Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    This is wrong,Africa has been participating in World Cups since the 70's,African teams have had some decent finishes,Cameroon QF in 90 and Nigeria in 94,Ghana were meant to be on the rise but didn't even qualify this time.
    They've regressed if anything.
    The 70's is not a long time ago. That's yesterday in sports timelines. African countries don't have the resources like the US should have. We just don't give a damn.

But, look at the MLS. There's a huge influx of African players. I think there's close to 50 African players in MLS. That's a large number. Europe has always cultivated a lot of them as well. We have too many kids laying around that could be our next stars. We need to develop some of them but like I said, I don't think it's a real priority.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    all usa had to do was get a draw with the weakest team in the group and one of the weakest teams in the world, usa was -2000 on the moneyline

you had one job
    Hard to believe the US really wanted in. Especially against Trinidad & Tobago where one of their goals was an "own goal" put in by the US.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Hard to believe the US really wanted in. Especially against Trinidad & Tobago where one of their goals was an "own goal" put in by the US.

i doubt there is a single soccer player that doesnt dream of being at the world cup

and tnt was already disqualified so had no motivation to play hard except maybe pride

alas, this is the reality of sports and why many people watch it, huge upsets do happen

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot81 View Post
    nobody likes soccer because its boring if they shrunk the field made goals bigger and allowed checking maybe people would watch
    I like that idea! But let's improve it a little better. Let's make it faster. I know, let's have it so the field is shrunk, they allow checking and it's made fast by having it on ice and the players can skate!

SportsMushroom

you've got it all backwards, soccer is the best sport

and the proof is that billions of people watch it even if there is no scoring going on

so its so entertaining, that it doesnt need scoring

american sports are so boring that nobody wants to watch unless there is constant scoring
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave SportsMushroom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

you've got it all backwards, soccer is the best sport

and the proof is that billions of people watch it even if there is no scoring going on

so its so entertaining, that it doesnt need scoring

american sports are so boring that nobody wants to watch unless there is constant scoring
    good try on the sell job but mls ratings are a joke,nobody in usa watches soccer

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Sorry guys. I layed a dime on -1 about 15 minutes before first kick and it all went downhill from there.
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave SharpAngles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SportsMushroom

good try on the sell job but mls ratings are a joke,nobody in usa watches soccer
    really?

according to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_...cer_attendance

mls average crowd is higher than nba and nhl

also your comment is only for the usa, 1 country out of 200

in 99.9% of countries no sport comes near soccer

superbowl is viewed by approx 120m, champions league final by approx 400 mil, world cup final, more than 1 billion

http://www.vocativ.com/news/198079/t...gue/index.html

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

really?
    according to this

mls average crowd is higher than nba and nhl

also your comment is only for the usa, 1 country out of 200

in 99.9% of countries no sport comes near soccer

superbowl is viewed by approx 120m, champions league final by approx 400 mil, world cup final, more than 1 billion

http://www.vocativ.com/news/198079/t...gue/index.html
    99 pct of other countries don't have nfl mlb or nba so soccer is the main sport, of course soccer is popular all over the world but in the usa it's not and never will be

SportsMushroom

99 pct of other countries don't have nfl mlb or nba so soccer is the main sport, of course soccer is popular all over the world but in the usa it's not and never will be
    if other countries dont have nfl mlb nba as you say, why do you then call your teams 'world champions' that's the trump mentality right there

other countries dont bother with those sports because they are boring

soccer has billions of viewers, because billions of people like it, because its the most entertaining, i doubt any other sport will ever reach billions in viewership

also sorry to burst your bubble, but in 2016, mls attendance was higher than nba and nhl, we could see it one day surpass baseball, when they increase stadium capacities

Last edited by SportsMushroom; 10-11-17 at 02:51 AM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

MLS is a joke because the players are a joke. Like the NBA....the best basketball players in the world play in the NBA....STAR PLAYERS who play in Europe are lucky to even get a bench spot in the NBA....NFL...same....Hockey....they don't play in Russia or Europe...the best players are in the NHL....

