Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Julian Edelman's knee injury

Leg buckled when he planted it. Buzz is that it could be an ACL tear. Hope it isn't bad and is just a minor sprain.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He would be missed although Brady makes everyone look good

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Would mean nothing. It's all systems
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Bill Belichick will wave his magic wand and anoint some "xyz" receiver to grace any turf
    that the Patriots line up on.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

now if we can only get Brady out for the season...GO FINS!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

The backup jimmy could still walk over this division

Beengettinpaid
    Beengettinpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

This opens the door nicely for the Jets to win the division

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Beengettinpaid View Post
    This opens the door nicely for the Jets to win the division
    Not a bad first post.

Sarcastic, cute, a bit of a zinger.

I look forward to more.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just pick some fast white dude off the streets that loves to play slot.

Problem solved.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Hogan new WR (white receiver) to fill in

Amendola
    Gronk

Pats are fine

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Cooks

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Means absolutely nothing.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    now if we can only get Brady out for the season...GO FINS!!!!
    With Jay Cutler running that show?
    Good luck with all that.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    With Jay Cutler running that show?
    Good luck with all that.
    He a upgrade from tannenhil and it not even close. Offense gonna take big strides forward w him running the show, Parker is gonna become a star, stills deep speed will finally be taken advantage of. All of which are gonna give ajayi a great deal more room to run as defenses are gonna be forced to respect the playmakers on the outside. Cutler gets a bad wrap, supreme arm talent and much tougher than given credit for, sure he lacking as a leader and his body language sucks at times but so what, he willing to stand in face of pressure and he can make all the throws.

stevenash

^
    I don't hate the guy, two things, he's too much of a snowflake, and he's a pick 6 waiting to happen.
    Yes, very strong arm.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I don't hate the guy, two things, he's too much of a snowflake, and he's a pick 6 waiting to happen.
    Yes, very strong arm.
    Yea he like most the supremely talented arms before him tends to get into trouble thinking he has the ability to stick the ball in no matter how tight the window... this year it appears to me he gonna forgo some of that and instead elect to chuck up jump balls to Parker which far less likely to be picked and almost certainly not for 6.

You always gonna have to live with some turnovers w a gunslinger, as long as there far more good than bad which I think was true about his previous year working w gase in chi with a team that had far less offensive talent surrounding him..

The explosiveness he brings to this passing game I think gonna pay more dividends than his occasional couple turnover game. I get it tannenhil was safe w ball and didn't turn it over much, but he also rarely produced splash plays and his long tedious drives stalled out far too often while defenses got comfortable with idea they could bring a safety up to support the run without great risk of paying for it deep. Parker and stills were criminally underused as Landry caught 12 underneath routes and a few slants every game..

I've certainly been wrong before and undoubtedly will be many many more times just this season but man am I high on what cutler brings to this offense that it has never had with tannenhil under center. I'd go as far to say I'd be shocked if this didn't go really well and Mia is in thick of playoff contention at end of this season.

I'll be first to come back and let ya'll mock my stupidity for believing in cutler if this goes bad. I'm a man no problems owning it went im wrong. In this instance if I'm wrong I'm wrong big cause I've been drinking the kool-aid since min I heard tannenhil was out knowing cutler was the right guy before he even signed..

stevenash

^
    I won a $$$ fantasy league in 2014 with Cutler as my QB, got him deep, like 14th round if memory serves.
    Had the combo that year of Matt Forte and Cutler. Actually Forte had more to do with me winning than Cutler.
    Forte in his prime was a fantasy god! That year he ran for over 1000 yards, broke the single season record with 102 receptions, most by any running back ever. That league was 1 point PPR league.

Every time Cutler hit Forte out of the backfield it was 1 point for the reception, plus the reception yards Forte gained, usually about 8 yards per catch plus the Cutler points for the yardage, not to mention all those rushing yards Forte gained.

Forte was money that year, he had 102 catches and was targeted 130 times. You don't get anymore dependable than that, I think he only dropped like 6 passes that whole season.

One of my all time favorite players Matt Forte was, always prepared, always gives you 100 percent on the field. class act, nice guy, and a coaches dream.

My guy when I was a kid was Phil Simms, some thought of him as a bit of a snowflake, he really wasn't, he'd slam the ball down in disgust if his o-line caused him to get sacked, Simms was a gamer, but Forte in his prime was the ultimate running back, oh sure Jim Brown and Sayers and the other epic hall of fame backs were better, but for my money, give me those 4 1/2 years Forte had in his prime, I dislike the Jets, but I hope he has a little something left in the tank for them