Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Way too much hype in Boston over fultz. Fans fell victim of the allure of the number one pick and know nothing about the player. They just assume he's the franchise savior because draft boards say he is. He may be great but this draft does not have a clear cut number one player. The top 5 are all equal and have similar potential. Take the player you really want and get whatever else you can on top of it.
    I agree 100%. It will be interesting to look at this thread in a few years and see how it all shakes out.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

how anyone can speculate that the Lakers will suck next year and the Kings the year after is laughable. Pretty positive with Magic driving the bus he's going to get them competitive right away. If you trust Colangelo then this is a great trade. With all the one and done guys, its just a crap shoot anyway

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Fultz has maturity. Sixers like that part the most.
    Plus he can play solid defense. Jackson is the only other player in the Top 5 that can hold his own defensively which is big for the Sixers considering their style is copied from the Spurs organization. They want to run and defend the 3 point line and leave the inside to Embiid and Holmes. Considering they're going to have to start paying these picks in the upcoming years, I guess it's smart to go for it now. I just want to see if Embiid and Simmons can play a full season before they sign them long term.
    If they can then the Big Four (Embiid, Simmons, Fultz and Saric) is a solid young core that they can add pieces to for the next decade.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Trust the process
    Imagine if you had a great looking broad and we're told you can't fukk for 10 years. Whats the point?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Philadelphia at times did show some improvement last year but you're nowhere near any sort of competitive threat

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Not sure but Simmons and Embiid are sick. Never seen Fulz play. Embiid is already one of the best big men in basketball, probably the third best pure center after Demarcus and Marc Gasol.

Simmons will be a great all around player even in his first year. I wouldn't be surprised if Philly made the playoffs if those guys stay healthy, which is a big if.
    Based on this post don't be shocked if Sixers go 0-82 this upcoming season.

Embiid hasn't proven he can stay healthy and 7 footers with leg and feet problems early on rarely have long term success.

Fultz is legit and will make any team he goes to better.

Not sure Jackson is a good fit in Boston. He can't shoot for shit and Brown was developing nicely as rookie on the wing. Celtics should see if Sacto wants Fox badly enough to leapfrog Phoenix to prevent anyone else from taking him. With picks 5 and 10, Boston could get a combo of Tatum, Isaac, Smith, Markkanen, Monk or Z Collins. They need shooters and a big that can run the floor and protect the rim.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I think the Celtics are going to end up with Jimmy Butler and/or Gordon Hayward. It's time to quit developing youngsters and get some proven players in there.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I think the Celtics are going to end up with Jimmy Butler and/or Gordon Hayward. It's time to quit developing youngsters and get some proven players in there.
    Not both guys. They need an athletic big like a Nerlens Noel.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Not both guys. They need an athletic big like a Nerlens Noel.
    I have heard they're trying to get both. Trading the pick and other stuff for Butler, and then signing Hayward. You're right though, going after both does seem kind of redundant. They are kind of the same player.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Celts would quietly LOVE to get Hayward but race baiters want to turn it into something else

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Celts would quietly LOVE to get Hayward but race baiters want to turn it into something else
    Manny, did you watch the 30 for 30 last week between the 1980s Lakers versus Celtics? Those Celtics teams were unbelievable. I haven't seen that many white guys since watching a Princeton and Harvard game. And the best part was, the Celtics had a black coach. It was like bizarro world.

lakerboy

Manny, did you watch the 30 for 30 last week between the 1980s Lakers versus Celtics? Those Celtics teams were unbelievable. I haven't seen that many white guys since watching a Princeton and Harvard game. And the best part was, the Celtics had a black coach. It was like bizarro world.
    The good old days of kc Jones. I remember skipping school to watch those afternoon CBS games.

The Giant

The good old days of kc Jones. I remember skipping school to watch those afternoon CBS games.
    They had NBA finals games on during the week in the afternoon???

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Giant do you think if the C's get Butler AND Hayward that they would be the fav against CLE this year???

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Giant do you think if the C's get Butler AND Hayward that they would be the fav against CLE this year???
    Hmmm...probably not, nope. As long as Lebron can still bring it, he will remain the King. Obviously it wouldn't be as decisive as it was this year though. I'd say Cleveland in six competitive games.

lakerboy

They had NBA finals games on during the week in the afternoon???
    Playoff games. Memorial day not a holiday in Canada.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Fans in Boston are already burning their premature purchase as the Celtics reportedly traded the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers. As a result, it appears as though Fultz will not be coming to Boston after all.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Imagine if you had a great looking broad and we're told you can't fukk for 10 years. Whats the point?
    Imagine you had a beat looking broad and you'd never be able to fukk.

