Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Gronk "Pretty Certain" About Returning In 2018

According to ESPN, which cited unidentified sources, Rob Gronkowski is "pretty certain" he'll return to the Patriots rather than retire as long as quarterback Tom Brady remains with the team.

The report noted, however, that "lingering frustrations remain between Gronkowski and head coach Bill Belichick" in addition to "others in the Patriots organization." For Gronkowski, specifically, Belichick has questioned whether he remains "all-in" with the team after the veteran reportedly considered retirement to pursue a career in acting.

While speaking at last week's NFL’s Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla., Belichick said he’ll rely on face-to-face conversation with players when it comes to dealing with their decision.

“I’m not going to speak for anybody else,” Belichick said. “Conversations I’ve had with the players — and I’ve had a lot of them — I’m gonna keep those private between myself and the player. I’ll respect that coach-to-player conversation. I don’t want to speak for anybody else.”

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Media. Just seems like so many stories get posted now with absolutely no factual basis. "unidentified" sources.

I read my headlines on MSN with my coffee every morning. Time after time, I click to read the story, and it contains nothing remotely documented or attributed to an actual source.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the real truth is patriot players are sick and tired of the coach. i've never seen players so happy to leave the team for yes more money and to get away from him. they want to be paid and need the discipline toned down a few notches. not happening with that guy at the helm and a cheapskate owner.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was never leaving

attention whore

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    the real truth is patriot players are sick and tired of the coach. i've never seen players so happy to leave the team for yes more money and to get away from him. they want to be paid and need the discipline toned down a few notches. not happening with that guy at the helm and a cheapskate owner.
    U R a genius. NFL has a hard cap. Owner spends the allotted amount. That's what is supposed to level the playing field.
    Kraft not a cheapskate. Like or hate BB. Results speak for themselves.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Wouldn't blame him for retiring, many players thinking long term about health and life after football

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    U R a genius. NFL has a hard cap. Owner spends the allotted amount. That's what is supposed to level the playing field.
    Kraft not a cheapskate. Like or hate BB. Results speak for themselves.
    they spend the allocated amount but spread it out too much and cheapen out on veteran players so they leave. why else would they. maybe they don't really adhere to the patriots way as much as we are led to believe. kraft somewhat clueless. married money and bought team and that son jonathan cannot wait to get his mitts on it.

DOM-Ganador

they spend the allocated amount but spread it out too much and cheapen out on veteran players so they leave. why else would they. maybe they don't really adhere to the patriots way as much as we are led to believe. kraft somewhat clueless. married money and bought team and that son jonathan cannot wait to get his mitts on it.
    OK. So your position is they don`t spend enough on veteran players. So arguably the most successful major team sport over the last 15 years has spent there money wrong. Send in your resume pal, I am sure there will be a spot for you.

unusialsusp5

OK. So your position is they don`t spend enough on veteran players. So arguably the most successful major team sport over the last 15 years has spent there money wrong. Send in your resume pal, I am sure there will be a spot for you.
    they do it right but the players are there for the purpose of making as much as they can more than being concerned about the financial and overall success of the team. they would rather make 2m more playing for cleveland than playing there so they can contend for a championship which really means little individually. a parade, super bowl ring which gets locked in a safe. they want bigger gamechecks before they get put on concussion protocal.

DOM-Ganador

they do it right but the players are there for the purpose of making as much as they can more than being concerned about the financial and overall success of the team. they would rather make 2m more playing for cleveland than playing there so they can contend for a championship which really means little individually. a parade, super bowl ring which gets locked in a safe. they want bigger gamechecks before they get put on concussion protocal.
    Sure, and I don`t blame individual players from making as much as they possibly can when they can.

Back to original post re. Gronk. Can`t get away from this story. It is everywhere. Riot. Rehash one dudes take. Nothing attributed to an actual person.
    This 24 hour, 100 channel sport universe is so OOC.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gronk a nobody without Brady

unusialsusp5

he just wants more money to make up for past low salaries and doesn't like seeing others worse than him getting more. he could care less about superbowl championships like 96% of other players. so misunderstood that players would rather win a superbowl than get paid. isn't true. they want the money. if they make it to the superbowl fine, that's dessert, not the main course.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

acting...
    meanwhile talented actors starve and wait tables.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Media. Just seems like so many stories get posted now with absolutely no factual basis. "unidentified" sources.

I read my headlines on MSN with my coffee every morning. Time after time, I click to read the story, and it contains nothing remotely documented or attributed to an actual source.
    MSN sports stories have been exaggerated more and more... year after year... I can't believe they are allowed to publish what they do?

I think Brady has one more year in him... and it's over. Every month after that.... will be on the decline. What do you expect out of someone who's turning 41 on August 3?

DOM-Ganador

New unattributed story all over the map.

"Pats likely to trade Gronk"

Never ends. If BB trades him, then all these knuckleheads will come out and say I told ya so.
    Throw enough shit on the wall, some will stick.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    MSN sports stories have been exaggerated more and more... year after year... I can't believe they are allowed to publish what they do?

I think Brady has one more year in him... and it's over. Every month after that.... will be on the decline. What do you expect out of someone who's turning 41 on August 3?
    45 is a pipe dream. But saying he will fall off the cliff after a MVP type year, is a stretch.
    If they get a left tackle, and he doesn`t get injured, 2 more minimum.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Gronk's return to.the Pats is critical to their team.

Let's not forget how he & Brady took that Super Bowl game over when they needed to & Gronk was uncoverable.