VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Georgia Southern Fired Their Football Coach

They're on the road at Troy this week. My perception is that teams bounce back after their coach gets axed. I wonder if there are any formal stats on that. I'm going to sprinkle a little on them this week.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

At first I thought the title said, "Georgia Southern fried their football coach" and thought, 'damn they were hungry' lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    At first I thought the title said, "Georgia Southern fried their football coach" and thought, 'damn they were hungry' lol

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

The only shocker here is that it didn't happen sooner.

GaSo really had something going with the option, and Summers tried to go away from it. Never recovered.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Summers never even gave a reasonable explanation on why he went away from it. I agree they had a good thing going there with it.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Ya, great Georgia athletes running away from Sun Belt Athletes (and sometimes Power 5) that couldn't catch them. Well-rested defenses. What was there to dislike?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The only thing I can think of is that Ga. Southern lost ALL of their offensive starters in 2016 except their starting LT, LG, and C. Apparently Summers had little, if any faith in their new starting QB, and had nothing to replace him with, so after a stab at the option, he reverted back to his old ways, which nearly cost him his job last season.