AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status
    AlbertAlbert01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I can mathematically prove Michael Jordan is over rated thanks to this fluke...

The fluke is the Holliger formula. Hollinger made drastic changes in the basketball industry bringing a formula that can hardly be used in any way, shape or form to predict outcomes. I used for a while to lose bets after bets. It just did not fit the bill. I'm not sharing my formula because that's one of my tools to get an edge, but I'm dropping a little bomb here. Best basketball player to ever lived is Wilt Chamberlain and the difference is so big between Wilt and the rest of the NBA that I accept the fact that the best human to ever play ball was Jordan because Wilt was, in fact, The God of basketball.

Warning: This is just my opinion.
    Another warning: I don't have/care about opinions, just numbers.
    Another warning: I'm a little bit of a troll so you will never know if I'm bluffing or not.
    Another warning: I rarely bluff.
    Last warning: Don't trust my warnings.
    Last edited by AlbertAlbert01; 04-18-17 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Love Jordan but I agree that Wilt Chamberlain's GOAT.

AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status

Nice to find a thinker in the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Love Jordan but I agree that Wilt Chamberlain's GOAT.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

his penis was the true god

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Chamberlain greatest athlete in nba history with respect to the environment not greatest player

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Where did this guy come from??

LOl

Jordan greatest player ever

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

You are an idiot
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Grits n' Gravy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    his penis was the true god
    Game, penis and heart. He was one the first ones to talk about the snow ball effect paying athletes hundreds of millions. Now a house cost half a million, a degree 100k and a 2 h surgery 50k.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Can't "prove" anything. Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant in his era, but that doesn't = best, because he played against much worse competition. Sure there were still some great players, but if you compare the "average" NBA player in the 60s to the "average" NBA player in the 90s, it's a joke. Wilt spent a good chunk of his career matching up against guys who had jobs on the side because they were making 15k a year playing ball.

AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status

Those giving opinions are welcome to speak their mind but opinionated people do not pick winners. I'm into numbers. Number wise Wilt is a God.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Go away again.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Can't "prove" anything. Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant in his era, but that doesn't = best, because he played against much worse competition. Sure there were still some great players, but if you compare the "average" NBA player in the 60s to the "average" NBA player in the 90s, it's a joke. Wilt spent a good chunk of his career matching up against guys who had jobs on the side because they were making 15k a year playing ball.
    15k was probably a good amount back in what? The 30s? 40s? Wilt was equivalent to something like rudy gobert today playing amongst a bunch of 5 foot 6 Irish guys. Like I wrote above, best athlete in respective environment ever

AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Go away again.
    jtoddler here had a typical human basic response. Where humans act like toddlers or animals most of the time and they reject everything that goes against their values.
    Let me use this opportunity to teach you guys about psychology. Jtoddler here uses a mechanism of defense where he identifies himself with a popular. charismatic athlete, in this case, MJ, now anything you say vs MJ will be considered by Jtoddler as a personal insult and will cause immediate rejection as if he was a toddler being insulted. He won't even look at the numbers or take a second to assess both players. He Mr. Jtoddler is, in his mind MJ. And this is the reason why even though Wilt stats are almost identical to MJ stats, except in rebounds and blocks where Wilt is the equivalent to 4 jordans, that no one ever even questions Hollinger PER to find the GOAT.

AlbertAlbert01
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post

I get your point but I'm taking mathematically speaking. You are talking about opinions and environment. In that case then maybe is Curry, Lebron. That falls into opinion and I'm not an opinionated person.
    But my post was not for people like you, your point is 100% valid and I can not prove you wrong. My post was to question people who think MJ is the best based on the Hollinger PER.

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

good thread

shadymcgrady

Didn't take long for this winner to get got

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

So you're say that because PER, a backward looking individual metric, isn't useful in predicting future team outcomes,the conclusions it draws are incorrect? And that because you made a predictive model that is better at choosing winning teams, that it correlates to the individual performance form 30 to 50 years ago?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Troll job.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertAlbert01 View Post
    Warning: This is just my opinion.
    Another warning: I don't have/care about opinions, just numbers.
    Another warning: I'm a little bit of a troll so you will never know if I'm bluffing or not.
    Another warning: I rarely bluff.
    Last warning: Don't trust my warnings.
    What are the odds Wilt fukked your momma??? (-170)?