CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Dazer Going To The 2018 - Masters....Checking It Off My Bucket List

Lived the first 25 years of my life only 10 miles away from Augusta National. But never got to step foot on those Sacred Grounds till now.

Anybody else gonna be there this year or been to it before ??? Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I really don't know what to expect, other than It's the Super Bowl of Golf. Tickets are extremely high priced, cheapest I could find was between $1700 & up to $2500 for a 1 day ticket. And 4 day badges going for $5900 to $12,000, even saw a person trying to sell Badges for $22,000 for the 4 days.

P.S. I got my ticket for $200

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

I always knew tickets weren't cheap but didn't know it was that out of control.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Dazer! I'm jelly....take some pictures brother.......

Oh....got the text train w the new digits.....PLEASE make the REPLY ALL's STOP

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great event guy

Enjoy

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I always knew tickets weren't cheap but didn't know it was that out of control.
    Yeah I guess It's like getting a Super Bowl Ticket. I looked at their merchandise online, they got a couple cool hats in the Gift Shop for about $55 a piece, and nice looking shirts going between $150 -$250.

On the other hand, prices for food & alcohol are dirt cheap, BBQ sandwiches about $2 and beer for $3. One guy said you could buy everything on the Menu combined and not spend over $ 40.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Dazer! I'm jelly....take some pictures brother.......

Oh....got the text train w the new digits.....PLEASE make the REPLY ALL's STOP
    That's the part that s*cks, It's one of the most picturesque setting in the world, but no cell phones or cameras are allowed. But I am going to have my photo taken outside of Club House by one of the Professional Photographers, where they sell it to you later.

Yeah that's the problem with sending out a Group Text, I deleted it earlier so hopefully that takes care of it.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Great event guy

Enjoy
    Thanks JJ,

Gonna be there when the gates open and set chairs up around the 16th hole (Near the beer hut ) Then walk around and see all the other sites. Golfers should start arriving around lunch, weather should be around *70 with a nice 10 MPH wind. Paradise I Tell Ya.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

resell

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    Yeah I guess It's like getting a Super Bowl Ticket. I looked at their merchandise online, they got a couple cool hats in the Gift Shop for about $55 a piece, and nice looking shirts going between $150 -$250.

On the other hand, prices for food & alcohol are dirt cheap, BBQ sandwiches about $2 and beer for $3. One guy said you could buy everything on the Menu combined and not spend over $ 40.
    Ya, there is a guy in my home town that goes about every year for thurs/fri. He said other than walking that place he likes to watch range sessions in the morning. Have a good time pal.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Enjoy. I heard about how hard the tickets are to land.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Hope you enjoy it CD.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

have a blast CD!

** hoping this means u forget to fill out your fantasy. lineup this week

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    resell
    That could be a nice profit, but these are a friends 4 day badges so others will use them later in week.
    Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post

Ya, there is a guy in my home town that goes about every year for thurs/fri. He said other than walking that place he likes to watch range sessions in the morning. Have a good time pal.
    Definitely want to watch some range sessions, I plan on catching Tiger there before he tees off around 10 am.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Enjoy. I heard about how hard the tickets are to land.
    Thanks Chucky, and yes I just turned 50 this year, first opportunity I ever had to go to Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Hope you enjoy it CD.
    Thanks Brother

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    have a blast CD!

** hoping this means u forget to fill out your fantasy. lineup this week
    Thanks Mike, but not a chance I miss putting in my line up this weekend. If I did, I'd never be able to keep up with you. GL with your real $$$ bets this weekend.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

CD. Let out a big yell when that Tiger guy is about to putt.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    CD. Let out a big yell when that Tiger guy is about to putt.
    Ha Ha, there's a good chance something like that might happen, by the time Tiger gets to the Par 3 16th green where I'll be sitting, I should be 10+ beers deep.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

you guys are fukkin clueless

all you have to do is show up

find someone LEAVING that is not returning and give them 20-50 bucks

it is what i did in high school

ofcourse, if caught..they lose their tickets for life so dont act like a fukkin jackass when inside

RudyRuetigger

Ha Ha, there's a good chance something like that might happen, by the time Tiger gets to the Par 3 16th green where I'll be sitting, I should be 10+ beers deep.
    you will be kicked out and banned.... rightfully so

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you guys are fukkin clueless

all you have to do is show up

find someone LEAVING that is not returning and give them 20-50 bucks

it is what i did in high school

ofcourse, if caught..they lose their tickets for life so dont act like a fukkin jackass when inside
    I'm not a broke d*ck f*ck so I'll pass on this idea. But whatever works for you.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you will be kicked out and banned.... rightfully so

I was just joking with Frank, I definitely know how to act. Didn't I read that you will be working The Masters this year? I don't need my shoes shined but I'll stop by and leave a tip in your jar if you need it?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168, and El Nino

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I was just joking with Frank, I definitely know how to act. Didn't I read that you will be working The Masters this year? I don't need my shoes shined but I'll stop by and leave a tip in your jar if you need it?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Ba Ba Boey!!!!!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Hit Em With The Hein!!!!

