t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

2017 NBA Finals Opening Lines

Game 1 opens Warriors -7 -105/-105 at Pinnacle.

Series odds are -265/+230.

nopressure
    nopressure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

If you believe that the Warriors can win in less than 6, you can probably get +150. I don't.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by nopressure View Post
    If you believe that the Warriors can win in less than 6, you can probably get +150. I don't.
    Yea need to see those odds along with exact series prices.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I'll take Cleveland with the points and sprinkle some M/L

Remember San Antonio had them beat in game 1 before the injury

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Will hammer the cavs after they lose game 1

lakerboy

Cavs down to+208 already

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How do these games not fly over?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Cavs down to+208 already
    Defending champs are better than 2 to 1 to win?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

GS in 4 prop.

lakerboy

Defending champs are better than 2 to 1 to win?
    Yup and for good reason. Warriors have home court and better starters. Line is right but it don't mean state is winning. Don't forget state was -260 in series last year.

t-wizzle

Yup and for good reason. Warriors have home court and better starters. Line is right but it don't mean state is winning. Don't forget state was -260 in series last year.
    And don't forget it took a suspension to Green and an other worldly performance from James and Irving in Games 5-7.

Warriors add Durant and suddenly this just became twice as hard for James.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cavs go under +200

It's the lock of all locks.

lakerboy

And don't forget it took a suspension to Green and an other worldly performance from James and Irving in Games 5-7.

Warriors add Durant and suddenly this just became twice as hard for James.
    Did Green play in games 6-7? I'm tired of that excuse. Warriors added Durant but have no bench and can't rebound. Cavs have confidence they can get beat them. Cleveland will let Durant get his points but he ain't coming into the paint without getting knocked down. Over the course of a long series Durant will get weaker. Cavs are stacked.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Also why is line lower than last year's final? Also 2 of the best 3 players on the series play for the cavs.

t-wizzle

Who is going to knock down Durant in the paint? That shit doesn't happen anymore. NBA doesn't allow it.

The line is lower because the Cavs have been on a tear this postseason. It has steadily gone down since books threw out a line a few weeks back. And they're still garnering plenty of action. Cavs will be a public play in Game 1. Then they'll lose by 10-15 and the public will doubt them and they'll be much more competitive in Game 2 but still lose.

lakerboy

Who is going to knock down Durant in the paint? That shit doesn't happen anymore. NBA doesn't allow it.

The line is lower because the Cavs have been on a tear this postseason. It has steadily gone down since books threw out a line a few weeks back. And they're still garnering plenty of action. Cavs will be a public play in Game 1. Then they'll lose by 10-15 and the public will doubt them and they'll be much more competitive in Game 2 but still lose.
    The line is lower cause the cavs have been on a tear? So golden state has been losing lots of games and been ice cold? I agree the cavs lose game 1.

What you mean the NBA doesn't allow it? So when Tristan Thompson hammers Durant the first time the NBA is going to rewind the game and start over? Cleveland knows Durant is mentally weak. His move to state showed that. One hard foul and they get in his head and green starts becoming agitated.

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

These are 2 evenly matched teams.

Kyrie = Curry
    LBJ = KD
    Love = Green

Klay has been a scrub all playoffs long.

Cavs in 6!!!

t-wizzle

When did I ever say anything about Golden State losing? They did what they were supposed to do. Nobody doubted them winning the West. The Cavs were not expected to get through as easily as they did. Just a couple months ago a lot of people, yourself included, had them bowing out before the Finals this year.

Lol when has Tristan Thompson ever hammered anyone in the lane? That Charles Oakley shit doesn't happen anymore.

ticklemepink1991
    ticklemepink1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 820

cavs in 5

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

When did I ever say anything about Golden State losing? They did what they were supposed to do. Nobody doubted them winning the West. The Cavs were not expected to get through as easily as they did. Just a couple months ago a lot of people, yourself included, had them bowing out before the Finals this year.

Lol when has Tristan Thompson ever hammered anyone in the lane? That Charles Oakley shit doesn't happen anymore.
    C'mon man...everyone with half a brain knew Cavs were just coasting. Don't worry about regular season stats and records.

