RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Will the Astros use the bullpen in gm 6?

I would not use the bullpen in any situation except a blowout in game 6 except maybe a situational setup guy.

After Verlander I bring in McCullers for long relief and Morton to finish. Could sprinkle in Musgrove and Harris for a couple of 2/3's an inning work.

Everyone else in that pen is way worse than the batting practice machine. At least it doesn't walk guys.

I go for broke in gm 6 if Houston is tied or has a lead in the 6th. If they lose they can still go with Keuchel and Peacock on 2 days rest.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Hope that Verlander can go 7 innings with a lead. Go with Musgrove and Harris. Have to keep McCullers for potential game 7.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Both bullpens SUCK in WS

as incredible as that is

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Both bullpens SUCK in WS

as incredible as that is
    The Dodgers have some really good talent in their pen but they use the crap out of them. I mean I know that's what a pen is for but their arms are not sharp now.

In LA with a day of rest favors LA a little. The Astros pen is incredibly thin. When is the last time you saw a WS team that doesn't even have a true closer?

KLC I like your roster saving Morton for GM 7. But think about it you are up 1 or 2 runs bottom 7 and V is gassed, you really think you can get through the 9th Musgrove and Harris? Maybe. Musgrove handles the pressure well but is light on stuff. Guess we will find out.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Mike Scott will pitch game 7.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Verlander will pitch until his arm falls off. Unless he is getting rocked dude will go for 130+ pitches

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

They need verlander to pitch all 9! And he just might, dude a gamer..if I was doyers I would take until I had 2 strikes for the 1st several innings at least, then I would choke up and try to foul as many pitches off as I could!!

Dodgersin17
    Dodgersin17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Dodgers get past Verlander

Dodgers win World Series

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Both bullpens SUCK in WS

as incredible as that is
    i think the incredibly potent hitters on both teams have a lot to do with this appearance of "sucking".....

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Harris has been bad. I like your first idea verlander > McCullers > Morton if you're leading

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

Both teams have shown that they can hit, and in particular, hit the relief guys late in the game. Houston have proved that they can get to the "unbeatable" Kenley Jansen, so they don't need to panic even if they're down a couple of runs going into the later innings.

Unless Verlander gets shelled for 5+ runs relatively early, I'm keeping him in there til his arm falls off.

He's been the best pitcher in the game since his trade to Houston. He won't be pitching in a competitive game for another five months after tonight. One game to win it all for the Astros. There's no need for inferior pitchers to come into the game too early, knowing the kind of damage the Astros bats are capable of causing at any time.

I'd be astonished if Verlander throws fewer than 110 pitches tonight (unless he throws a complete game in fewer pitches, of course!)

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by thecutter View Post
    Harris has been bad. I like your first idea verlander > McCullers > Morton if you're leading
    If I knew AJ would pitch those 3 I'd be all over Hou +110.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Yup, If i were houston manager i would go all starters. I would use starters if verlander needs to leave early. if they don't win today its over for houston so treat it as do or die game.

I don't know why managers don't try start games like this with the bullpen and bring the starter later. I would bring in verlander in the 4th/5th inning to close out the game. Fight through the first few innings with scrubs.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5420

Just go OVER in the 2H of the game. The pens of both teams are "philanthropic".

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

maybe give liriano a shot at this point. nobody else has come lose to being decent.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I think Houston will use and do everything to win this game 6... They don't want to take this to a game 7...

So yes the Stros probably empty the tank and use anyone and everyone in the pen especially if they have the lead late..

Back in the old days starting pitchers would pitch full games back to back. Rest is over rated for pitchers in this situation...

RoyBacon

Rest during a 162 game season is needed. We saw V come in for mid relief against the Yanks and not look good. But IF V gets a lead then I'm all with ya. Plus, Morton has looked great. He has to figure in. Musgrove except for 1 costly pitch has looked great too. At least those two are not issuing free passes left and right.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

^^^