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Hell yeah CD! Enjoy it bro! The most beautiful course I've ever seen! I went to the Masters in 2010 and PGA Championship back in '96. Definitely get there early and stake out a spot if you don't wanna walk, Amen corner is the best spot to watch action on 3 of the toughest holes(11,12,13).

The galleries can run 20 to 30 people deep, even bigger for Tiger. I didn't mind walking and followed 3 different pairs of golfers the first 3 days. On the last day Sunday, we were pretty wore out and stayed at Amen corner until the final pairing of 'ol Lefty Phil Mickelson and Lee Westwood came through, and then followed along to 18 and watched Phil win his 3rd Masters.

Oh man, souvenirs items are ridiculously over priced, even back then. But hey, it's the Masters, who knows if you'll get the chance to get there again.

RudyRuetigger

I'm not a broke d*ck f*ck so I'll pass on this idea. But whatever works for you.
    obviously you are a broke dikk fukk if you havent been and complain about ticket prices

RudyRuetigger

no you didnt read that

try again

i love fukkin nascar rednecks

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Hell yeah CD! Enjoy it bro! The most beautiful course I've ever seen! I went to the Masters in 2010 and PGA Championship back in '96. Definitely get there early and stake out a spot if you don't wanna walk, Amen corner is the best spot to watch action on 3 of the toughest holes(11,12,13).

The galleries can run 20 to 30 people deep, even bigger for Tiger. I didn't mind walking and followed 3 different pairs of golfers the first 3 days. On the last day Sunday, we were pretty wore out and stayed at Amen corner until the final pairing of 'ol Lefty Phil Mickelson and Lee Westwood came through, and then followed along to 18 and watched Phil win his 3rd Masters.

Oh man, souvenirs items are ridiculously over priced, even back then. But hey, it's the Masters, who knows if you'll get the chance to get there again.
    Thanks Mike, I'm just living the dream & checking this one off my bucket list. I'm definitely gonna check out Amen Corner, appreciate the info bro.

CarolinaDaze

Just wanted to follow up on my experience of attending the 1st round:

Let me start by saying T.V. doesn't do Augusta National any justice, it's something you have to see to truly appreciate. Mikejamm was definitely right "Amen Corner" is a must see. I watched shots hit from under trees, from the pine straw, and even some that went into the gallery & water. It was amazing to see players hit balls within 3 feet of the flag only to watch them roll backwards down the green, some even back off the green and down the hill. I read that Tiger Woods actually practiced putting in a school gym to prepare for the greens, because they were so fast.

While talking with a tournament official, he shared a story with me: (Story has since went viral)

He said Jason Day had just hooked a shot into the gallery, where the ball hit a patron in the shoulder and dropped into his cup of beer. When Jason approached, the guy asked him if he'd like to reach in and grab the ball, Day responded "not really", so the guy chugs the beer, and then takes the ball out of the cup and hands it to him. Jason cracks a big smile and says "Thanks Mate".

I also think I might have found SBR's player advocate Rudy Ruetigger working The Masters, he was 1 of 2 guys I met: ( True Story's)

1st guy I encountered was on a corner outside of The Masters, he was holding up a sign begging for money. I went over and asked him "Your name wouldn't be Rudy would it"? He looked to be in total shock, I placed a few bucks in his tip jar and pulled out my camera phone to take his picture. He immediately took the sign he was holding in front of his chest and raised it up to cover his face. By the way his sign read: I'm not gonna lie, I need $$$ to buy beer.

2nd guy was in the Restroom where I went to take a crap. After waiting for a stall to come open, a guy finally emerged, but before I could enter it a worker goes in with a spray bottle & rag and wipes the toilet seat off. They do this after each use, can you imagine the stink he has to endure thru out the day. Rudy if this was you, I hope you used the few bucks I tipped you and got a stiff drink at the end of the day, cause you deserve it pal.

2 memories I'll always cherish:

1st was after a long amazing day of watching too many stars to mention, that I settled down at my seat on the 18th green. While reminiscing how I had watched Tiger Woods miss 2 birdies by mere inches, I started feeling a little bummed that I just didn't get to see a really Big Memorable shot. When along comes this 22 year old amateur golfer, a senior from Texas University, Doug Ghim. He hits his 2nd shot from 180 yards out, it bounces twice and rolls into the hole. Not only did he make a Eagle but come to find out it was only the 6th one EVER at the 18th hole.

2nd was watching "The Golden Bear" Jack Nicklaus & Gary Player. It was a amazing feeling witnessing 2 living legends hit the first drives of the day down the middle of the 1st fairway.

Well that's it guys, sorry for the long winded story's but just wanted to add a ending to my 2018 Masters Bucket List thread. If you guys ever get the chance to see the Masters don't walk run.

