bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Rule 4 was there from the get-go, but the red print above the video was more obvious. Also, you have been here since 2009 so you should have known that deadline for all picks has been 12 noon first Saturday every year of this contest. In fact, the footnotes in post 1 were probably straight copy from last year with only the date changed for 2017.
    My first time doing this contest.

This is what it shows above the video:
    ---------
    NCAA Bowl Contest: $10,500 + 100K Betpoints

Buy-in: 2,500 Betpoints. (What are Betpoints & how to get them)

Deadline to enter: Saturday, Dec 16 at 12PM ET. Registration closes upon 70 total entries. Entries reserved in order of points received.
    ---------

Yeah, I saw the red print shown above. I thought it was for deadline to enter the contest hence all the registration talk. There's no mention of all picks being due.

And as for rule 4, you can honestly say that it was 100% like this the whole time? I knew I'd be busy so numerous times I read the entire post and did not see a due date for PICKS. I swear rule 4 said only entry fees. Maybe I'm wrong and missed it - just don't think I would have.

4. Deadline for entry fees and picks is Saturday Dec 16 at 12PM ET.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

SBR,

Like poster no1here pointed out above, there are 8 posts with picks that were submitted AFTER THE DEADLINE. Yet they are counted as shown in this standings thread. Can you please give me an explanation for why their late submissions were allowed yet me and thechaoz are not allowed to enter ours?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993413

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    And as for rule 4, you can honestly say that it was 100% like this the whole time?
    Yes. Let's put a rest to this once and for all, shall we? The enclosed screen shot below (click for full size) shows the original post compared to the first edit made.

The green and red area shows the top of the post was edited to add a link to the picks thread. The black area below is the original, unmodified post exactly as it was published, rule 4 fully in tact.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Yes. Let's put a rest to this once and for all, shall we? The enclosed screen shot below (click for full size) shows the original post compared to the first edit made.

The green and red area shows the top of the post was edited to add a link to the picks thread. The black area below is the original, unmodified post exactly as it was published, rule 4 fully in tact.

Alright - Thanks for addressing my post. I should have caught that.

Can you please address my other question above also?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993413

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    SBR,

Like poster no1here pointed out above, there are 8 posts with picks that were submitted AFTER THE DEADLINE. Yet they are counted as shown in this standings thread. Can you please give me an explanation for why their late submissions were allowed yet me and thechaoz are not allowed to enter ours?
    We're not sure what you are referring to. The last pick entry was posted 2 minutes prior to the 12PM ET deadline (my account is one hour behind Eastern). You guys are possibly seeing your local timezone. This is why we selected Eastern Time.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

We're not sure what you are referring to. The last pick entry was posted 2 minutes prior to the 12PM ET deadline (my account is one hour behind Eastern). You guys are possibly seeing your local timezone. This is why we selected Eastern Time.

Ah - my bad!! Mine is in ET, I thought it was Central since that's where I am too and thought I had it set to. Thanks for the reply.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol rkelly sniffs during golden showers

thank you SBR haha

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I've been here quite a while, but I've never played in the contest. I guess we're seeing that was in the rules, but frankly, it's a really bad Rule and it's unlike any of your other contest so yes, I made assumptions, and screwed up but it's just a bad rule in general and why not let people play who pay a lot of points to get in? we acted in good faith, we paid our entry fee, there's still 15 games to pick, so there's no advantage to us.

Like he said, some of us actually have professional lives and travel in our busy and we acted in good faith and got burned. Duly noted for next year

You can clearly see a lot of people made the same assumptions we did, because there's several entries that have no picks and they obviously aren't wanting to donate $100 for no reason

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I've been here quite a while, but I've never played in the contest. I guess we're seeing that was in the rules, but frankly, it's a really bad Rule and it's unlike any of your other contest so yes, I made assumptions, and screwed up but it's just a bad rule in general and why not let people play who pay a lot of points to get in? we acted in good faith, we paid our entry fee, there's still 15 games to pick, so there's no advantage to us.

Like he said, some of us actually have professional lives and travel in our busy and we acted in good faith and got burned. Duly noted for next year

You can clearly see a lot of people made the same assumptions we did, because there's several entries that have no picks and they obviously aren't wanting to donate $100 for no reason

I work 70 hrs a week with two kids. I plainly read the rules before I joined like anyone should clearly do before entering any type of contest. Sorry for your loss. On to the next contest!