Sixers will be good in time bro.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Sixers will make playoffs next year if they make this move.

Grits and Gravy? 0-82? About to dump on you in this thread, same as all the others.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

Based on this post don't be shocked if Sixers go 0-82 this upcoming season.

Embiid hasn't proven he can stay healthy and 7 footers with leg and feet problems early on rarely have long term success.

Fultz is legit and will make any team he goes to better.

Not sure Jackson is a good fit in Boston. He can't shoot for shit and Brown was developing nicely as rookie on the wing. Celtics should see if Sacto wants Fox badly enough to leapfrog Phoenix to prevent anyone else from taking him. With picks 5 and 10, Boston could get a combo of Tatum, Isaac, Smith, Markkanen, Monk or Z Collins. They need shooters and a big that can run the floor and protect the rim.
    Bingo!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Really hope they pass on Tatum for Jackson. Unfortunately, I had to watch him a lot. He will be the best, in my opinion. Fall to Orlando, please.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Imagine you had a beat looking broad and you'd never be able to fukk.

Sixers will be good in time bro.
    I'd still rather look at the sexy one for 10 years. Philly will be decent. They have somewhat of a plan, but then do dumb shit.

'This kid is playing really well. Hey, let's trade him.'

With all the picks, and players they have had, then anyone with a brain could make them a playoff team in the East. I could make a few moves in a coma to make them an 8 seed.

They just like to tank, then draft like shit. Same with this move for Fultz. Another overrated bum like Simmons. So good, but they couldn't even make the NCAA Tourney in weak conferences. Hell, Fultz couldn't even win 10 games. Take another overrated bum off everyone's hands, Philly. Embiid, Ben, and now Fultz. The best guys they picked, they traded away, or improve when gone.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Here's the final drafting of the trade....I like it....

The Celtics sent that pick to the Sixers for the No. 3 pick and protected 2018 Los Angeles Lakers first-rounder, which the Sixers possessed. The Celtics will get the pick if it falls in slots 2-5 in next summer’s NBA draft lottery. If it doesn’t convey, Boston will receive either Sacramento Kings' or Sixers' first-round pick in 2019; the Celtics would take whichever one is more favorable. But if either of those picks become the first overall, the Celtics will receive the other pick.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Sixers will make playoffs next year if they make this move.

Grits and Gravy? 0-82? About to dump on you in this thread, same as all the others.
    Your bitch ass never learns goatjizz. Every post you make just further proves to everyone that you are a moron. You had a chance to shut me up with a 10k nba capping contest but you did what a bitch would do, curl up in a ball and not participate.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Your bitch ass never learns goatjizz. Every post you make just further proves to everyone that you are a moron. You had a chance to shut me up with a 10k nba capping contest but you did what a bitch would do, curl up in a ball and not participate.
    You're a no name here. No one gonna take a 10k bet with you. I never learn but you told me I was wrong for taking Warriors to win it all before the season. You said my 1500 Durant 2 to 1 finals MVP pick was a bad pick. Won 3 grand on that bet alone. Won another few gs on the warriors to win it all. Didn't see anyone else except T wizzle make those calls. Made them pre season. Just like every year I call who's gonna win. You know nothing about basketball. You're a Ralphie type character that talks. No substance to anything you say.

You made your pick in this thread, I made mine.

Now silence until I say it's your time to speak.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You're a no name here. No one gonna take a 10k bet with you. I never learn but you told me I was wrong for taking Warriors to win it all before the season. You said my 1500 Durant 2 to 1 finals MVP pick was a bad pick. Won 3 grand on that bet alone. Won another few gs on the warriors to win it all. Didn't see anyone else except T wizzle make those calls. Made them pre season. Just like every year I call who's gonna win. You know nothing about basketball. You're a Ralphie type character that talks. No substance to anything you say.

You made your pick in this thread, I made mine.

Now silence until I say it's your time to speak.
    Grits is a no name around here???? The fukk you talking about, you may not like him but he's a top shelf poster. Saying he's a no-name is petty and makes you look small

First 12