1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 289,321
    Betpoints: 3377

    Many Vegas Books Grading Future Bets A Loss on Johnson

    Others, including MGM, Boyd Gaming, Caesars, CG Tech and William Hill (the largest Nevada sportsbook operator in terms of number of sportsbooks and market share), told bettors that Johnson's lack of a single stroke in the year's first major championship still results in a lost futures bet.

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  2. #2
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Others, including MGM, Boyd Gaming, Caesars, CG Tech and William Hill (the largest Nevada sportsbook operator in terms of number of sportsbooks and market share), told bettors that Johnson's lack of a single stroke in the year's first major championship still results in a lost futures bet.
    That is standard in most Futures markets. All bets have action, no refunds.

  3. #3
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 15,214
    Betpoints: 145

    What if you bet Dustin Johnson not to win?

    No action prolly
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/12/2018


  4. #4
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,761
    Betpoints: 442

    Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    What if you bet Dustin Johnson not to win?

    No action prolly
    A very interesting question. One that should be posed I guess.

  5. #5
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    What if you bet Dustin Johnson not to win?

    No action prolly
    That is different, those are "vs. field" bets which are refunded even if you bet on Johnson vs. field. The bets that stand and have action no matter what are the straight futures.

  6. #6
    vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-10
    Posts: 5,747
    Betpoints: 375

    Thats kind of rough. Gives the book the edge there. Why they do it that way lt?

  7. #7
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 7,126
    Betpoints: 558

    Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    What if you bet Dustin Johnson not to win?

    No action prolly
    I got screwed, they voided my bet for DJ to not make the cut (+650 odds).
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/19/2018


  8. #8
    Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-12
    Posts: 4,486
    Betpoints: 10396

    buried

  9. #9
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I got screwed, they voided my bet for DJ to not make the cut (+650 odds).
    That is not getting screwed, just about any non-future bet involving Johnson is a refund. The topic in thread title is strictly futures.

  10. #10
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 289,321
    Betpoints: 3377

    Some books gave refunds

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  11. #11
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 7,126
    Betpoints: 558

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That is not getting screwed, just about any non-future bet involving Johnson is a refund. The topic in thread title is strictly futures.
    Well I bet a 3-way bet, Bubba over DJ & Walker and that one held up. Interesting how they pick n choose.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/19/2018


  12. #12
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Well I bet a 3-way bet, Bubba over DJ & Walker and that one held up. Interesting how they pick n choose.
    I would think that would be refunded too. If it for whole tourney or first round only?

  13. #13
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 13,780
    Betpoints: 120

    Interesting how Vegas books are split.

    To me, he didn't take a stroke so he wasn't in the tournament
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/19/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/16/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/12/2018


  14. #14
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 17,628
    Betpoints: 147

    You can make Masters futures bets in January...you can get long odds on guys that won't qualify for The Masters. As LT said, futures bets are action. Tournament matchups and other bets have different rules. Dead heat rules, etc. Always do your research before making a wager.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  15. #15
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 4,764

    Cash grab

  16. #16
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 24,014
    Betpoints: 4927

    If you lose, play stands
    If you win, refund

    They know what they are doing
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  17. #17
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    If you lose, play stands
    If you win, refund

    They know what they are doing
    Not true at all. All bets on futures stand. All other bets involving Johnson should be refunds. I am curious to see what happens (happened?) to DOM's 3-way bet.

  18. #18
    lonegambler23
    Organizations Empire
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 1,593
    Betpoints: 4072

    thats awful.unfair. on 5dimes u usually get the money back if the player doesent play

  19. #19
    lonegambler23
    Organizations Empire
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 1,593
    Betpoints: 4072

    johnson was in on the fix

  20. #20
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    thats awful.unfair. on 5dimes u usually get the money back if the player doesent play
    Not on futures unless specifically stated. The default is all plays stand.

  21. #21
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 24,014
    Betpoints: 4927

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not true at all. All bets on futures stand. All other bets involving Johnson should be refunds. I am curious to see what happens (happened?) to DOM's 3-way bet.
    I thought it was funny too!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  22. #22
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 7,126
    Betpoints: 558

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not true at all. All bets on futures stand. All other bets involving Johnson should be refunds. I am curious to see what happens (happened?) to DOM's 3-way bet.
    It was for 1st round only, and it was graded void / cancelled. 😩
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/19/2018


  23. #23
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 69,417
    Betpoints: 4203

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    It was for 1st round only, and it was graded void / cancelled. ��
    Ah, OK so no issues.

Top