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by chase hardy View Post
    I work 70 hrs a week with two kids. I plainly read the rules before I joined like anyone should clearly do before entering any type of contest. Sorry for your loss. On to the next contest!
    Listen, it's a terrible rule. Obviously many also made the same assumptions. I like to take my time with my picks and figured I had time. They can take the points and shove it up their asses. There will be no "other contests".

I only really signed up for pro because of poker and now those contests have gone so I'm riding this thing out till it expires

I don't care about the points, it's just the principle. Bad faith on the part of SBR. My bad for not reading the war and peace entry guidelines. I assumed it would be like EVERY OTHER single contest I've ever played in.

I just feel bad for the guys that didn't get the spot and really wanted to play. Wish I could hand it off.

Oh well.

Last edited by thechaoz; 12-21-17 at 02:43 PM.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Listen, it's a terrible rule. Obviously many also made the same assumptions. I like to take my time with my picks and figured I had time. They can take the points and shove it up their asses. There will be no "other contests".

I only really signed up for pro because of poker and now those contests have gone so I'm riding this thing out till it expires

I don't care about the points, it's just the principle. Bad faith on the part of SBR. My bad for not reading the war and peace entry guidelines. I assumed it would be like EVERY OTHER single contest I've ever played in.

I just feel bad for the guys that didn't get the spot and really wanted to play. Wish I could hand it off.

Oh well.

dont you have a deadline for all the Fantasy football POINTS leagues you play in? Or cause your special you get to add your line up or make trades, drops whenever you desire? think about it it a rule thats just the way it goes sometimes.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Oh well.

at some point you have to stop pointing fingers and take responsibility...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Guys... wasn't there a year when we had this contest... we missed 2-3 official bowl games??? (The games weren't listed on the official line list.) Because all the picks had to be in on a Saturday? And the games were scheduled like on a Thursday or Friday? You guys remember that??? Or am I smoking crack at the moment?

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Listen, it's a terrible rule.
    I think marijuana being illegal in most of Europe is a terrible rule. You have no idea how much it cost me and I'm nowhere near quitting regardless. Somehow I don't think this mega screwup will prevent you from betting or playing in contests going forward.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Looks like I'll be the prime candidate for that last place. Set for 0-4 with my 3* picks unless UAB turns into a butterfly in the second half.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

Oh well.

I am out of the oop, what happened to poker?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

SDSU/Army is a huge swing game in our contest. Cent Mich & UAB backers taking it in the chin

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

go sdsu.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Time to root against every pick I made in this contest.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Time to root against every pick I made in this contest.
    Hopefully Texas Tech D gets to 5 forced turnovers in this game. Go Red Raiders!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Will this be updated showing a column for max possible?

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No! Fuk that! Just do the damn math!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    No! Fuk that! Just do the damn math!
    I *can* do the damn math, but I have better uses for my time. I like being given information in chart or spreadsheet form.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Still a few of us waiting for their first points. 0-15 still within reach

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This Jake peavy dude

always on leaderboard

bonus whore

but impressive

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Where is yisman?

Sharpest posters on sbr

T3
    yisman
    peavy

would love to be a fly on the wall when they cap

in no perticular order

advantageU
    4 fords and a toyota
    advantageU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one who hoped to have a rooting interest in all of the Bowl Games and is out of contention a week early? At least I didn't lose any money betting individual games.

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Maximum possible score has been added.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, and Igor_1965

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Where is yisman?

Sharpest posters on sbr

T3
    yisman
    peavy

would love to be a fly on the wall when they cap

in no perticular order
    llol

what are you talking about? Surely don't mean the leech trytrytry?

being a bookie doesn't make you a handicapper, sure as hell doesn't make you a good one.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Some incredible scores so far. Usually I think 23-24 points gets it done. But it looks like it'll take more this year.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    llol

what are you talking about? Surely don't mean the leech trytrytry?

being a bookie doesn't make you a handicapper, sure as hell doesn't make you a good one.
    Merry Christmas Brooks85

And have an even better 2018
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Merry Christmas Brooks85

And have an even better 2018
    how could I not? Have you seen my track record?

better luck with hillary next time and enjoy eating that subway

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    how could I not? Have you seen my track record?

better luck with hillary next time and enjoy eating that subway
    and an early good 2019 also and good health.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

<< Easily the favorite for the last place

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Big day today contest wise. 3 big swing games. I finally have some meaningful games. Should know my chances by the end of the day

First 1234 Last