astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Drop ball?

Did I miss something? I thought the yankees catcher dropped strike 3 to end the game? I know it prob. wouldnt have mattered but??

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

I think the runner has to make the move to steal right away, but I saw that too. Foul tip he has to catch for the out, but it was a clean strike.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Batter never bothered to run.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Once the batter is in the dugout, the play is dead and he is out. Theoretically, he could have stopped one step short of the dugout, turned around and run to first while Yankees were celebrating.

(But that assumes Umps were around to see it)

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Once the batter is in the dugout, the play is dead and he is out. Theoretically, he could have stopped one step short of the dugout, turned around and run to first while Yankees were celebrating.

(But that assumes Umps were around to see it)
    Lol what

Once he leaves the batters box in anyway not going towards first base he is out.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Lol what

Once he leaves the batters box in anyway not going towards first base he is out.
    Ah, there was a rule change. What I said USED to be the rule, but now....

Rule 6.09(b) Comment: A batter who does not realize his situation on a third strike not caught, and who is not in the process of running to first base, shall be declared out once he leaves the dirt circle surrounding home plate.

So batter cut have hovered near edge of dirt/grass and then took off.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Imagine if he was the tying run and just casually went sound the bases to tie it while everybody else was in a dog pile on the infield. Woulda been hilarious with the Yanks celebrating.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Indians had absolutely no heart game 5. Reminds me of Franconia and the beer/ chicken ending in Boston. Sometimes these managers just fail to inspire....the fact the guy, to end the season, didn't even pretend to make an effort is embarrassing.

Remember Franconia has blown these series leads last 2 years and blew that September 10 game lead or whatever in Boston when Tampa knocked them out. Guy has a history here.....