Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

good thread , boys

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i can't believe there are still idiots in my lifetime that still believe this crock of shit. Good lord
    you are the one who is clueless and the idiot...any bookie will tell you this...it's a fact...accept it...you'll sleep better...as a matter of fact, several years ago, ESPN did a special on how Vegas bookmakers set their lines and this was the common theme...why do you think the number moves up or down you dumbass?...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    wrong again, Sammy...it's a theory that's older than the semen stains in your boxer shorts...first of all, that is not a tip...secondly, it's called being contrarian...i.e. fading the public....but most importantly...it's a 50/50 proposition in the long run...no empirical data or concrete evidence to support it one way or the other...especially in today's internet age of advance computer models, algorithms, and the plethora of information available at our disposal...Vegas puts out a number to get equal action on both sides...you either take the points or you lay them...simple as that...I can't figure out why idiots on this forum have a hard time grasping this concept...they eventually make out in the long run because of the vig and/or juice...good luck, god bless, and Happy New Year!...
    Sharp post.. Always gotta play the numbers, streaks, trends, match up comparisons, who's hot and who's not, etc. Can't go by feel, trap, or anything that seems mystical or you will lose over time.....

Although Sunday late games, Holiday late games, and sometimes even nationally televised late games I often like to take the dog, only in those rare situations will I go against normal capping logic and reason if I must bet.... It seems to work out more often then not, and even on the ML too....

Teams rebounding after an embarrassing loss theory can sometimes work too.. That works outside of normal capping logic..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-29-17 at 11:49 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

you are the one who is clueless and the idiot...any bookie will tell you this...it's a fact...accept it...you'll sleep better...as a matter of fact, several years ago, ESPN did a special on how Vegas bookmakers set their lines and this was the common theme...why do you think the number moves up or down you dumbass?...
    of course it its cause they are all full of shit and u are to dumb to realize it. Do u know how hard it would be to try and get equal action on both sides with teasars, parlays, reverses u fuking idiot. It is impossible. i would believe a politician before i believed a bookmaker. Wow just wow. Oh and when JIbby calls a post sharp it verifies that u are an idiot lol.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Manster adds nothing here.

Niner/Ram game a huge litmus test.

Da Manster!

of course it its cause they are all full of shit and u are to dumb to realize it. Do u know how hard it would be to try and get equal action on both sides with teasars, parlays, reverses u fuking idiot. It is impossible. i would believe a politician before i believed a bookmaker. Wow just wow. Oh and when JIbby calls a post sharp it verifies that u are an idiot lol.

hey dumbass....it's the gamblers themselves (sharps, squares, public, etc) that determine line movement...the number is an arbitrary one put forth by books and vegas alike and then it gets adjusted accordingly by the amount of money being wagered on either side...you are exactly whats wrong with SBR...you have your head up your ass and no fukkin' clue what you are talking about.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Manster adds nothing here.

Niner/Ram game a huge litmus test.
    I spoke the truth you bloody wanker...Niner/Ram game don't mean jack shit...Rams are sitting their starters...that is why the line jumped 7.5 pts from San Fran (+4) to San Fran (-3.5)...it's not a litmus test...basically just another glorified preseason game with no meaning.

Sam Odom

Da

relax

and... Happy New Years

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Da

relax

and... Happy New Years
    Sammy...I love you, man...no homo...Happy New Years!...

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

wrong again, Sammy...it's a theory that's older than the semen stains in your boxer shorts...first of all, that is not a tip...secondly, it's called being contrarian...i.e. fading the public....but most importantly...it's a 50/50 proposition in the long run...no empirical data or concrete evidence to support it one way or the other...especially in today's internet age of advance computer models, algorithms, and the plethora of information available at our disposal...Vegas puts out a number to get equal action on both sides...you either take the points or you lay them...simple as that...I can't figure out why idiots on this forum have a hard time grasping this concept...they eventually make out in the long run because of the vig and/or juice...good luck, god bless, and Happy New Year!...

i can't believe there are still idiots in my lifetime that still believe this crock of shit. Good lord
    lmfao at Thor on this one
    Dude, Manster is dead fukking on and your comment back to him
    is what makes this instant gold . Like he is the dummy or the one not in the know
    Manster

Thor ..... this is not a myth for fukk sake , I was offered a job AS ONE OF THESE LINESMAKERS in Vegas
    MY ONLY JOB was to sit in a room surrounded by other LINESMAKERS and SET LINES
    what was our goal in the THINK TANK ? One thing and one thing only
    To set a line so that it will provide the best chance at equal money coming in from both sides

Get it ... as a LINESMAKER , that was the only goal . Nothing more , nothing less
    Manster hit it square on the head
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    is what makes this instant gold . Like he is the dummy or the one not in the know
    Manster

Thor ..... this is not a myth for fukk sake , I was offered a job AS ONE OF THESE LINESMAKERS in Vegas
    To set a line so that it will provide the best chance at equal money coming in from both sides

Get it ... as a LINESMAKER , that was the only goal . Nothing more , nothing less
    Clint, you can't argue with stupid...it's the very reason why I hardly post any more aside from my picks thread...too many dumb fuks like Thor on this forum that couldn't tell you the difference between apple butter and jar of shit...but SBR should copy, paste, and bronze your response for any future reference on this subject!..well said my friend.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Manster

guy trying to act mighty BIGLY

the linesmakers in vegas have easiest jobs in the world

COPY/PASTE offshore books

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    guy trying to act mighty BIGLY

the linesmakers in vegas have easiest jobs in the world

COPY/PASTE offshore books
    Glanced at my post above and all I say was someone stating facts throughout

kinda like my 4-0 day in nfl (if San Fran holds up)

just facts , facts cannot be manipulated by human emotions or bias

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Used to be true.

Still True...

Doing it 1.5 yrs later

First 12