BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I'm going for it... Playing in the $10,000 Razz WSOP June 28th. Confident I'll win it

This will not only be my first wsop event, it will be the first live tournament I have ever played. I have not played the game for real money since 2011 on pokerstars, but before that time, I was an absolute monster in the game terrorizing players left and right and being the big bad bully at the table. My extremely aggressive yet unpredictable playing style caused hell for everyone that challenged me. The money was great as the game came naturally to me.

After the shutdown, I've only played pokerstars free razz MTT's and sit and go's and have been absolutely crushing them. I have been calling out the hot shots in the game and setting up private heads up tables where it's 1 vs 1 and have been absolutely humbling them. I've been keeping up with the game since the shut down.

Now I know play money games are not real money by any stretch of the imagination, but I have had the opportunity (and still do) to play players that come from the real money razz nose bleed tables on pokerstars to challenge me in heads up matches best 2 out of 3, starting chips 10k play money and have been making them look foolish. I am an absolute FREAK in this game.

Even though this will be my very first live game and a high dollar buy in tournament at that, I'm not afraid one bit to clash with the best players this game has to offer. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that I wont wont make the final table. I'm not worried about that at all. My main concern is capturing my first wsop bracelet on my very first attempt. Last year there were 97 players in the tournament. Unfortunately a non american took 1st place. I plan to change that this year. For personal reasons, I will not be playing in the $1,500 razz tournament that takes place on the 24th of the same month. This is the only WSOP event I will be playing. The 10k razz tournament hasn't been around long. it was introduced not too long ago.

Registration has currently not opened. Ticket will be posted when it does. If I can't take 1st place in a field of 97 players, it's a loss. Again I'm not worried about getting to the final table, because I'll get there. But if I can't take it down from there, it's a loss as far as I'm concerned. 2nd place wont do.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

BB... will you wear a Big Business hat for us?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    BB... will you wear a Big Business hat for us?
    Hahaha. that's great!!!

Yeah. I'll wear that. Thanks for the great idea!

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Hahaha. that's great!!!

Yeah. I'll wear that. Thanks for the great idea!
    And when you win it, call out some of the bitches on this site.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

good thing is that there are not many players actively practising this game but still ... your chances are small , very smal. good luck

Drydin
    Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
    Drydin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2266

Best of Luck BB would be cool to see someone from SBR place in a WSOP event.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

settle down guy its pure luck

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

"This will not only be my first wsop event, it will be the first live tournament I have ever played."

I think I see a problem here.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

get em

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    good thing is that there are not many players actively practising this game but still ... your chances are small , very smal. good luck
    Razz is the only game I have played for the past 10 years and still consistently play. I've abandoned holdem, omaha and stud a long time ago because I realized I wasn't very good at those games and instead, focused all of my energy and honed my skills in razz.

It's the least played game in poker which is why there were only 97 players. I love it it with a passion and plan to win it on the very first try.
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 03-06-18 at 04:34 PM.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Should be easy. I doubt the other 96 guys have a clue.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Is this the same guy who had ring side seats for the Mcgregor Wayweather fight

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Lol Razz. Fun cash game but brutal in a tourney setting. Any limit variation is a fukin bore when it comes to tourneys.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    "This will not only be my first wsop event, it will be the first live tournament I have ever played."

I think I see a problem here.

You heard right. Never played in a single real money live event, but it's all the same. I've watched every 10k razz final table on youtube and the majority of the players play super tight afraid to make moves and take control of the table. I won't have that problem. I have no problem immediately being the player that bullies players at the table. If you assume the role of the bully, players are far less likely to try you. There is a lot of folding at the final table. I wont come in with the mindset of having 10 grand on the line. That's how you become scared and nervous. A lot of players are just looking to survive. I'm looking to win. I'm just going to play like I always have. The only way I know how.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    You heard right. Never played in a single real money live event, but it's all the same. I've watched every 10k razz final table on youtube and the majority of the players play super tight afraid to make moves and take control of the table. I won't have that problem. I have no problem immediately being the player that bullies players at the table. If you assume the role of the bully, players are far less likely to try you. There is a lot of folding at the final table. I wont come in with the mindset of having 10 grand on the line. That's how you become scared and nervous. A lot of players are just looking to survive. I'm looking to win. I'm just going to play like I always have. The only way I know how.
    You won me over. I'm rooting for you. Best of luck!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

