paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Not a single game with drama today

Besides maybe vandy player debacle at the end. Worse opening day fan wise In a while

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

I went 15/16 on my good bracks and I'll never get over that Vandy BS. If I end up going 64/65 for near perfection on one of my bracks, and I get brought into FS1 or ESPN for interviews, I'm going OFF and calling that guy Vandy guy out as a point shaver and saying that the TV networks and refs decided the game long before tip-off b/c of the NU story!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Went all downhill after Princeton/ND.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Not a single game with drama today

But 2 things you'll probably never see again after this years madness.
    1) Florida player shot his foul shots like Rick Barry & did it superbly
    2) All white team with talent, St. Mary's, last time i saw that was Danny Ainge & BYU in early 80's

Both teams won

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    I went 15/16 on my good bracks and I'll never get over that Vandy BS. If I end up going 64/65 for near perfection on one of my bracks, and I get brought into FS1 or ESPN for interviews, I'm going OFF and calling that guy Vandy guy out as a point shaver and saying that the TV networks and refs decided the game long before tip-off b/c of the NU story!
    They would edit it out and never give you the opportunity

RobbieStacks

It would be live TV lol. Can't edit that, that's goin' viral on YouTube!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Wisky/VT was a tight game that was good until I got boned at the end on +6.5. Virginia/NC Wilmington wasn't a bad game. Not sure why you have to have huge upsets and buzzer beaters everywhere to say there was drama

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Princeton had an open look in the air to beat Notre Dame......that was the most drama of the day, first game!

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Princeton had an open look in the air to beat Notre Dame......that was the most drama of the day, first game!
    As good of a 3 point shooter as that Cannody guy is, that 3 pointer really wasn't all that close. He banged it off back end of the opposite side from where he was shooting of the back end of the rim.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

It would be live TV lol. Can't edit that, that's goin' viral on YouTube!
    They wouldn't put you on live

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

If someone was going to shave points, they wouldn't wait until the dying seconds.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Excellent day for live betting. Teams built big leads early, and held them. Good ML day.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If someone was going to shave points, they wouldn't wait until the dying seconds.
    I said point-shaving, but I really meant Northwestern ML. Also, he took the last three-quarter court heave and made sure it really wasn't all that close. I know it's not easy, but if he really wanted to make up for his mistake, he would have focused and at least hit rim.

Sorry, but the way those final twenty seconds played out, it really made me think somebody had at least of the Vandy players in his hefty pockets. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but the cameras were heavily focused on the Collins family, and they weren't just going to embarrass a well-known figure in the sports world and an ESPN personality like that. Something was amiss, and it's my fault for not factoring all of that into my brackets.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I said point-shaving, but I really meant Northwestern ML. Also, he took the last three-quarter court heave and made sure it really wasn't all that close. I know it's not easy, but if he really wanted to make up for his mistake, he would have focused and at least hit rim.
    Really? Now your saying the fix was in because dude couldnt hit the rim on an 80 foot heave? He hit the backboard, what more do you want? lol

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Really? Now your saying the fix was in because dude couldnt hit the rim on an 80 foot heave? He hit the backboard, what more do you want? lol
    Nah he had already ensured the Northwestern "feel good" victory for the cameras and the booster who gave him a Trump-esque payday. Making sure the heave was off line was the icing on the cake. Plus, there wasn't anybody even near him, so he could have easily targeted it closer, but he just casually tossed it to the side, and then went to nonchalantly shake hands as if he was going out to chill and get a beer once he got changed into his street clothes.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Well, I was shitting myself with ISU -6. Enough drama for me.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 193

In recent years the opening round seems to have one day that follows the script and then the other is full of drama and upsets. I think we might be in for some crazy shit tomorrow.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 193

The dumbest thing of the day had to be when Seth Davis picked Middle Tennessee State as his underdog lock. He picks the team that is actually favored to win. I am going out on a limb and say that he will probably pick Wichita State tomorrow.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Besides maybe vandy player debacle at the end. Worse opening day fan wise In a while
    Wonder if Fisher-Davis is on suicide watch? That was painful...

Remember Day One last year - no drama either. But Day Two was crazy w 3 buzzer-beaters plus SFA and Mid Tenn with HUGE upsets. Hope for the same tomorrow

Cuse0323

Just a heads up for all. I have Seton Hall tomorrow. You know what to do.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post

1) Florida player shot his foul shots like Rick Barry & did it superbly

That Florida player is son of said Rick Barry. I believe he led the SEC and 3rd overall in free throw % this year.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Just a heads up for all. I have Seton Hall tomorrow. You know what to do.
    Arkansas is a very scary team. I think they wreck the Hall tomorrow and come very close to upsetting UNC.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That Florida player is son of said Rick Barry. I believe he led the SEC and 3rd overall in free throw % this year.

