Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Point guards are supposed to make plays. Jason Kidd was drafted #2 because of his ability to pass. Gary Payton was drafted #2 because of his ability to pass. What are you missing here? You think basketball is all about scoring? He's gonna score also, he is a better shooter than them both. He, Magic, Payton, and Kidd all had comparable college freshmen stats. The kid's gonna be fine.
    Gary Payton was a lockdown defender. Something Ball will never be.

Jason Kidd was a way way way better athlete and more explosive than Ball will ever be.

Both of those guys could drive by their man and get into the paint whenever they wanted too. Payton was an excellent post up guard in the post. Ball has literally no above average NBA skill other than passing. And if you can't get into the lane, against half court defense, as a PG you will be ineffective.

It's why guys like Kendall Marshall and Luke Ridnour, even though they were first round picks and had size, got nowhere in the league. If you can't break guys down off the dribble, you can't play PG in the NBA. Doesn't matter how good of passer you are.

Plaza23

^^^Nothing you said is correct.
    The Lakers record over last 4 years says otherwise. Also, the trade value of Russell, Randle, and Ball says otherwise too. You think any teams are going to trade anyone for them? Russell was such trash the only thing the Lakers could get was dumping him on the Nets. Randle is trash. What team wants him? So is Ball.

The Lakers will be the worst team in the league this year.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Gary Payton was a lockdown defender. Something Ball will never be.

Jason Kidd was a way way way better athlete and more explosive than Ball will ever be.

Both of those guys could drive by their man and get into the paint whenever they wanted too. Payton was an excellent post up guard in the post. Ball has literally no above average NBA skill other than passing. And if you can't get into the lane, against half court defense, as a PG you will be ineffective.

It's why guys like Kendall Marshall and Luke Ridnour, even though they were first round picks and had size, got nowhere in the league. If you can't break guys down off the dribble, you can't play PG in the NBA. Doesn't matter how good of passer you are.
    I dont understand the whole Ball isnt quick thing, he is. I think at UCLA he may have been playing hurt actually, in games I saw he seemed to run as if he was dragging a leg a little, he wore a brace on his left leg at UCLA and as Im writing this no doubt I see he had a serious knee injury before school even started. I watched a little of his play last night, looked quicker than he did at UCLA, he's not slow not sure where that comes from. So we have a guy who played one year of college ball on a bad leg and ended being 1 of 4 finalist for the Naismith, not too shabby. There is not a must of breaking someone down off the dribble being a pg, not sure why you say that, yeah thats a must if youre a scoring pg but not for a playmaker, besides you have teammates for picks and what not.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    One thing is for sure... The Balls really bring out the fans. That was the most exciting summer league game I've ever seen and I've been to a bunch of them. The crowd was freaking electric. When have you ever heard "defense" in a summer league? That was very exciting to watch, which is hard to do.

I saw some good things from Ball, dare I say magic like. But his shot is horrific. His mechanics has to many moving parts. I don't think he'll ever be a great shooter with that hitch. He needs to seriously consider changing it.
    The game must not have been that exciting, it looks like you were posting during it.

jtoler

The Lakers record over last 4 years says otherwise. Also, the trade value of Russell, Randle, and Ball says otherwise too. You think any teams are going to trade anyone for them? Russell was such trash the only thing the Lakers could get was dumping him on the Nets. Randle is trash. What team wants him? So is Ball.

Lakers have been a mess the last few years, a wide open no structure offense, place young guys in that and its like watching streetball almost. Randle is talented, quick for his size and can put the ball on the floor but he seems to always go left and youre not gonna get much more than an 8-10 foot jumper out of him. Russell very talented, but again he was at a mess of a team and it seemed as if he didnt know if he wanted to be a scorer or playmaker, he shoots well but taking bad shots will lower anybody's percentage. Everytime Ive had arguments about players or coaches future I havent been wrong so far on the site. All I gotta say is we will see during the season. As always after 1 game people find a spot to hate, where was the hate when he was balling out this past season. You can seriously throw away everything he's done up to this point and say after a summer league game his entire career will be trash, yea ok, hard to take such seriously.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-08-17 at 05:11 PM.

jtoler

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The game must not have been that exciting, it looks like you were posting during it.
    I wasn't at the game Giant - I was on my couch. Sorry my post was a bit confusing there. I always post during most games, even if I'm there live though. It was a great game which is virtually impossible to say in a no nothing, meaningless summer league game. The Laker/Celtic game sold out yesterday afternoon. I'm actually about to watch it as soon as I get these rib eyes off the grill. A lot of people are excited about Laker ball. That's good for the league IMO.

Mac4Lyfe

3 assists and a 3 pointer in the first few minutes already for Ball. The crowd is absolutely going crazy.

