Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's not the reason at all.

It's greedy interests as well as miners who have been manipulating and sabotaging things in a never ending ego fight.

You might be right about "fees will come down" but it may not be for the reason you think... it will more likely be the network dieing as miners abandon it after destroying it.

Leave the fees this high and delays even worse and all practical use of BTC will be lost... well transferred over to something better run that took the opporunity to undermine and put the stake in bitcoins heart.

The whole project is eating itself.

I agree completely that "It's greedy interests as well as miners who have been manipulating and sabotaging things..." although I would have said "...trying to manipulate and sabotage..."

BTC was at an all time high a few days ago, fees are down and going thru rapidly.

There will be periodic slowdowns and high fees when the miners switch back periodically for mining "Bitcoin Cash", but it is expected that Bitcoin Cash will fade away once Coinbase releases what they are holding to their customers (in a few months), who will mostly get rid of it.
    It should then remain more profitable to mine BTC exclusively.
    Last edited by Scooter; 08-30-17 at 05:20 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I did one with ntertops under one minute

Sobob99
    Sobob99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1234

Seems fine to me

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I keep getting "error # 26: 258: txn.mempool-conflict"

Any info on how to fix this?

Everything is confirmed

Trying to send from blockchain to a book

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Why y'all using Blockchain when there's other wallets? Seems like there's always delay with BC

jjgold

What do you think is a better wallet thank block chain

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Airbitz, LBC, BitPay. I never had delays with any. I've waited 6 hours thru Blockchain before, never again.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    Why y'all using Blockchain when there's other wallets? Seems like there's always delay with BC
    The wallet used has zero effect on the confirmation time.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8006

The wallet used has zero effect on the confirmation time.
    Yep, all about the fee per byte and luck. There are some wallets that either charge too high or don't let you change the fee; I definitely wouldn't choose those unless you absolutely have to.

jjgold

It is all random

Sometimes fast and sometimes 6 hrs

Be prepared

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I am all good now, thanks for your help Opti
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave kidcudi92 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

My only question is.... for automated Bitcoin deposits like Bookmaker or DSI... etc.... if they don't receive it within 15 minutes... are they correcting the Bitcoin fluctuation on the Deposit? Or if they receive it in like an hour... are they keeping the same price quoted?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I mentioned this before and will mention it again. Why will books not cover the fees? They do for person to person. And they have to pay a middle man for that too. Their margins are ridiculous high on bitcoin. Why are they also passing along the fees. Because nobody complains about it I guess. This would be a Non issue if they offered to cover fees.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My only question is.... for automated Bitcoin deposits like Bookmaker or DSI... etc.... if they don't receive it within 15 minutes... are they correcting the Bitcoin fluctuation on the Deposit? Or if they receive it in like an hour... are they keeping the same price quoted?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I've seen CRIS group go both ways. Always to the players advantage.

I don't think they guarantee that though.

I thought Betonline stuck to a fixed price but have also seen them go both ways according to posters.

Just cross fingers and hope the price keeps moving upward and we will always get at least what we expected.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I mentioned this before and will mention it again. Why will books not cover the fees? They do for person to person. And they have to pay a middle man for that too. Their margins are ridiculous high on bitcoin. Why are they also passing along the fees. Because nobody complains about it I guess. This would be a Non issue if they offered to cover fees.
    I think the bitcoin network fees have been so low no book has seen it as needed. Plus so many offer a bonus of bitcoin deposits anyway.

If it becomes an issue to the level P2P fees were, then I think books will start doing the same with fees.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

If they get a single confirmation within the 15 min window they will honor the price. Otherwise it will reprice when it arrives.

jjgold

It's still the best option out there so we have to use it it's way better than anything else we've had in years

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by craigpb View Post
    A number of different things are going on. Though Segwit is now implemented, allowing room for more transactions at once and eventually lower fees due to less buildup of transactions, wallets used to send bitcoin are mostly not yet Segwit capable (the sending address will have a 3 at the start instead of a 1).

Miners have been mining bitcoin and BCH lately because BCH has been more profitable at times. Fewer miners, the longer the wait for bitcoin transactions. Right now they are mining BCH; check back tomorrow and it should be much better.

Also because some companies want even bigger blocks, they are spamming low fee transactions to make it look like you need to make the fee bigger and to make their argument look good. Happens at times; the quickest time to get confirmations usually is anytime after midnight until early morning in US.

The best thing you can do is check fees page before sending and pick the lowest fee range that is under 1000. Don't worry about the time estimate; you are just looking for a range that has as few transactions as possible. It will get included. I do that every transaction and the longest I've had to wait using Blockchain is 1 hour. Never just go with their suggestion.
    If you need it confirmed right away, then your only choice is to go with a fee range that is under 1000 transactions and surrounded on both sides with few transactions.

Still lots of different opinions and battles being waged, so don't expect great progress quite yet. Best thing you can do is plan ahead or check the fees page many times a day so you can time your transaction better.
    I just wanted to bump this post because it worked for me. Just trying to help other SBR posters out with confidence in this approach.

1. I use a blockchain wallet. Just giving you heads up.

2. Sent someone around $1,200 the other day... it was Wednesday around 12 Noon Eastern.

3. I clicked custom fees at blockchain and typed Sat/B 31

4. Blockchain's automated response... "We don't advise this amount. It is very low." Something in that regard.

5. I clicked override... and sent anyways.....

6. The receiver got it exactly in 14 minutes.

7. The fee was only $0.33

Thanks for the post Craig. It was a great help!

Now, I understand not every poster is using a blockchain wallet... furthermore... people are claiming it's the same network... and it's irrelevant in what wallet you're using... but why does one wallet seem to work at a lower price than another wallet at a higher price? Something to think about and consider.

Just to give you stats on the transaction.... (because I keep track of everything....)

Date: Wednesday September 6, 2017

Time: 12:36 PM Eastern

Amount: $1,211

Size: 226b

Sat/b: 31

Network Congestion At The Time: Approx 8,220 Unconfirmed

Time of first confirmation: 14 Minutes

Fees: $0.33

Hope this info helps you guys!

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13324

Tried transferring btc from my wallet to coinbase last night and nothing showing up yet even though wallet shows transaction completed. Is it really this slow as nothing even shows pending with coinbase? Is it any quicker if using ltc instead? I guess it would involve more fees correct?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Tried transferring btc from my wallet to coinbase last night and nothing showing up yet even though wallet shows transaction completed. Is it really this slow as nothing even shows pending with coinbase? Is it any quicker if using ltc instead? I guess it would involve more fees correct?
    That sounds strange. But dont have any suggestion more than send ina support request. :\
    Points Awarded:

Chief Wahoo gave Optional 30 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chief Wahoo

That sounds strange. But dont have any suggestion more than send ina support request. :\
    Thanks! I sent a support request to wallet support and coinbase support. Hoping it's not lost in outer space somewhere.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Thanks! I sent a support request to wallet support and coinbase support. Hoping it's not lost in outer space somewhere.
    It's not even worth contacting coinbase. They won't reply for at least 30 days if your lucky.

Chief Wahoo

I sent a litecoin transfer and already made the withdrawal. Plan on transferring btc from book and then to ltc as seems to avoid the hassles. Coinbase now has a message reporting btc delays.

First 12