ESPN rewarded him too , but somehow they took it off which I cant understand why ...

MoYaL

By the way, according to rules that was a lamb rebound. The rule was modified I believe 10ish years ago, (when Marcus Camby played for the Trail Blazers-there was a huge thing about how these were graded in Portland which is why I remember)

Anyhow controlled tips, or tapouts are rebounds. So if they deem he directed that tip to Kemba its lambs board. So when you see Tyson chandler tapping out those rebounds to laker players he’s getting credit not whoever the lucky recipient who just happens to be standing out by the 3 point line.

Tough break
    I think there is a big diffrence between an offensive rebound to defensive rebound . what Chandler/Camby doing is at the offensive end ,
    Defensive rebound defenition is :
    1. A defensive rebound occurs in basketball when a defensive player gains possession of the basketball after an offensive player misses a field goal or free throw attempt.

the only guy who gained possession right there was walker , the Lamb tip could've got to anyone really guy never had possession , hence the shot clock start start running just when walker had the ball in his hands ... this is just not fair , but there is not much I can do .

ans61201

whats funny even after what you said if u check during the 1st time out at the game the box score at the game looked it :

as u can see Walker has 1 rebound so he did actually got rewarded for it and also ESPN rewarded him too , but somehow they took it off which I cant understand why ...

Very common for stat guys to go back checks replays and change and correct errors during the game. Sometimes even days later. LeBron has a triple double changed a couple hours after a game before. I’d say a stat change happens at least once per day

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

You must be going through a bad rough patch to review the game when box score from nba is final, hang in there man you will find some luck soon

ans61201

I think there is a big diffrence between an offensive rebound to defensive rebound . what Chandler/Camby doing is at the offensive end ,
    Defensive rebound defenition is :
    1. A defensive rebound occurs in basketball when a defensive player gains possession of the basketball after an offensive player misses a field goal or free throw attempt.

the only guy who gained possession right there was walker , the Lamb tip could've got to anyone really guy never had possession , hence the shot clock start start running just when walker had the ball in his hands ... this is just not fair , but there is not much I can do .

The rule of controlled tip is no different of offensive and defensive rebounds. Controlled is at discretion of the stat keepers, if they deem it was a controlled tip it’s the tippers rebound.

Just like a steal, If Lonzo hits the ball out of opposing point guards hand but Ingram picks it off the floor it’s Lonzos steal although he never gained possession. Same concept.

It suxks now because you lost a bet by .5 so I totally get it, I’d want the board too, just by definition that’s why the stat keeper awarded lamb.

MoYaL

The rule of controlled tip is no different of offensive and defensive rebounds. Controlled is at discretion of the stat keepers, if they deem it was a controlled tip it’s the tippers rebound.

Just like a steal, If Lonzo hits the ball out of opposing point guards hand but Ingram picks it off the floor it’s Lonzos steal although he never gained possession. Same concept.

It suxks now because you lost a bet by .5 so I totally get it, I’d want the board too, just by definition that’s why the stat keeper awarded lamb.
    So u basically saying if a pistons player pick the Lamb tip , Lamb should be rewarded with a turnover as well ?
    it doesnt make sense , I get where ur going but its one of those times where u can twist it one way or the other .
    I've got nothing else better to do rather to accept it ..

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Prop players are at the mercy of the statistician. Mistakes happen both ways so over the long run you’ll break even with stat corrections. They are trained to review any questionable plays at the end of each quarter and make the correction so that’s what happened in this case. Sometimes the NBA will issue a correction the next day which is a real bitch.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

These bad breaks always seem to happen when you're at the bottom. They can actually be turned into good breaks though if it causes a change in your life. Best of luck guy. Just remember to never bet money you can't afford to lose.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

go help someone today

you will feel better

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Go to gamblers anonymous real simple you make your own problems

ans61201

So u basically saying if a pistons player pick the Lamb tip , Lamb should be rewarded with a turnover as well ?
    it doesnt make sense , I get where ur going but its one of those times where u can twist it one way or the other .
    I've got nothing else better to do rather to accept it ..
    Of course not. You wouldn’t “control a tip” to the other team. They would rule you didn’t control it. I’m not telling you what I think I’m tellint you the rules of the stats you’re upset about. I get it, it sucks. The nba wanted to credit the big man getting those tips instead of the random player recovering it

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Lol..the worse beats are in nba where they change the ruling during a quarter break from 2 pointer to 3 or vice versus...props though for being so observant as I can’t bear to watch nba until 4th quarter

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Go to gamblers anonymous real simple you make your own problems
    lol dang jj

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We all got battered around gambling

There comes a time you have to do something about it if it gets out of hand