Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ente...den/330051001/

this shows a little of his last concert
    Last edited by chico2663; 05-18-17 at 09:12 PM.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Points Awarded:

Shute gave chopperocker 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10802

Seasons soundtrack one of the best

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Besides Vision Quest

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Any truth about the last song he played in Michigan was about suicide before he went back to his room and offed himsself?
    Most of his song lyrics were a bit dark in nature.. Still good music.. Best artists are the ones living on the edge, constant mental turmoil.. Good music can and does come from dark places and so does good book writing unfortunately IMO...

Others like Nirvana's - Kurt Kobain comes to mind, Doors - Jim Morison, Jon Bonham of Led Zep, Jimmy Hendricks, Elvis Presley, etc....

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Most of his song lyrics were a bit dark in nature.. Still good music.. Best artists are the ones living on the edge, constant mental turmoil.. Good music can and does come from dark places and so does good book writing unfortunately IMO...

Others like Nirvana's - Kurt Kobain comes to mind, Doors - Jim Morison, Jon Bonham of Led Zep, Jimmy Hendricks, Elvis Presley, etc....
    C'mon bro... you butchered the names of some legendary artists here.

Kurt Cobain
    Jim Morrison
    John Bonham
    Jimi Hendrix

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I told myself I would procrastinate less in 2017.

Don't begrudge a man his New Year's resolution.
    I laughed.

Lots of ppl die everyday. Not sure why the fuk when ppl have heard of that person it all a sudden sad when I don't see daily cry for the average joe so and so who dies everyday thread.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    inb4 chico's aunt used to play with all of them at a small bar in north dakota

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

So sad, this guy was one of the GREATS!

Here's my little eulogy I posted on Facebook today:

RIP, Chris Cornell, one of the greats and gone WAY too young at 52. Lest some lump him in as just another grunge-era singer/guitarist, he was not. He was much more. There was a richness to Soundgarden's music that always eluded their contemporaries. While their sound derived from Zeppelin and Sabbath (with a bit of punk rock sewn into the mix), Chris and his bandmates' songwriting was unique. (Hell, you have to be unique to invent a genre!) Maybe it was the alternate tunings, the unusual time signatures... certainly there was that incredible voice of his -- which married so well with Rage Against the Machine's equally landmark sound in Audioslave years later -- but whatever the case, Soundgarden's music was always instantly recognizable, and their albums met the most important criterium there is: They *rewarded repeated listens.* I will miss this guy dearly.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bonzaii

2daBank

Well screw it. RIP everyone else who died today, my thoughts and prayers go out to their family's. Not so much this guys who everyone seems to think
    A bigger deal than the rest of you fine ppl.
    Points Awarded:

No coincidences gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

This one I don't get. So many have the drug and/or alcohol thing and he had been past that for quite awhile. Looks like he had plenty of money. Living icon from the 90's, seemingly happy relationship with beautiful wife. Gigging when he wants, doing what he loves.

I look at ones like this and honestly I get a little pissed off. This guy had everything I've ever wanted in life. The freedom of money. Love. Doing what he loves for a living and all the respect in the world from others in the industry.

Most of the others make sense at some point, this one (from the outside at least) doesn't.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    This one I don't get. So many have the drug and/or alcohol thing and he had been past that for quite awhile. Looks like he had plenty of money. Living icon from the 90's, seemingly happy relationship with beautiful wife. Gigging when he wants, doing what he loves.

I look at ones like this and honestly I get a little pissed off. This guy had everything I've ever wanted in life. The freedom of money. Love. Doing what he loves for a living and all the respect in the world from others in the industry.

Most of the others make sense at some point, this one (from the outside at least) doesn't.
    Depression a hell of A thing and happens to plenty of ppl who from outside looking in appear to being doing great..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Yeah man.

This one just especially sucks.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Any truth about the last song he played in Michigan was about suicide before he went back to his room and offed himsself?
    He did Led Zep's..."In my time of dying."

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    He did Led Zep's..."In my time of dying."
    Wow, is that a first for him or was that played before on his tour? Interesting.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

It may have been planned. So sad

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Wow, is that a first for him or was that played before on his tour? Interesting.
    They've done it before.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kurt Cobain
    Jim Morrison
    John Bonham
    Jimi Hendrix
    I sure did.. They've all been dead for so long I forgot how to spell their names ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

Real depression issues you can't understand unless you've experienced them yourself.. I've been a happy go lucky guy my entire life until I experienced a severe concussion.. I was literally depressed for an entire month, I felt desperate thoughts and I knew it was from the concussion, still there was nothing I could do to change it.. I didn't feel like my normal self for 3 full months..

Did I feel like checking out at the time no, but I got a glimpse of what depression and desperation feels like.. I hope I never experience that again in my life time..

Real depression is no joke.. I can tell you all this... Your world is out of control and crumbling around you even when it is not..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-17 at 09:34 PM.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Kurt Cobain
    Jim Morrison
    John Bonham
    Jimi Hendrix
    Ever heard of the band,"Tool" , you wouldn't understand

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Ever heard of the band,"Tool" , you wouldn't understand
    That wasn't even remotely funny. You continue to try so hard and fail every time out.

You're like a dog who thinks he's lucked into a free lunch, oblivious to the fact that he's just devoured his own shit.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Real depression issues you can't understand unless you've experienced them yourself.. I've been a happy go lucky guy my entire life until I experienced a severe concussion.. I was literally depressed for an entire month, I felt desperate thoughts and I knew it was from the concussion, still there was nothing I could do to change it.. I didn't feel like my normal self for 3 full months..

Did I feel like checking out at the time no, but I got a glimpse of what depression and desperation feels like.. I hope I never experience that again in my life time..

Real depression is no joke.. I can tell you all this... Your world is out of control and crumbling around you even when it is not..
    Biggest toll on human life will be the psychiatric state of mind (drugs, alcohol, poor home environment) and the obesity epidemic. These things combined will destroy humanity in the developed world

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17840

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I laughed.

Lots of ppl die everyday. Not sure why the fuk when ppl have heard of that person it all a sudden sad when I don't see daily cry for the average joe so and so who dies everyday thread.
    It's because a lot of people feel a connection to the guy through his music as compared to feeling a connection with everyone else who dies.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Besides Vision Quest
    Shute, how the Fk did u let Swain pin u? Were u bought off by the mob?

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Louden trained hard and would not be denied. He came at me with everything. Hats off to Swain.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It's good to see that you not only got better JIB, but also gained an appreciation for something so elusive to others and are able to share it.

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave KVB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Cornell and Morello made one hell of a team.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

RIP

I remember growing up listening to Soundgarden during the 90s.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

This one, I just don't understand. You got a wife. 2 kids. All the money in the world. All the pussy in the world. All the drugs in the world. Millions of fans that adore you. And after a show, in the middle of a tour, you go back to your hotel room and hang yourself. Right after talking to your wife.

Anyways, here was a tribute by Red Hot Chili Peppers last night:

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2MgwAJrfXo[/VIDEO

I watched this with reigle's mom

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Shute, remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azjcxp81daQ

Everyone has an off-day. You were still an all-timer. You pinned Swain at States in VQ2.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Cornell and Morello made one hell of a team.

Chris had amazing vocal range that was a death metal scream in that cochise song

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

show was filled with tributes yesterday

First 1234 Last