The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

When GSW's sweep, What will the Conspiracy Theorists Say??

Every year it's the same thing, guys calling out the NBA for being rigged and extending series just to make more $$$

This is in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary

And this year is a finals series that has really high ratings, if there was ever a year to rig it to go 7 this is the year and it's about to be a sweep

where you at guys? What is your rationale

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Kraken...Looks like the NBA gets a sweep this season.
    The Warriors talent level is far superior to any given opponent.
    We shall see.

* Seaweed has GS so there's always that wrinkle.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Kraken, this is so shortsighted. There is a much further outlook than one season or series, for lack of a better way of putting it.

If part of the population were on the scent of the fix, all it would take is one sweep and the short sighted, non critical thinking population would consider it overwhelming evidence against a fix.

And the world would continue to turn.

Further, it would be awfully presumptive to think a rigged NBA would be so for the purpose of TV ratings, it shows those ratings are often over rated themselves.

That's the problem with many of these "NBA is rigged" people, they may be saying the right thing, but they are ignoring the relevant evidence.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Kraken, this is so shortsighted. There is a much further outlook than one season or series, for lack of a better way of putting it.

If part of the population were on the scent of the fix, all it would take is one sweep and the short sighted, non critical thinking population would consider it overwhelming evidence against a fix.

Further, it would be awfully presumptive to think a rigged NBA would be so for the purpose of TV ratings, it shows those ratings are often over rated themselves.

That's the problem with many of these "NBA is rigged" people, they may be saying the right thing, but they are ignoring the relevant evidence.

It's the same thing every year, this year is just one example.

But you can't have it both ways, saying the NBA is rigging series for profits by making them go longer and then when the biggest series of all comes along and only goes 4 (and the teams combined going into the finals we're 23-1), you say there's a bigger picture and this is only one year.

Guys we're claiming conspiracy when the Rockets/Spurs went 7

Logic doesn't support a rigged system

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    ...saying the NBA is rigging series for profits by making them go longer...
    ...it would be awfully presumptive to think a rigged NBA would be so for the purpose of TV ratings, it shows those ratings are often over rated themselves.

That's the problem with many of these "NBA is rigged" people...they are ignoring the relevant evidence...
    Your logic leading to the conclusion that the NBA is rigged is failing because the premise regarding ratings, and series, and going longer, and 23-1 record, and blah blah blah is a failed premise.

It is false, yet only going down that path of thinking will trip you up when a series, and one you at least think is the biggest of all, is a sweep. Then, when some specific event fails to go the way of the "logic" the whole construct just falls apart.

Think of it this way, light can be both a particle and a wave. It is helpful to view it both ways, especially in the formulation of theories and mathematical concepts.

Early on, way back in the CFL thread, I mentioned that it will be helpful to look at sports through multiple lenses, and used light as an example.

You can view the sports markets in many ways, through many lenses. You can view them as efficient, or inefficient. You can view them as chaotic with the best team winning except for any one of the unknown tangibles getting in the way, or it could be viewed as scripted, with the final score and statistics being "rigged."

You can view them as static, with unchanging edges, but that won't get you too far until you view them as dynamic, but both views are useful.

Likewise, you can apply math to the markets in almost any view. Remember, the only reason to put the markets in view is to make a profit against the number and there are many ways to handicap.

When you begin to parse out the relevant stats to construct a forecast, in whatever view, you can see evidence for that view. And when you watch how it's played in each situation, some things become even more evident.

Like I always say, it's not what they bring, it's how they bring it.

Once you get past what's being brought, you can then appreciate how it's being brought.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

That the basketballs were deflated.

Cavs have a thrush epedemic running through the team.

Kerr was manipulating the big wigs when out.

Something to do with Trump, Russia, Comey or ALL THREE.

JJ Gold threw down 25k I guarantee he was privy to inside info, very very possible Seaweed sold him this information as he is usually in touch with many goings on behind the scene.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I've always liked the magnetic rim theory.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Zero

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

The NBA is rigged and if you don't see it then you're blind.
    Here is a nice example - the TOTAL LINE was 200.5 .... the score is 101-99 for the Pelicans against OKC, 3 minutes to go.

