cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Greaser finally shares with us how he made his millions
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 02-10-18 at 01:58 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Feel lucky that gambling isn't frowned upon as much down here.

Most people will bet on something at least once per year. My brother meets a few friends at the local pub to bet the horses most Saturdays. But no one else in family bets regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I don’t think I ever would’ve got into gambling if my father didn’t take me to the race track when I was like 10 years old and now I look back I wouldn’t have it any other way some of the greatest memories of my life
    Almost exactly how I feel.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I hung out at the tracks and OTB every weekend growing up. My dad and all my uncles were horse junkies. I’ve been gambling longer than I’ve been able walk. I remember betting 25 cents on football games and sweating it out as a 5 year old. At the end of the weekend I’d owe like $3 and had to figure out how to come up with the $. What a sick life I’ve led. This is why I never let any of my kids gamble. I won’t teach them how to play cards or how to bet on the ponies. They don’t even know what a spread means.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Greaser finally shares with us how he made his millions
    It’s thousands mickey

I don’t play slots, though, only slits

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Nobody gambled in my family

Not even grandparents

I had a friend back in the early 80's bring me to Hollywood Park. I didn't have a clue on how to even bet on a horse. I was always a numbers driven kid and get kept asking people about the times in the Racing Form. I got so frustrated with peoples answers as I kept getting "times of the race doesn't really matter" but different answers that involved class and pace and a number of things. So I walked up to this old timer selling programs and explained my frustration on how to pick the winning horse. He looked me in the eye and said "Sonny all you need to know is Danish in the 9th race". The horse was 6-1 in the program so I walked up and plucked 35 bucks to win which was everything I had in my pocket. Danish won by 5 length's. It went off at over 7-1. I walked back to give him a tip and he threw it back at me and said "I can't take your money because I am the racetrack and my pay goes through them. You'll give it back anyway". Lol. He was right.

My first gambling experience and haven't quit since.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Ranger that's funny. The first time I ever bet the ponies was a work event at Santa Anita. I bet two long shots in consecutive races, both horse #5, and won like 300 bucks. I don't think I have had a winning day like that since but I still play!

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

My dad and brother play poker and BJ... small stakes

First 12