OP throwing 10k away & can't support this site for a measly C-note.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Drydin View Post
    Best of Luck BB would be cool to see someone from SBR place in a WSOP event.
    Thanks. I'll definitely place. No doubt about that. I just want the bracelet.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    You won me over. I'm rooting for you. Best of luck!
    Thanks. I'll be there wearing a Big Business hat.

Will keep everyone updated.

With less than 100 people, it wont be hard to spot me.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Wear some SBR stuff so we know its you, GL man

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch for Oreo tells

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

pretty easy to bully ppl at play money razz?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Even though I never played basketball. I'm entering my name and will be eligible for the 2018 NBA draft. I expect to dominate the leagues best players next season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Make sure that you don't let anyone see your hole cards. Keep control of your facial expressions and body movements while in a hand. Some live players are very good at reading tells. Don't talk during a hand or you might inadvertently give information away. Live play is different from online play.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bigbiz do you really feel confident to play a live game for 10k? I don’t know about razz but Holdem is very different between play money tables and real just my experience anyway. Good luck to you.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    pretty easy to bully ppl at play money razz?
    I haven't played a single real money razz game since 2011 when the U.S. shut everything down. All I have been playing since post government shut down has been play money razz.

Going on just that alone, on paper, I should be one of the very first players eliminated seeing that I'll be going up against players in that tournament that have constantly been playing real money razz for big money for years.

It makes no difference to me. I know my game is extremely solid and relentless.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Mr Shove with Ace rag himself giving poker advice

Truly can’t make this shit up

Good Luck in the tourney.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    Make sure that you don't let anyone see your hole cards. Keep control of your facial expressions and body movements while in a hand. Some live players are very good at reading tells. Don't talk during a hand or you might inadvertently give information away. Live play is different from online play.

Yeah this has definitely been on my mind. Since I've never played a live tournament, It'll definitely be a new experience to not give anything away. I'm just going to wear a hat and sunglasses, keep the conversations minimal and just go out there and focus on my play.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

OP is the nut low
    Points Awarded:

SharpAngles gave gauchojake 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Bigbiz do you really feel confident to play a live game for 10k? I don’t know about razz but Holdem is very different between play money tables and real just my experience anyway. Good luck to you.
    I feel extremely confident I can win the entire tournament. Holdem is a very different game from razz.

In no limit holdem, a inferior player going up against a superior player can luck out and hit a better hand and knock him out in a single hand and his tournament run is over. Anyone can knock anyone out in holdem. As long as you have the ability to push all in preflop, you have a chance on taking down a superior player.

However in razz, since the game is played in a fixed limit structure, the inferior players almost always get eliminated early while the skilled players finish in the money because there is no equalizer such as the "all in" in holdem. I see it all the time, especially in heads up razz. It's one of those games where if your play is even slightly inferior, you're going to stick out like a sore thumb compared to any other poker game.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Razz is pretty main stream OP. Not much respect getting a bracelet. Look into the Badugi world championship if you want to be recognized as the best.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I am entering the Pineapple Hi Lo 8 100k tourney

looking for respect ONLY

Money ain't a thing

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

cool story bruh

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

10 points for confidence BigBusiness

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

very easy game that razz , you can do it . gl

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Even though I never played basketball. I'm entering my name and will be eligible for the 2018 NBA draft. I expect to dominate the leagues best players next season.
    Now this I believe! Instead of some loud mouth narcissist who claims he's got 10 grand to piss away and like waves said, doesn't have a 100 bucks to turn pro here. Have fun gett'in your fuk'in clocked cleaned.

1234 ... Last