RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Could football be discontinued because of the brain injury issue?

Not professional because a citizen can sign away and accept the danger or don't play. I would assume.

What about high school? Youth football?

I could understand a decision to not allow minors to play football, not that I would be for it but couldn't passionately be opposed either. Would water down NCAA and NFL too. Talented youth athletes will choose a sport they can actually play.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

The way it's going it will probably turn into rugby where you can't lead with your head or shoulders basically no more hitting.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Id say unlikely.

However participation rates will continue to go down.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19575

Football, for the most part, won't exist in 50 years. There will be no Super Bowl 100.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

it will be flag football soon

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Agree on flag football soon

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Let's face it. Between the concussion issue and the racial issue which continue to plague colleges, sports will be more or less limited to the "Professional" level. Look at Basketball. 4 college assistant coaches, all black, are staring at 80 years in jail for a bribery scam. Most of the players they recruit are so stupid that they would NEVER get into a college or University if they had to earn their way in, like the vast majority of students do. Like it or not, this is the truth. These two things will destroy a lot of College sports and then the trickle effect down to the high schools will take effect. It is even hurting the NFL and NBA, where attendance and TV revenues are going way down.

RoyBacon

I could see the league leaving the US or at least playing their games offshore to escape US law. Kind of like companies moving offshore to escape hyper regulation and high taxes.

Not so far fetched. Dallas vs New England playing in Mexico City this week. Next week Dallas vs Minnesota at Calgary.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I could see the league leaving the US or at least playing their games offshore to escape US law. Kind of like companies moving offshore to escape hyper regulation and high taxes.

Not so far fetched. Dallas vs New England playing in Mexico City this week. Next week Dallas vs Minnesota at Calgary.
    You may be the BIGGEST idiot on these message boards.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13815

As long as people are willing to take the risk and hit and get hit football will carry on as is. I'm sure NFL will make it so that you can't sue and have to sign waivers before you play that removes all guilt from the league office.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Football will be banned after next week and it will be illegal to play. Mandatory prison time for anybody playing.

R40
    Update your status
    R40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Football will eventually be played mostly without pads like rugby and be a version of flag football with point totals in the 50s. People will probably love it. They will get rid of the fat guys and big hits.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    You may be the BIGGEST idiot on these message boards.
    Let me guess. You are a fcktard liberal I roughed up in another thread and you worried sick Trump is going to limit the growth of your welfare?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Let me guess. You are a fcktard liberal I roughed up in another thread and you worried sick Trump is going to limit the growth of your welfare?
    Nope. Life long member of the GOP and I live in Darrell Issa's district.

After reading your posts it is clear you are just a dumb parrot. Yeah, the entire NFL may one day move outside of the U.S. to play games, brilliant take. Another retard with a keyboard.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Nope. Life long member of the GOP and I live in Darrell Issa's district.

After reading your posts it is clear you are just a dumb parrot. Yeah, the entire NFL may one day move outside of the U.S. to play games, brilliant take. Another retard with a keyboard.
    Are you related to Chico? He has psychological issues so we give him a pass. If you are retarded too please declare.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

they may wise up one day and get rid of the helmet until then the decline will continue. There will always be inner-city kids playing but a lot of other kids will never play because of the health risks. A local football youth league in Columbus, OH only turned out 12 kids this year, it was 100+ a few years ago.

To put your kid in football before college is just piss poor parenting. If your kid is playing to be QB or kicker then that's fine, maybe even WR could get away with it but pretty much every other position is a -ev way of life. And it is not the "sports" fault as much as it is the way NFL has marketed it. Football would be fine without a helmet.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Yea, the young kids,jr high, high school ...should be discontinued parents are very concerned about this and the schools are worried,about law suits.

R40
    Update your status
    R40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

They are finding extensive brain damage in 100% of NFL player brains. They are finding brain damage in college kids that never had a concussion. What is known about concussion in 20 years will pretty much end football as it is played today which is fine because football originally had almost no padding. The massive amount of padding is a major reason for the massive hits. Take off the pads and they will not be launching themselves into one another and you will have a faster game.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    The way it's going it will probably turn into rugby where you can't lead with your head or shoulders basically no more hitting.
    All I can say is... it's already tough for players currently. They teach you form tackling to the gut/waist area... it's like natural instinct to lean with your head down... shoulder to gut area.

I don't think anyone would want to hurt someone intentionally... making a tackle... you're always going to have your head lowered on a bang bang play.

I don't know how college or NFL can stop this? It is what it is....

I think they have done a lot to cut down on the hits.... it makes a player think twice. There's nothing more you can do to avoid it all together.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

nah, we'll still have football....

the Jetsons had it right:

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

One of the reasons I don't watch anymore is the lack of respect for your fellow player. Injuries in the NFL are crazy and offensive linemen die in their 50's and 60's all the time. You should be relaxing and enjoying life at that time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

In the South high school football is like a religion.. Don't see it happening or going away..