3 minutes is a long time in the NBA, the total line again is 200.5 - look how Russell Westbrook asks and screams for the ball all the times and look how he loses it time after time after time. You watch this video and tell me this is not rigged:

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10874

LeBron's fictious story about the graffiti distracted him and the team from playing their best.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

How does one ignore the supreme court ruling which places pro sports leagues in the exact same category as WWE? even if they sweep, it changes nothing. This shit is legally open to be rigged. Why do you think Tom Brady lost deflategate? do you have a brain?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    The NBA is rigged and if you don't see it then you're blind...
    Not only did you take my quote out of context, but if this is a response to me then I'm not sure you even read what you quoted from me.

I know you think you understand what you thought I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

Nomsayin'?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    How does one ignore the supreme court ruling which places pro sports leagues in the exact same category as WWE? even if they sweep, it changes nothing. This shit is legally open to be rigged. Why do you think Tom Brady lost deflategate? do you have a brain?
    The same to you. Read what you quoted from me again.

I'm aware of the court rulings and entertainment branding.

You said, even if they sweep it changes nothing. I said "and the world would continue to turn."

Like I said, I know you think you understand what you thought I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.
    Read it again.

trevor123698

all this "when" talk..what you got cookin' tonight. A billion cash on warriors? wouldn't expect anything less from this kind of talk

#GetBuried

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Ok here's a theory, warriors win in 7 games. Since March 14th, also known as pi day, GSW's record is 30-1. If golden state lose three games and won one their record since pi day is 31-4. The number pi (π) is equal to 3.1415... Warriors organization won back in 20[15].

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Stern got offered the Warriors dancers for one weekend of his choosing. You can't name a man that would turn that down, CASE CLOSED.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Biggest losers are always the guys who are regularly crying fix. But dumb people are simply not smart enough to realize they are dumb, so they will make the same mistakes over and over again

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    The NBA is rigged and if you don't see it then you're blind.
    Here is a nice example - the TOTAL LINE was 200.5 .... the score is 101-99 for the Pelicans against OKC, 3 minutes to go.

3 minutes is a long time in the NBA, the total line again is 200.5 - look how Russell Westbrook asks and screams for the ball all the times and look how he loses it time after time after time. You watch this video and tell me this is not rigged:

Three years and you're still butthurt

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Three years and you're still butthurt

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    Biggest losers are always the guys who are regularly crying fix. But dumb people are simply not smart enough to realize they are dumb, so they will make the same mistakes over and over again

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

GSW greatest NBA team of all times

Everyone agrees too including oddsmakers

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Don't need to rig anything when ratings are up because dumb people continue to watch games even though they are blowouts and the champion was decided months ago. If playoff ratings were down this year that would be the true test

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

This is all part of the plan for Lebron to say the fake "hate crime" committed against him cost his team any shot at winning. Then all the libtards can talk about how racist America is and how it still holds a black man down through fake hate crimes like the ones against Lebron and Adam Jones.

Stay woke fam.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Every year it's the same thing, guys calling out the NBA for being rigged and extending series just to make more $$$

This is in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary

And this year is a finals series that has really high ratings, if there was ever a year to rig it to go 7 this is the year and it's about to be a sweep

I am right here...and I have given you my rationale...time and time again....the problem is...you don't listen...I did the same shit last year WELL in advance...

trevor123698

well, I'm the one of us who is gonna hit a 4 game parlay for 13 thousand dollars on fathers day and you are not

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

it's not rigged. sure, there are times when owners will collude having been paid huge amounts by bookies or to gain some advantage in the near future which happens in all sports. the problem is the many ignorant people that seem to think things not going their way is conspiracy. refs will make mistakes, and some really bad call... these are people just like us, and you'll be delusional if you think they won't be favoring a side because they do watch the games too and will be fans of some of the players on the court. in the 90's we had the jordan rules, yet no one's crying foul about his chips.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

When this shit goes 7 a lot of people are going to claim aliens.

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGambler View Post
    Ok here's a theory, warriors win in 7 games. Since March 14th, also known as pi day, GSW's record is 30-1. If golden state lose three games and won one their record since pi day is 31-4. The number pi (π) is equal to 3.1415... Warriors organization won back in 20[15].
    I am going to think long and hard about guaranteed money. I'm running an open parlay alongside bets that pay me about 4500 already on cavs in 7...so basically I will have a choice of adding warriors to my open parlay and taking the guaranteed money of either 3300 for warriors or 4500 if cavs win..I probably let it ride on lebron. The goal here is to make him the new GOAT. lifetime billion dollar contract with nike. Don't overthink it