1. #1
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Everytime I go to Vegas it's a brand new monster. From the old days of eating the buffet at the Sahara to now, it's always changing.

    I've got an Airbnb with 4 buds in a pimping house with a pool and a hot tub about a half mile from the strip. What's the bars clubs I need to know about? The restaurants or secret tricks with the dealers oe waitresses?

    It's been a hot minute so I'm just trying to prep before the trip. I know a lot of you guys are Vegas Pros. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by thechaoz; 04-22-18 at 06:45 PM.

  2. #2
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    You sound like a 1st class rookie

  3. #3
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,862
    Betpoints: 192573

    Don't take a cab to a strip club, they will usually send a limo for free and you won't pay a cover so tip to the driver is all it costs

    If you play BJ make sure a BJ pays 3 to 2 before you play, a lot of layouts don't even say BJ pays 6:5 anymore and it's a huge difference in game edge

    Don't buy hookers, ur group should spend that money buying drinks for small gaggles of girls looking to fuk. Always plenty in Vegas.

  4. #4
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You sound like a 1st class rookie
    Post about being a rookie and wanting help, then mid shift weekend JJ tells me I'm a rookie and need help.

    Thanks bud!
    Last edited by thechaoz; 04-22-18 at 06:46 PM.

  5. #5
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Don't take a cab to a strip club, they will usually send a limo for free and you won't pay a cover so tip to the driver is all it costs

    If you play BJ make sure a BJ pays 3 to 2 before you play, a lot of layouts don't even say BJ pays 6:5 anymore and it's a huge difference in game edge

    Don't buy hookers, ur group should spend that money buying drinks for small gaggles of girls looking to fuk. Always plenty in Vegas.
    Ok sounds good. Was familiar with the last 2 but the first I've never heard of.

    I'm flying in my ex gf for fun but the group I talking about all these day trips out of town which I have no interest in.

    I'm looking for drinking, gambling and penetrating.

  6. #6
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Whilly had a good point, check the odds before you sit down and play. When you play on the strip, they now try to screw you over if you bet say $25 and below. Once you bet more, the table is normal.

    The casino always sends a limo to pick us up and drop us off, but for getting around we use UBer, its quicker and cheaper. They are everywhere in vegas.

    I'm not much of a club person, so can't help you on that note.

    What part of the strip will you be staying, north or south? I can give you eating recommendations.

  7. #7
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Whilly had a good point, check the odds before you sit down and play. When you play on the strip, they now try to screw you over if you bet say $25 and below. Once you bet more, the table is normal.

    The casino always sends a limo to pick us up and drop us off, but for getting around we use UBer, its quicker and cheaper. They are everywhere in vegas.

    I'm not much of a club person, so can't help you on that note.

    What part of the strip will you be staying, north or south? I can give you eating recommendations.
    Nearest to Mirage /NO/Luxor

  8. #8
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,862
    Betpoints: 192573

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Whilly had a good point, check the odds before you sit down and play. When you play on the strip, they now try to screw you over if you bet say $25 and below. Once you bet more, the table is normal.
    I thought that too until I was playing a $25 table at Cosmopolitan and they paid me $240 for my $200 BJ. I can't remember if 6:5 was printed nowhere or in small print at the bottom of the limits sign but it was not at all obvious.

    A few pits over paid 3:2 with the same table limit. Might have been 6 decks vs. 8 decks, I'm not sure but I immediately got up and left of course.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave dlowilly 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  9. #9
    jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-24-10
    Posts: 3,832
    Betpoints: 11020

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I thought that too until I was playing a $25 table at Cosmopolitan and they paid me $240 for my $200 BJ. I can't remember if 6:5 was printed nowhere or in small print at the bottom of the limits sign but it was not at all obvious.

    A few pits over paid 3:2 with the same table limit. Might have been 6 decks vs. 8 decks, I'm not sure but I immediately got up and left of course.
    I rarely play Blackjack but it’s always my first question if I don’t see it on the table...

  10. #10
    pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-15
    Posts: 17,889
    Betpoints: 1717

    Stay in trump hotel nicest spot in Vegas

  11. #11
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    No such thing as getting laid by random girls unless she is on drugs or drunk and still real hard

    If your look like Ronaldo maybe 49% chance

    Such a myth about Vegas

  12. #12
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,862
    Betpoints: 192573

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No such thing as getting laid by random girls unless she is on drugs or drunk and still real hard

    If your look like Ronaldo maybe 49% chance

    Such a myth about Vegas
    Wrong. Of course yeah usually girls looking for rooster will be partying and drinking too.

