Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Matt Joyce Suspended For Gay Slurs

Oakland Athletics’ Matt Joyce has been suspended two games without pay starting Saturday after a verbal altercation with a fan on Friday night in which the outfielder used an anti-gay slur, the league announced on Saturday afternoon.

The Athletics released a statement in the aftermath of the incident and Joyce also issued an apology on Saturday afternoon prior to the suspension, stating:

“In regard to last night’s incident, I first and foremost want to sincerely apologize to the fans, the Oakland A’s, MLB and the most importantly the LGBTQ community for my comments and actions. A fan yelled vulgar and obscene words about me and my family and I let my frustrations and emotions get the better of me. I am beyond sorry for the inappropriate language that I used and understand and agree that those words should NEVER come out of someone’s mouth no matter the situation.

“Anyone who knows me will tell you that incident it is not reflective of me as a person, how I treat others, how I live my life and that those hurtful words are not my views. I fully support and hope to help the LGBTQ community with their efforts in being treated fairly and intend to let my actions speak louder than anything more that can be said about this truly regrettable moment.”

The two-game suspension will mirror the one that was handed to Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Pillar, who directed a homophobic slur at Atlanta Braves pitcher Jason Motte back on May 17.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

LGBTQ community win again.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

So if the guy called the fan a retard,would he say I apologize to the mentally handicapped community or what.Enough with this LGBTQ Community crap,all the guy had to say was he apologizes to whomever I offended,easy peasy.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 08-05-17 at 05:29 PM.