Soccer? The best players play in Europe mainly along with a few other places. The thing is....when you take guys like Henry, Pirlo, Drogba, whoever....and these guys who are too washed up to play on their international teams...are the best players in the MLS...there's a problem.

We watch sports to watch the top of the top. At least I do. I want to see the best players in the world. So I'm not gonna watch some shitty club MLS games, and I'm not gonna watch some shitty ass club international games either.

That's why the World Cup is so popular. Because you have the best international teams in the world, ALL OF THE best players in the world, in one tournament.

Can we thank the lord Messi got through?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10263

Quote Originally Posted by Greenline View Post
    I actually wanted to watch the game live, but was only available en espanol.
    English speaking stations have more exciting offerings to air, like test patterns.

Does language really matter when you are watching paint dry?
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 10-11-17 at 04:04 AM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Watch the Spanish national team play, then watch an MLS team play. It's a joke. Looks like two different sports. I'm not willing to put up with that shit.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Maybe USA team never want to go to Russia

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Bruce Arena

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USA mainly been a non factor for last 75 years

Lol no surprises here

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

usa got hosed cuz of a phantom goal lol love it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...world-cup/amp/
    football can have 10 minute delays to see if someone caught a 2 yard pass, and soccer can't have review of goals when there might be 1 instance like this in every 5 games?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The 70's is not a long time ago. That's yesterday in sports timelines. African countries don't have the resources like the US should have. We just don't give a damn.

But, look at the MLS. There's a huge influx of African players. I think there's close to 50 African players in MLS. That's a large number. Europe has always cultivated a lot of them as well. We have too many kids laying around that could be our next stars. We need to develop some of them but like I said, I don't think it's a real priority.
    well when you look at the makeup of many africans, their body types are perfect for running and soccer

since 1991 there have been 2 winners of the boston marathon that weren't from kenya or ethiopia

before 1988 there were 0 from kenya or ethiopia... once they had the means and motive to get here and run, they dominated

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2262

Ridiculous. Bunch of sorry arrogant bums on the team. Arenas was a bad choice for manager

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3447

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Its long enough man,Cameroon made it to the Quarter Final in WC 90,lost to England and haven't come close since.Nigeria is the one black country that has been the most consistent since 94,theyve made all of them since then but the one in Germany in 06,havent got past round of 16 but have made it three times.Ghana have been good recently made the QF in 2010.

Yugoslavia didn't have great resources but were still one of the top Soccer Nations untiil the War split up the Nation,Croatia is still good just knowhere like it once was.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-11-17 at 11:35 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

dammit!!!!!!!!!!

now i've got three cases of f'n Capri Sun and two crates worth of oranges to be sliced up that I'm just gonna have to f'n trash!!!!!!!!!

and what a waste it was to get new f'n tires on the f'n mini-van............

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We need all white players

Fukk diversity, the Mexican guy scored a goal for Trinidad

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    We need all white players

Fukk diversity, the Mexican guy scored a goal for Trinidad
    fuk it... kill two birds with one stone, just let the f'n women's team play for the men.....l

1. shows effort toward equality; and

2. I can actually watch the shit and get my f'n jerk on.....

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

she looks cuddly...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    fuk it... kill two birds with one stone, just let the f'n women's team play for the men.....l

1. shows effort toward equality; and

2. I can actually watch the shit and get my f'n jerk on.....

How often do you jerk off AD?

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    How often do you jerk off AD?
    who said I ever stop?
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Klinsmann did well to change the culture and held these overpaid/overrated bums accountable....they didn’t like training hard or being benched in favor of some other players when they weren’t performing so they flat out quit on him to get him fired

Glad we brought the old guard back so everyone was happy

Just sucks we won’t be able to watch the US next year but they didn’t deserve it...tough shit

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    she looks cuddly...
    her balls are probably soft.....

First 123