    Everyone doesn't live in your snaggle toothed reality JJ

  13. #13
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 33,633
    Betpoints: 13718

    Just go play at Rampart

  14. #14
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I thought that too until I was playing a $25 table at Cosmopolitan and they paid me $240 for my $200 BJ. I can't remember if 6:5 was printed nowhere or in small print at the bottom of the limits sign but it was not at all obvious.

    A few pits over paid 3:2 with the same table limit. Might have been 6 decks vs. 8 decks, I'm not sure but I immediately got up and left of course.
    Any joints you prefer over the other? I'll be all over the strip so I can make the trek

  15. #15
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Stay in trump hotel nicest spot in Vegas
    We got a 4 bedroom pimp house with a pool and hottub for about $120 a night on air bnb. I think that should suffice ;-)

  16. #16
    SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-18
    Posts: 3,934
    Betpoints: 2969

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No such thing as getting laid by random girls unless she is on drugs or drunk and still real hard

    If your look like Ronaldo maybe 49% chance

    Such a myth about Vegas
    maybe for old farts, but if you are young, neat dressed and have a few bucks. a group of guys will get to party with a group of girl's
    and have a good chance of getting some action

  17. #17
    SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-18
    Posts: 3,934
    Betpoints: 2969

    if you're going to check out any strip clubs, even though it's most likely the best, stay away from the Spearmint Rhino. it's so over-priced
    and you will be able to find something with better value
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave SBR Tony 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  18. #18
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I thought that too until I was playing a $25 table at Cosmopolitan and they paid me $240 for my $200 BJ. I can't remember if 6:5 was printed nowhere or in small print at the bottom of the limits sign but it was not at all obvious.

    A few pits over paid 3:2 with the same table limit. Might have been 6 decks vs. 8 decks, I'm not sure but I immediately got up and left of course.
    I play at the Mirage/Aria/MGM, you have to look at certain tables at different pits. At least, at those hotels, the tables that are normally $100 min or $50 won't have BJ 6:5

    However, if by chance on a busy night a table that is normally $15 or $25 may be 50, but the 6:5 will still be printed on the table. They are sneaky with it, but just look around, there are a few tables left for higher limit players.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave Fire in da hole 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  19. #19
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Wrong. Of course yeah usually girls looking for rooster will be partying and drinking too.

    Everyone doesn't live in your snaggle toothed reality JJ
    Yeah I'm not Ronaldo but if I had a nickel everytime a broad told me I look like Adam Levine? That singer guy in Maroon 5,I'd have about 5 bucks. It usual leads to sex /filirting/dating so it's a "good thing".

    I can handle that. Honestly I'm more of a bar/dive bar guy but I get Vegas is more about Djs and shit I'm sure which is fine. I'm huge into EDM so I can hold my own.

    Just the looking for the "places to go" or little tips and tricks at clubs/bars/restaurants/casinos/waitresses that will make my trip smoother. Thanks for your advice

  20. #20
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Any joints you prefer over the other? I'll be all over the strip so I can make the trek
    If you aren't playing high limits, do not go to the fancy casinos. You are much better off gambling at the mid-level casinos.

    They will comp you much more based on your play than the top notch casinos.

  21. #21
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    If you aren't playing high limits, do not go to the fancy casinos. You are much better off gambling at the mid-level casinos.

    They will comp you much more based on your play than the top notch casinos.
    I play about $25 a hand on average. Frankly my friends might want to play lower like $10 because 2/3 are kind of noobs. What are some better "mid level" or low casinos. I don't care if it's divey, as long as it's legit and 3:2

  22. #22
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Any joints you prefer over the other? I'll be all over the strip so I can make the trek
    Also, whatever sportsbook you go to, make sure and get the drink tickets.

    The days of just sitting and drinking all day are long over.

    If you don't get a ticket, they will charge you.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave Fire in da hole 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  23. #23
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Oh, also everyone's favorite book? I'll be getting some NHL/NBA action down there as well.

  24. #24
    SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-18
    Posts: 3,934
    Betpoints: 2969

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Nearest to Mirage /NO/Luxor
    tao at the venetian or 1Oak at the mirage
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave SBR Tony 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Also, whatever sportsbook you go to, make sure and get the drink tickets.

    The days of just sitting and drinking all day are long over.