This really should be the universal way of shooting. I would glady be laughed at while hit 85+ percent. I can shoot maybe 70% normally. Underhand with practice would easily be 80%.

Cuse0323

Arkansas is a very scary team. I think they wreck the Hall tomorrow and come very close to upsetting UNC.
    Most likely. I had Arkansas as the one team to take to win the SEC Tourney besides UK, or Florida. I just love Seton Hall this year. Delgado is a beast. They have the guards to beat the pressure, as well. Still, it's a toss up, and I can't win to save my life. The ultimate North vs. South basketball game.

Mac4Lyfe

I was shooting FT's with my son the other day and I was shooting 80% granny style and only 70% regular shooting. It is rather easy as you're shooting the ball like 2 feet in front of you versus tall guys shooting 2 feet above their heads and slightly leaning back.

Cuse0323

I was shooting FT's with my son the other day and I was shooting 80% granny style and only 70% regular shooting. It is rather easy as you're shooting the ball like 2 feet in front of you versus tall guys shooting 2 feet above their heads and slightly leaning back.
    I never took physics, but it seems pretty simple. You can toss it up from a lower angle, then at least hit the front rim, and you're good. The only time they miss is back iron.

Mac4Lyfe

Most likely. I had Arkansas as the one team to take to win the SEC Tourney besides UK, or Florida. I just love Seton Hall this year. Delgado is a beast. They have the guards to beat to the pressure, as well. Still, it's a toss up, and I can't win to save my life. The ultimate North vs. South basketball game.
    Florida had a really good shot at a Final Four until Egbunu got hurt. He was a huge presence in the paint and you have to have an enforcer to rip down rebounds and block shots. They might get bounced to UVA now. That was a huge loss.

UK could make a run but they can't get off to awful starts. If they focus for 2 halves they have a good shot. Monk, Fox and Adabayo (sp?) are incredible talent that can take them deep.

Cuse0323

Florida had a really good shot at a Final Four until Egbunu got hurt. He was a huge presence in the paint and you have to have an enforcer to rip down rebounds and block shots. They might get bounced to UVA now. That was a huge loss.

UK could make a run but they can't get off to awful starts. If they focus for 2 halves they have a good shot. Monk, Fox and Adabayo (sp?) are incredible talent that can take them deep.
    I did have Florida in my top 3 to take a shot on to win it all. Until I realized he got hurt. Don't pay much attention. I settled on Iowa State. Worth a shot. Fox from UK is insane. Kid just can't be stopped when he's in the zone.

Mac4Lyfe

I never took physics, but it seems pretty simple. You can toss it up from a lower angle, then at least hit the front rim, and you're good. The only time they miss is back iron.
    Plus not a lot of moving parts. Just dip then toss. It's just a 1... 2... It was very easy to get in a rhythm, once I got going. I also found myself focusing on the rim better as the ball doesn't get in the way of your vision like a regular shot. I was always a pretty good FT shooter in HS, so I never gave it a thought but some of these poor FT guys in the NBA should really consider it.

Mac4Lyfe

I did have Florida in my top 3 to take a shot on to win it all. Until I realized he got hurt. Don't pay much attention. I settled on Iowa State. Worth a shot. Fox from UK is insane. Kid just can't be stopped when he's in the zone.
    I like Iowa State as well. Good sleeper team.

Cuse0323

Too much pride, I guess. They would rather shoot <50%, and get hacked than use a method that could get them up to 70%.

It would absolutely help these bigs guys out. They have line drive shots.

Cuse0323

I like Iowa State as well. Good sleeper team.
    4 seniors starting. Absolutely love Burton. My favorite player to watch in NCAA basketball. They have all the pieces.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Stressful day. Spreads were to the wire

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    In recent years the opening round seems to have one day that follows the script and then the other is full of drama and upsets. I think we might be in for some crazy shit tomorrow.

I hope it doesn't for the sake of my brackets, but that's probably exactly what's gonna happen. We're gonna end up having either USC (please no) or Dayton winning and screwing a lot of people over.

Mac4Lyfe

I hope it doesn't for the sake of my brackets, but that's probably exactly what's gonna happen. We're gonna end up having either USC (please no) or Dayton winning and screwing a lot of people over.
    Dayton or Wichita State will give UK trouble on Sunday. I think Wichita may actually win if they meet. I'm thinking UK does not want to see Wichita advance.

12 Last