gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    If this was applied correctly I think it might be able to work quite well. Take the TV show Survivor... but only for addicts. You could call it Survivor Rehab or something like that. I really think getting people back to the very basic elements and teaching them basic survival skills could have a powerful impact on many addicts. Sure it wouldn't be perfect... far from it. But whatever success rates current rehabs have... it doesn't seem very good. I think a radically new approach like this is worth a shot. Not to mention I think a lot of people would watch it if it was a TV show.
    I say we bring back bum fights
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Neither fukin matters unless your ready to change. Feeling indescribable, seen people do 8-10 years in prison come out and go straight back to drugs...seen high end treatment centers low end treatment centers fail and succeed addicts will continue to use until they have a inner change and are truly done
    /thread

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think it's something you're just born into.... either you want em... or you don't.

Never cared to experiment with drugs... and never tried...
    Alcohol is a drug.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    /thread
    I got my laughs in, now...

/thread

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Neither fukin matters unless your ready to change. Feeling indescribable, seen people do 8-10 years in prison come out and go straight back to drugs...seen high end treatment centers low end treatment centers fail and succeed addicts will continue to use until they have a inner change and are truly done
    I think I've told this story before but I met a woman on a flight from OKC to Vegas years ago. She was a pHd student working on her thesis that addressed addiction and recovery. She said when it comes to addicts getting clean the only thing that matters is their desire to quit. Jail and rehab only work as long as the addict wants to become sober.

She was working on a follow up research project to see if there was any way to influence when and to what degree an addict wanted to be clean. It was pretty interesting.

Plus, she was a great fukk

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I got my laughs in, now...

/thread

Sorry, I didn't mean to cut the thread short.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave The Kraken 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Alcohol is a drug.
    It's kind of funny to me that we are paying so much attention to the opioid crisis when we have had an alcohol crisis for...ever??? 88,000 people per year die from alcohol use (66,000 opioids/overdose). Alcohol is a huge public health issue but we just kind of accept it because alcohol has been used and abused for so long.

But the truth is that unless you want to get clean, you will not get clean.

Ok now /thread

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Forget it, opioid addiction is a global disaster not just a domestic one

Distilling and refining poppy plants will die out as manufactured products like phentanyl start to take form and cripple the market which is truly harrowing in comparison to its less efficient and harder to produce predecessor in heroin

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Distilling and refining poppy plants will die out as manufactured products like phentanyl start to take form and cripple the market which is truly harrowing in comparison to its less efficient and harder to produce predecessor in heroin
    And it's nothing new

Lets not forget the First Opium War was fought in 1856 between China and the UK

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Jail time provides the atmosphere that is needed for the privileged.
    Maybe the treatment centers for the not-so-well-off.
    Nothing can make a person reevaluate their situation like a 4 by 8.
    anyone that says jail is the answer doesn't know shit about drugs .They can get drugs easier in jail than on the street.It is bad where i grew up and lived. Middletown,dayton and cincy is where it is bad at. When they do a documentary it is usually in one of these 3 cities which are 60minutes from each other. I have lost 2 best friends since I have gotten sick. I would like 2 think they would still be here if I hasn't got sick. One was a navy seal who sparred with rich franklin. Got hurt working for duke energy a back injury. Put on oxycotin and that was his downfall. Another guy was the best athlete I ever met. He could of been on golf tour and could crush a softball. Have 2 cousins on hillbilly side that are in the pen. because of heroin. Funny thing is in cinti you can tell what type of drug people are on by the street they go down. Cops would pull me over all time for working in these neighborhoods. They would have to radio in all the time but guys I grew up with were top of food chain for cpd.
    Daryl gates was the head of police dept during the riots of los angeles. Not sure which branch. His son had scholarship offers to ucla and usc, Got hurt sr yr of high school and became a druggie. if anyone could of helped his kid it would be him. His kid o.d.ed

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    i got to see many of them but if they saw you watching they would turn on you.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

if the cops quit using narcan it may die sooner. Buddy of mine on cpd said he saved the same girl 3 times in 2 days

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you will never win the war

We are in such a weak nation now with residents leading the way

People are not as strong mentally as they were years ago, many want to cop out

First 12