Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Well that didn't take long: Lonzo Ball declares for the NBA

I'm sure Papa Ball blames Alford for the loss today.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

fuk him he quit

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

He'll be an excellent NBA player. Any knowledgeable bettor or follower of college hoops knew Kentucky was the better team and that UCLA's defensive flaws would come back to haunt them eventually.

His shot wasn't great today, but the elite creativity and vision was obvious.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Teams will need to think long and hard before taking him. Some guys will smash no matter where they go, I think this kid needs the right system to excel.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm sure Papa Ball blames Alford for the loss today.
    i think the day he signs his contact is the day he tells daddy the shut the penetrate up and stay out of his career.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave krk1030 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    He'll be an excellent NBA player. Any knowledgeable bettor or follower of college hoops knew Kentucky was the better team and that UCLA's defensive flaws would come back to haunt them eventually.

His shot wasn't great today, but the elite creativity and vision was obvious.
    after game analysis

how surprising

smh what a jerkoff
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave kidcudi92 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KillAllGoogles
    Killin googles day and night
    KillAllGoogles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

UCLA gave Kentucky a good game. Lost control late.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Kid will look great in Purple and Gold

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Todd Marinovich Part Deux.

KillAllGoogles

wondering what his dad will pop off next.

Mac4Lyfe

Why wouldn't he at least wait until tomorrow to announce? He say's he's going to the NBA before he even got out of the locker room. That just seems so selfish to me? He may be quiet but that announcement sounds off alarms to me.
    Points Awarded:

Hu$tle gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10814

Opie syndrome

KillAllGoogles

Why wouldn't he at least wait until tomorrow to announce? He say's he's going to the NBA before he even got out of the locker room. That just seems so selfish to me? He may be quiet but that announcement sounds off alarms to me.
    Almost implying that he didn't care much about the game tonight. He was looking forward.

RobbieStacks

Did anyone catch the "we just lost. I don't have anything to say to you." tidbit? Lonzo's not the model citizen everybody thinks he is haha.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by KillAllGoogles View Post
    Almost implying that he didn't care much about the game tonight. He was looking forward.
    I agree. If you really care, you would be heartbroken of just losing that game. The last thing on my mind would be declaring for the draft. That is so selfish but not unexpected with kids from LA.

Mac4Lyfe

Did anyone catch the "we just lost. I don't have anything to say to you." tidbit? Lonzo's not the model citizen everybody thinks he is haha.
    What? Did he really say that? Damn, this kid is going to be a disaster.

RobbieStacks

What? Did he really say that? Damn, this kid is going to be a disaster.
    Yeah he definitely said something like that. I think it might even be verbatim. The question by the reporter was pretty stupid though, he told Lonzo that he looked uncomfortable on the court and asked if it was because he was nervous or something like that.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

In a career that will span many hundreds of games, why would anyone be heartbroken about one? The only reason Lonzo was even playing in this game, was bc he was forced to attend half a year of college. If he had it his way, he'd already be getting paid. I don't blame him if he didn't feel like talking to the media, they're annoying anyway. I don't know why ANYONE cares what athletes have to say. When was the last time an athlete gave a compelling interview? They don't say anything I haven't seen during the game, or heard at some point prior. Get over it, bc Lonzo will be just fine and so will UCLA.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not a killer
    He is not a winner
    Only into himself

I would never take him

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i don't see him as being anything special.

zero aggressiveness, weak defender. has A TON to work on

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Did u guys want him to lie? He was asked a bunch of questions. It wasn't like he was happy as a pig in mud answering it. He also made a point to talk about the team and all the great memerios he will have. You guys just let the media spin things bad and fall for it. None story here.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    In a career that will span many hundreds of games, why would anyone be heartbroken about one? The only reason Lonzo was even playing in this game, was bc he was forced to attend half a year of college. If he had it his way, he'd already be getting paid. I don't blame him if he didn't feel like talking to the media, they're annoying anyway. I don't know why ANYONE cares what athletes have to say. When was the last time an athlete gave a compelling interview? They don't say anything I haven't seen during the game, or heard at some point prior. Get over it, bc Lonzo will be just fine and so will UCLA.
    Damn, you sound just like Papa Ball. Don't give a shit about anything but getting paid. Guys like you, Colin Kaepernick and the Ball family are what's wrong with sports. You don't care about anything but yourself. Sports has always been about integrity, class, sportsmanship, teamwork, sacrifice, etc., You shit on it because you don't give a shit.

Why would anyone be heartbroken over losing one game? Have you ever played sports? I'm still heartbroken losing a football game over our heated rival in junior high school. I just watched 10 year old boys balling their eyes out losing a (to you - a meaningless) championship basketball tourney. I never forgot, those kids will never forget. Talk to any player on the 1972 US Olympic basketball team and ask them why they are still heartbroken all these years later for being cheated out of a gold medal. Everyone of those players to this day would not accept silver. They all went on to remarkable careers playing hundreds of games for many years but not a one of them forgot about that event.