    If you don't get a ticket, they will charge you.
    That's why I made this thread. Vegas has changed so much from when I was 18 till now

  26. #26
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I play about $25 a hand on average. Frankly my friends might want to play lower like $10 because 2/3 are kind of noobs. What are some better "mid level" or low casinos. I don't care if it's divey, as long as it's legit and 3:2
    I like the Mirage, its not the ARIA, but its still very nice and has a decent sportsbook.

    The tables closest to the door are the ones that offer the worst odds, at the Mirage, skip the ones in the front by the sportsbook and to go the pits by the buffet and outside the high limit room. You will be able to get 3:2 bJ there for $25 a hand.

    The Monte Carlo is currently undergoing renovations, so they are willing to comp meals/drinks like crazy. its also located right next to the new Park area that has live music, etc.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave Fire in da hole 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  27. #27
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Oh, also everyone's favorite book? I'll be getting some NHL/NBA action down there as well.
    There are a few that have nice sportsbooks...

    The venetian sportsbook is nice, Mirage is not bad, Ceaser palace is big... MGM blows, Monte Carlo blows, Aria is small but decent( they have large screens)

  28. #28
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    I like the Mirage, its not the ARIA, but its still very nice and has a decent sportsbook.

    The tables closest to the door are the ones that offer the worst odds, at the Mirage, skip the ones in the front by the sportsbook and to go the pits by the buffet and outside the high limit room. You will be able to get 3:2 bJ there for $25 a hand.

    The Monte Carlo is currently undergoing renovations, so they are willing to comp meals/drinks like crazy. its also located right next to the new Park area that has live music, etc.
    Thanks bud. You had me and drinks and live music. They used to just bring you a drink and I'd tip the girl a $1 at Ceasars. Do I just ask for a drink or tickets? What's a non dick way to go about it at the table?

  29. #29
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 27,837
    Betpoints: 5652

    Line your pockets with foil and walk the hotel hallways. Scoop up any delicious unwanted deserts people have left on their trays
    Points Awarded:

    compaqDikk gave daneblazer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  30. #30
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Line your pockets with foil and walk the hotel hallways. Scoop up any delicious unwanted deserts people have left on their trays
    Bruh lol

    I'll be dragging floozies back to the rent house, but if I find myself needing to emotional eat, I'll def take your advice

  31. #31
    Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 6,262
    Betpoints: 1120

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Thanks bud. You had me and drinks and live music. They used to just bring you a drink and I'd tip the girl a $1 at Ceasars. Do I just ask for a drink or tickets? What's a non dick way to go about it at the table?
    Forgot to mention, Caesers properties offer a 24 hours buffet deal for like $40. Its a good deal if you are on or really close to the strip. You can go to ANY of the properties as many times as you like for 24 hours.

    A few other buffets offer the 24 hour deal, but you have to go back to that specific casino.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave Fire in da hole 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  32. #32
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Buddy was talking about getting some "White girl" ,but I know he'll just get straight ripped off so I'm sticking to booze.

    I don't anyone there anymore. All my friends who had lived there have since moved.

  33. #33
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,155
    Betpoints: 35902

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Forgot to mention, Caesers properties offer a 24 hours buffet deal for like $40. Its a good deal if you are on or really close to the strip. You can go to ANY of the properties as many times as you like for 24 hours.

    A few other buffets offer the 24 hour deal, but you have to go back to that specific casino.
    Nice, that would be perfect for me. I can't eat big meals all at once, and am more of a grazer. So 3 small meals would more than be worth the $40

  34. #34
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,862
    Betpoints: 192573

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    if you're going to check out any strip clubs, even though it's most likely the best, stay away from the Spearmint Rhino. it's so over-priced
    and you will be able to find something with better value
    I guess it depends on what ur looking for

    If you're wanting to get blown in the champagne room then yeah, you would pay a fortune at Spearmint Rhino

    If you just want some lap dances they're all still $20 and there are usually something like 200 girls there during the main shift. Overall quality is as good as you will find and from all over the world. Seriously, where else can you get slapped in the face by from Colombia, Finland, and Japan for $60?

    You might want to splurge and get a room at the Venetian or Palazzo. They're all suites and you can target gaggles from both connected properties to come up and have a party
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave dlowilly 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  35. #35
    OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-08-10
    Posts: 2,433
    Betpoints: 5277

    Best sportsbook in Vegas is the Superbook at the Westgate. There are a few others that are ok, but they don't compare to the Superbook.
    Points Awarded:

    thechaoz gave OTL 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


1234 Last
Top