LeBron and company are better than last season and have a deeper squad.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    C'mon man...everyone with half a brain knew Cavs were just coasting. Don't worry about regular season stats and records.

LeBron and company are better than last season and have a deeper squad.
    lol I love how people say that now. So many people were worried about the Cavs at the end of the regular season.

I've said all along they'd win the East and can back that up with posts from this season but nobody said they'd turn it on like they did these playoffs.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's all about if Durant stays away from his mama's tit.

So far... he won't stay away from it. Not man enough to win.

Think about all the bonehead mistakes he use to make at OKC. Guy just sucks.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Here's my take FWIW. The Warriors have multiple defenders that can guard Kyrie and LeBron AND they're going to have to make LeBron also work on defense whoever he is guarding. LeBron will have to play anywhere from 42-45 every game. I'm betting against him that he won't be able to sustain that level of play, especially if he is forced to do more on the defensive end.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Why do people say the Cavs are deeper this year and the Warriors aren't as deep?

Warriors lost nobody relevant except maybe Bogut and it's not like it's a great matchup for him anyway. Their core guys off the bench are pretty much the same as last year, Livingston, Iguodala, West in for Speights and McCaw in for Barbosa. If anything I almost like this year's group better.

Cavs had Richard fukking Jefferson be a major contributor last year, the guy is starting to show his age now. He won't be a factor this year. Is adding Kyle Korver really that big of a deal? Nobody else will play significant minutes. Shump is the same player he's been for the last 3-4 years.

Even if you have a slightly different evaluation of a couple players, there is no way you can make a real argument the supporting cast is that much different than it's been before, nor that the Cavs have a significant advantage there.

The only real difference with last year's series is that the Warriors added this guy Kevin Durant. Apparently he's pretty good at basketball.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They replaced barnes with durant. Barnes is an elite player just did not take manyshots on a stacked team

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Twizz I think the worry was if they could coast and then turn it on. Will they look like regular season Cavs or will they look like the defending champs? Now that the question is answered you can talk differently about them. Maybe?
    lol I love how people say that now. So many people were worried about the Cavs at the end of the regular season.

I've said all along they'd win the East and can back that up with posts from this season but nobody said they'd turn it on like they did these playoffs.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Here's my take FWIW. The Warriors have multiple defenders that can guard Kyrie and LeBron AND they're going to have to make LeBron also work on defense whoever he is guarding. LeBron will have to play anywhere from 42-45 every game. I'm betting against him that he won't be able to sustain that level of play, especially if he is forced to do more on the defensive end.
    The same multiple defenders who couldn't stop Kyrie Irving and Lebron James last year? Okay. Seems like it was Curry who had trouble with cleveland's athleticism, not the other way around or you didn't watch the finals last year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Curry cannot defend

If Irving plays well Cleve should win

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Curry cannot defend

If Irving plays well Cleve should win

Was getting worried JJ may endorse the Warriors.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Was getting worried JJ may endorse the Warriors.
    JJ is on both sides. He had been tooting states horn all year

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The same multiple defenders who couldn't stop Kyrie Irving and Lebron James last year? Okay. Seems like it was Curry who had trouble with cleveland's athleticism, not the other way around or you didn't watch the finals last year.
    Actually, there's another guy named Kevin Durant on the team now. He's pretty good.

I'm well aware of GS hiding Curry on probably JR Smith. Point being is that adding Durant adds another dimension. LeBron will have to be at his absolute best on both ends if Cavs are to have a shot.

I don't discount the physical/emotional/mental toll on going to the Finals seven straight years, or the Warriors revenge factor either.
    Last edited by The_Kid; 05-27-17 at 01:10 AM.

Seto

JJ is on both sides. He had been tooting states horn all year
    His worse picks are the ones just before the games though. I think when he tries to call things months in advance he's a bit better than during the series or just before it, like his epic 27k on OKC in 2012.

Anyway, it's not like JJgold or Seaweed or Brock Landers or Stephen A Smith or anyone has any impact on who's going to win these finals. Let's be real here.

t-wizzle

Game 1 line now 7.5.

Series odds are -313/+269.

t-wizzle

Cavs +494 going into Game 2 lol.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Cavs +494 going into Game 2 lol.