Lonzo Ball was not forced to play for UCLA. He didn't have to attend college. He could have played professionally in Europe and made his money. It was his choice to play college. Since he chose to play in college, he could have at least had the decency to wait until he took a fukking shower before proclaiming he was taking his talents to the NBA. This fukker and his family have easily become the most annoying people in sports. He get's no sympathy from me and I hope he falls flat on his ass. He is what is wrong with sports. An entitled whiny ass selfish bitch.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wouldn't touch this kid if he fell outside the lottery to my hypothetical team. Fox is a competitor, and wants to win. I'm taking him over Ball, and Fultz all day.

teecee

Of course i have played sports before and i have felt upset about a loss, just as you have. That is bc you, or i, will never go as far in athletics as Lonzo Ball. Better days are ahead for him. Why should he be heartbroken?

Secondly, you are making an assumption that he does not care.

Thirdly, if you care that he doesn't care, you are taking sports way to seriously.

Fourth, you are right, all i care about is profit. I am a gambler during college basketball season.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Did u guys want him to lie? He was asked a bunch of questions. It wasn't like he was happy as a pig in mud answering it. He also made a point to talk about the team and all the great memerios he will have. You guys just let the media spin things bad and fall for it. None story here.
    No, I wanted him to at least wait until he took a fukking shower. How about at least waiting until the post game interviews with your teammates and coach sitting next to you? How about at least waiting until Monday or next week or after the Tourney is over instead of making it all about you? He knew he was a one and done a long time ago but common sense should tell him that he should just say no comment at that moment. Did he stop to think that UCLA fans and students just had their hearts ripped out. Why the hell would you rip them even more by making that announcement? He basically said, hey, I'm moving on to bigger and better things, See Ya. It's that lack of awareness and total selfishness that is troubling. He's a free man, he can do what he wants but it's poor timing just like Lebron's "decision". Get over yourself. Stand by your team. Make it about the team and not yourself. They ask the question and your answer should be... "At this moment, the only thing I'm thinking about is our team and my teammates". I'll have plenty of time to think about that later".

teecee

Also, i don't believe anyone should have to leave the country for work that can be done right here. This is America and we don't stand for discrimination in the workplace. Right?

teecee

You don't think his teammates already knew his intentions before he ever stepped foot on campus? You are insulting their intelligence if you believe that.

It'll be okay.

teecee

Basketball, at the NCAA division 1 level and NBA are, first and foremost, a business.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

You don't think his teammates already knew his intentions before he ever stepped foot on campus? You are insulting their intelligence if you believe that.

It'll be okay.
    The whole world knew, but it screams that he didn't give two shits if they won or not. Have a little respect for your team and fans, and pretend.

Surprisingly, Dad said he's happy Alford is staying to coach his other two meal tickets.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Of course i have played sports before and i have felt upset about a loss, just as you have. That is bc you, or i, will never go as far in athletics as Lonzo Ball. Better days are ahead for him. Why should he be heartbroken?
    Secondly, you are making an assumption that he does not care.
    Thirdly, if you care that he doesn't care, you are taking sports way to seriously.
    Fourth, you are right, all i care about is profit. I am a gambler during college basketball season.
    First off, I played 4 years D1 football. I was considered a very high prospect prior to injuries. Ball could have a career ending injury next month, so no one knows if better days are ahead for him. What does that have to do with anything? Why shouldn't he be heartbroken? You are making an assumption that he does not care not me. I'm making a statement that he should know the time and circumstance and that was a bad time.

This is a sports site. We talk sports here. Many here gamble money on sports so yes it's serious to many. It's not life or death to most but many of us have a vested interest in the game. Many folks were seriously pissed by Kaepernick. Is that taking sports seriously? You damn right. People are emotional about things like God and country. People are also emotional about entitled, selfish, "look at me", athletes. I don't know the kid. He seems to be humble and soft spoken (despite his loud mouth dad). But this was not a good look for him.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

now that all the Ball seasons are over, are they allowed to go see their sick mommy in hospital yet?

teecee

I am of the opinion that the media shouldn't speak to athletes anyway, so we should never know what they are thinking. Very little of what athletes say enhances the product, so why add it?

Don't pay attention to anything athletes say and you will be much better off.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah he definitely said something like that. I think it might even be verbatim. The question by the reporter was pretty stupid though, he told Lonzo that he looked uncomfortable on the court and asked if it was because he was nervous or something like that.
    no no no, that is totally out of context.

he said "we just lost, theres nothing else to say" in the sense of he really didnt have an explanation for why they didnt play well.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I hope Ball goes to the Lakers, cause I hate the Lakers that much!

Mac4Lyfe

Also, i don't believe anyone should have to leave the country for work that can be done right here. This is America and we don't stand for discrimination in the workplace. Right?
    I do not agree with the NBA and NFL on this. They are the only 2 leagues with age restrictions. I think if you are good enough to play in their league, you should be able to at any age. Hell, kids make money acting as young children. Kids make money on the PGA tour or running track or Olympic gymnastics or swimming. Kids can go die for their country but they can't play in the NBA? I don't like it but it's not my league. They came up with the rule because they wanted to protect their product.

But, it's not discrimination in the workplace. A company can have specific requirements that every applicant must meet. Those requirements must be deemed discriminatory by the Department of Labor. The NBA has already vetted their requirements and it has been deemed proper. Good luck taking them to court. Several people have tried and failed. The league and it's players (which the rule protects veterans the most) all have agreed.

http://scholarlycommons.law.case.edu...ntext=caselrev

12 Last