I'm not a fan of his loud mouth father but he's a good pick for LA IMO.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Lakers had sellouts for their SL games last year. Fans wanting to see Ingram. SL in Vegas has blown up. Tickets are cheap and the talent high so it's not surprising.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Lakers had sellouts for their SL games last year. Fans wanting to see Ingram. SL in Vegas has blown up. Tickets are cheap and the talent high so it's not surprising.
    Lavar makes it sound like people came out in droves because of his son. Lavar is misinformed but his target audience is clueless so it should all work out fine.

lmao at "culture change"

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Let's face it, the NBA needs this idiot.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

I do understand his dad thinking. The way Ball plays he will always be better with better players around him. So he theoretically should be better in the NBA

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I wasn't at the game Giant - I was on my couch. Sorry my post was a bit confusing there. I always post during most games, even if I'm there live though. It was a great game which is virtually impossible to say in a no nothing, meaningless summer league game. The Laker/Celtic game sold out yesterday afternoon. I'm actually about to watch it as soon as I get these rib eyes off the grill. A lot of people are excited about Laker ball. That's good for the league IMO.
    My bad. I thought you meant you were there. I'm a Lakers fan, so I'm hoping he's as good as can be. There's no questioning his court vision, it will be interesting to see if his funky jumpshot delivery is effective moving forward.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I doubt they will be the worst team in the league.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

My bad. I thought you meant you were there. I'm a Lakers fan, so I'm hoping he's as good as can be. There's no questioning his court vision, it will be interesting to see if his funky jumpshot delivery is effective moving forward.
    Michael Jordan ain't gonna blackjack coach himself TheGiant !!
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave manny24 23 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He looked a little better tonight

jtoler

Messed around and got a triple double.

The Giant

Messed around and got a triple double.
    Triple doubles mean nothing when your team loses.

Ask Russell Westbrook.

jtoler

Ask Russell Westbrook.
    Lol the hate is strong.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

He's horrible he went 1-11 from 3

He's horrible triple doubles don't mean anything if you lose.

You guys are funny.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    He's horrible he went 1-11 from 3

He's horrible triple doubles don't mean anything if you lose.

You guys are funny.
    Conversely, he went 1-11 from 3, he's great.

He had decent stats, but as the leader on the team, he led them to their second straight loss. He's great.

Jake, learn the game before you speak again.

You're lucky I don't pulverize you and drag around your rotting corpse all over this forum.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Ask Russell Westbrook.
    Lavar is going to start talking shit about the other players. He plays bad and they still stay close...it's on them, he plays good and they lose...it's on them.

He just stopped short of blaming the team for the first loss, he'll probably blame them for the second loss.

Edit...In the video above after the first game he talked about blaming the losing on "them." To be honest, I'm not sure if he meant them missed shots from Lonzo, or them other players on the team.
    Last edited by KVB; 07-08-17 at 10:04 PM.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Lavar is going to start talking shit about the other players. He plays bad and they still stay close...it's on them, he plays good and they lose...it's on them.

He just stopped short of blaming the team for the first loss, he'll probably blame them for the second loss.

Edit...In the video above after the first game he talked about blaming the losing on "them." To be honest, I'm not sure if he meant them missed shots from Lonzo, or them other players on the team.
    He might be referring to the white players.

He said that at UCLA, you know.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ball's father said his son will be better than the great Magic Johnson.

Ok... it's time to pull the plug on this guy. Fukking ridiculous.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He is getting better:
    Game 1: 1/11 3 pointers
    Game 2: 1/5 3 pointers

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I doubt they will be the worst team in the league.
    It'll either be them or the Nets again.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

lakers gonna be trash again

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

and fultz injured

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

wheelchair for Fultz

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Conversely, he went 1-11 from 3, he's great.

He had decent stats, but as the leader on the team, he led them to their second straight loss. He's great.

Jake, learn the game before you speak again.

You're lucky I don't pulverize you and drag around your rotting corpse all over this forum.
    Completely missed my point (as usual). It's the second summer league game. None of this is anything more than televised rookie practice. Don't make come to Orange county, Giant because I will.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Michael Jordan ain't gonna blackjack coach himself TheGiant !!
    Dude, you called me out in the other thread than you fled like a lil bitch. You too scared to call the shot so let me. I show you proof on Vince Young and Wesley Snipes and you the loser leaves SBR forever. Let's go. Since I'm a liar, you should be able to win? I'm challenging your bitch ass right now. What say you?

and you turned off your PM's like a pussy. Let's go...
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 07-09-17 at 12:44 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

I think he needs to change it. It'll be interesting to see if Laker brass recommends it. It's too much motion going in 3 different directions. I don't see him shooting an average clip let alone above average from 3 and the league has basically become a 3 point shooting league. If he can't shoot, he's not going to be able to spread the floor much with guys sagging.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Lonzo Ball has shooting form like Kevin Martin.

That's fukking sad.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    TheGiant !!
    You see this mutherfukker run like a bitch again? How many people agree that if someone calls you a liar they should have to put up or get the hell out of here?

Manny - this is the 2nd time you talked shit. One of us leaves SBR. I'm calling your ass out. Now be a man or continue to duck and hide like a pussy. Or do I need to start creating threads in PT calling your ass out until you respond???

First 1234 Last