stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Question for the resident puck heads here?

I like the NHL product, I just don't have the time to follow it, baseball and to a lesser extent football chew up most of my disposable free time.

Question is who are the Stanley Cup contenders this season, and who are the surprise teams?
    Just saw the futures and some of them look good to me but I just don't know enough NHL.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive not followed it as strong as others but I'm gonna go ahead and say the Oilers are getting a hefty dose of attention after making the divisional round last year after a 10 year drought and will be pricey as heck this year. This just my opinion Steve but having said that they are showing very strong this preseason so perhaps they can continue to push expectations. I'd say be wary until we see what happens specifically on Oilers. I have my eye on the flyers and the devils, I like some of the pieces they got. Canes and Yotes seem to be trendy.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I like the NHL product, I just don't have the time to follow it, baseball and to a lesser extent football chew up most of my disposable free time.

Question is who are the Stanley Cup contenders this season, and who are the surprise teams?
    Just saw the futures and some of them look good to me but I just don't know enough NHL.
    the futures odds will give you an objective look

otherwise ask 10 people and you'll get 10 totally different answers based on their own favorite teams and biases

Ra77er

Mike wisdom of the crowds man. I was hoping to start a little feedback but fuk it let's just call steves guy and see what the house needs. Takin all the fun outta the game mikey

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitt
    Ottawa
    LA Kings
    Rangers

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Leafs will win the Stanley Cup this year. Yes, I'm Torontonian.

Ra77er

There we go now we got some lift to this thing.

Ill take

wild
    capital
    oiled
    habs

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    my favorite team is the sharks so i'll go with them

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Not this year. They need 2 years still. I know they are getting there but they need some playoff failure first.

As for the cup it's hard to say. Can't see how they pens threepeat. The oilers are the favorites. I kind of like the lightning.

Ruki
    Ruki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

TB is the underdog of the year IMO. Their defense will be massive. Besides, with trade deadline and all, picking a winner before the season even begins is looking into a foggy magic ball.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just don't waste money on the Rangers.

I think Canada takes it, so I'd go with value on Ottawa. Like Montreal more though.

Otherwise, I like the Ducks.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Watch out for Minnesota again this year. They were eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round and they shouldn't have. They outplayed St. Louis by a huge margin, but St. L's goalie stood on his head. The Wild will have something to prove this year.

Don't forget the Leafs. They are heading in the right direction. Expect them to get past the 1st round of playoffs for sure.