slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Miguel Cabrera

Is he ruining his baseball legacy with these antics of late

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Happy Birthday, Miggy!!! One of the funniest guys in the game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Once we paid him 300 mill he checked out. Same as every other star. This is a guy who literally never got injured for 10 years then all of the sudden he's getting injured. Why? Because he's not hungry for baseball/championships, he's just hungry for food. See him out now and then just smashing like crazy. Smh. Love the guy but he buried us... No excuse why he shouldn't be an MVP candidate yearly. Literally none. Most talent guy with a bat in his hands of this generation.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Once we paid him 300 mill he checked out. Same as every other star. This is a guy who literally never got injured for 10 years then all of the sudden he's getting injured. Why? Because he's not hungry for baseball/championships, he's just hungry for food. See him out now and then just smashing like crazy. Smh. Love the guy but he buried us... No excuse why he shouldn't be an MVP candidate yearly. Literally none. Most talent guy with a bat in his hands of this generation.
    You think after 10 years of hof production a guy should keep producing at that level? It don’t usually work that way unless they juicing and he doesn’t strike me as a guy that would workout if he juiced anyways, lol.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You think after 10 years of hof production a guy should keep producing at that level? It don’t usually work that way unless they juicing.
    The point I was going to make. Throw out the 20-plus year steroid era and this is what happens to almost all baseball players throughout history, even the best, about age 33 or 34.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think Tigers management knew the expectancy. I don't think Miggy checked out... he's just older now. Is he worth the amount and long contract??? Again... Tigers management knew what they were doing...

I knew he wouldn't be worth sh#$ in 4-5 years or so.... but they paid him anyways.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

You think after 10 years of hof production a guy should keep producing at that level? It don’t usually work that way unless they juicing and he doesn’t strike me as a guy that would workout if he juiced anyways, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I think Tigers management knew the expectancy. I don't think Miggy checked out... he's just older now. Is he worth the amount and long contract??? Again... Tigers management knew what they were doing...

I knew he wouldn't be worth sh#$ in 4-5 years or so.... but they paid him anyways.
    Normally I'd agree with you guys, but this is a guy who won the triple crown when he was what, 30? 31? I mean, the guy was in his prime in his early 30s.... You don't win an mvp and a triple crown when you're 30 years old and then go downhill. That should, in theory, be the middle of your prime. And it's not like baseball is that taxing on the body. It's not basketball or NFL. He inflated. He got slower. Weaker. Has back problems cause doesn't give a f or take care of himself. Right now would be the time for Miggy to be falling off, at 36, 37 years old. But at like 33, 34, 35....he should still be a dominant player. His batting average is solid, but I don't see how a guy like that only hits 18HRs in 120 games, and then 16 hrs 2 years later. He's obviously been injured, it's not a result of his skills lessoning. He just doesn't want to rehab his injuries. All he cares about is food and chillen and spending that money.

I'm sure Tigers management knew what they were doing Money Shot. For sure. He's the only marketable player on our team.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Normally I'd agree with you guys, but this is a guy who won the triple crown when he was what, 30? 31? I mean, the guy was in his prime in his early 30s.... You don't win an mvp and a triple crown when you're 30 years old and then go downhill. That should, in theory, be the middle of your prime. And it's not like baseball is that taxing on the body. It's not basketball or NFL. He inflated. He got slower. Weaker. Has back problems cause doesn't give a f or take care of himself. Right now would be the time for Miggy to be falling off, at 36, 37 years old. But at like 33, 34, 35....he should still be a dominant player. His batting average is solid, but I don't see how a guy like that only hits 18HRs in 120 games, and then 16 hrs 2 years later. He's obviously been injured, it's not a result of his skills lessoning. He just doesn't want to rehab his injuries. All he cares about is food and chillen and spending that money.

I'm sure Tigers management knew what they were doing Money Shot. For sure. He's the only marketable player on our team.
    I look at it this way.... how many big contracts never performed for us??? I always think of Juan Gonzalez. And we had a couple of pitchers. I don't know if anyone is worth 28 million a year? But... Miggy gave us excitement.... more than any other player. Again, it's just my opinion. The guy just turned 36 years old. It's kind of over for him... I knew it was over for him last year.

Your body just changes... even triple crown players. I don't think the Tigers should of signed him long term... but... it is what it is. I never knew the entire contract was guaranteed... but it is.... 8 year $248,000,000 is all guaranteed. Damn... that's some serious money.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

All guaranteed, wow ..can't be that many contracts all guaranteed

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Miguel Cabrera said he hopes to reach 3,000 career hits and 500 HRs this year. Among the six men in the 3,000/500 club (Aaron, A-Rod, Mays, Murray, Palmeiro, Pujols) none reached both milestones in the same season. Cabrera is 134 hits shy of 3,000 and 13 HRs short of 500.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

still got 5 years left paying this bum

exhibit a why long term contracts don't work out

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    still got 5 years left paying this bum

exhibit a why long term contracts don't work out
    Never. Especially Guaranteed.

It's why when people criticize NFL players I just laugh.

Also don't be a fa=ggot and slow roll people. It'll get you killed in real life. Just saw a guy about get his throat slashed in AC last night.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Never. Especially Guaranteed.

It's why when people criticize NFL players I just laugh.

Also don't be a fa=ggot and slow roll people. It'll get you killed in real life. Just saw a guy about get his throat slashed in AC last night.
    haha was just playing relax

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3362

He was the best hitter ever in his prime
    His 7th inning or later numbers were off the charts
    Of course he is injured and old now but he was clutch