P.S. There was 3 hats in the Pro Shop that I really wanted, I couldn't make up my mind which of them to buy so I bought them all. After getting home I realized that was crazy, I didn't need all 3. So I decided to give 2 of them away to a couple guys who I call friends here at SBR. USCPHILLYGUY & Optional, when I see you at The Vegas Bash, I got a couple hats for you guys.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep, USCPHILLYGUY, mikejamm, and 5mike5

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Cool writeup, daze.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Dazer! Thanks man. Great gesture brother & thank you!

I will use it to replace this one

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

playing poker night at track dealer said he was going augusta sunday watch final round i asked him how much he paid tixs he said he won off a lottery masters website he only paid few hundred im going have check this out

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Hell of an experience CD! Thanks for the great write up! Augusta is truly one of those places you'll never forget. Hearing you talk about it brought back some cool memories.

Although I didn't run into Rudy, there were plenty of guys bumm'in and try'in to sell you stuff outside the gates, hell, who knows, one of them was probably Rudy back then too.
    Maybe that's why they now make tickets scalpers stay a half a mile away.

Yeah Tiger didn't have a great 1st round, but is it not crazy the amount of people that follow him around?
    Glad you had a great time bro, good people in Georgia.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 04-07-18 at 03:10 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

The only pic in this thread is a year old masters hat from Phillyguy??? Common daze

did sound like a good time though

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Just wanted to follow up on my experience of attending the 1st round:

Let me start by saying T.V. doesn't do Augusta National any justice, it's something you have to see to truly appreciate. Mikejamm was definitely right "Amen Corner" is a must see. I watched shots hit from under trees, from the pine straw, and even some that went into the gallery & water. It was amazing to see players hit balls within 3 feet of the flag only to watch them roll backwards down the green, some even back off the green and down the hill. I read that Tiger Woods actually practiced putting in a school gym to prepare for the greens, because they were so fast.

While talking with a tournament official, he shared a story with me: (Story has since went viral)

He said Jason Day had just hooked a shot into the gallery, where the ball hit a patron in the shoulder and dropped into his cup of beer. When Jason approached, the guy asked him if he'd like to reach in and grab the ball, Day responded "not really", so the guy chugs the beer, and then takes the ball out of the cup and hands it to him. Jason cracks a big smile and says "Thanks Mate".

I also think I might have found SBR's player advocate Rudy Ruetigger working The Masters, he was 1 of 2 guys I met: ( True Story's)

1st guy I encountered was on a corner outside of The Masters, he was holding up a sign begging for money. I went over and asked him "Your name wouldn't be Rudy would it"? He looked to be in total shock, I placed a few bucks in his tip jar and pulled out my camera phone to take his picture. He immediately took the sign he was holding in front of his chest and raised it up to cover his face. By the way his sign read: I'm not gonna lie, I need $$$ to buy beer.

2nd guy was in the Restroom where I went to take a crap. After waiting for a stall to come open, a guy finally emerged, but before I could enter it a worker goes in with a spray bottle & rag and wipes the toilet seat off. They do this after each use, can you imagine the stink he has to endure thru out the day. Rudy if this was you, I hope you used the few bucks I tipped you and got a stiff drink at the end of the day, cause you deserve it pal.

2 memories I'll always cherish:

1st was after a long amazing day of watching too many stars to mention, that I settled down at my seat on the 18th green. While reminiscing how I had watched Tiger Woods miss 2 birdies by mere inches, I started feeling a little bummed that I just didn't get to see a really Big Memorable shot. When along comes this 22 year old amateur golfer, a senior from Texas University, Doug Ghim. He hits his 2nd shot from 180 yards out, it bounces twice and rolls into the hole. Not only did he make a Eagle but come to find out it was only the 6th one EVER at the 18th hole.

2nd was watching "The Golden Bear" Jack Nicklaus & Gary Player. It was a amazing feeling witnessing 2 living legends hit the first drives of the day down the middle of the 1st fairway.

Well that's it guys, sorry for the long winded story's but just wanted to add a ending to my 2018 Masters Bucket List thread. If you guys ever get the chance to see the Masters don't walk run.

P.S. There was 3 hats in the Pro Shop that I really wanted, I couldn't make up my mind which of them to buy so I bought them all. After getting home I realized that was crazy, I didn't need all 3. So I decided to give 2 of them away to a couple guys who I call friends here at SBR. USCPHILLYGUY & Optional, when I see you at The Vegas Bash, I got a couple hats for you guys.
    Funny write up

And thanks for the thought mate. Look forward to finally meeting. I'll bring you an I Heart BJ hat in return. (the people in Bei Jing didn't get why it was so funny to me)

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    playing poker night at track dealer said he was going augusta sunday watch final round i asked him how much he paid tixs he said he won off a lottery masters website he only paid few hundred im going have check this out
    You can enter into a lottery for a chance to win the right to buy tickets to the Masters. You create an online account and then they will email you when you can fill out an application to be entered into the lottery for next year.

http://www.augusta.com/masters/faq

12 Last